Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Eh... not sure I'd trust a kit that sells for about the same as some Silverstar halogen bulbs.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:50 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Well I mean, when you're buying an aftermarket kit (i.e. not OEM, retrofitted bulbs.. (h1-7) you're not going to find good quality, and if you do they're rediculously expensive (~$400) -- You spend $50 on this and it craps out you just buy a new set.. depending on how many sets you buy, but I haven't heard a HUGE failure rate or I would have never bought them. -- Only thing that sucks is I cut/spliced my install so it looks OEM. Meaning if the bulb goes out, I have to cut and splice to put a new one it. Ballasts are plug and play though, so they can go out all day long. It's if the bulbs start to blow I'll start to get pissed.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Yeah, I checked out the website. I guess they seem fairly legit, though I'm not really feeling the huge backorder. Having to wait like a month to receive it would be kinda annoying. The other company I've read about was XenonRider, but their kits are like $150-200.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:33 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

When I ordered the first kit, 9006 bulbs 6k, I got it in a week. Then the next set of bulbs, 5k, took about 2 weeks.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:37 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Originally Posted by j4k3
When I ordered the first kit, 9006 bulbs 6k, I got it in a week. Then the next set of bulbs, 5k, took about 2 weeks.
Same for my kit.. took 3 days or so..
Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

I might get 2 of the hi/lo kits since my bike has H4 bulbs that are both on all the time.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

we still kits pretty cheap at work. everyone that has a bike at work is running them with no problems.. i have over 10k miles on my low beam.. i think the kits are 40-60bucks.. w sell xtreme hids kits
Old 06-29-2010, 05:35 PM
#Trendy

Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio

Originally Posted by vangorder
Sooooo went to ride for a few last night. low beam HID wouldn't ignite... period. messed with it for about 20 minutes. Gave up. Was going to ride to work today with just the high beam and work on the lows at work. Low beam came on right away. - I had ridden it home last night, worked fine. Let it sit for about 20mins before said "short ride" and then it didn't -- do HIDs get "heat soaked" (not what it really is, but a loose term to describe it) or anythign of the like? It was still pretty warm out when I got home, plus a hot motor..

If they're going to be this unreliable, I may go back to halogens. While I love the increased visibility at night, it's not worth it.
didnt your low beam go out when we were riding that one night at the light?

Its strange I have DDM Tuning HIDs in my car, and bike and havent ever seen a flickr or a mis-ignite in almost having them a year in the car and a few months on the bike. I recommend them to everyone that wants to buy HIDs and they have faired amazingly well for everyone thus far.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

I believe Andy's light went out
Old 06-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Full Access Member

endemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond repute

some bitch making fun of me. take a look. You probably laugh at it too.

Yes that's me on a duck.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread