Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

My fuel injectors are making a hated noise

Old 09-30-2008, 04:45 PM
vaginadriven.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch
Default My fuel injectors are making a hated noise

Ok... I have never heard fuel injectors do this... but one of mine are making a loud static noise. We thought it was a plug wire arking... but its definitely an injector. My bestest DSM friend (Landry) has been trying to get a good tune on my GST for a while now, and just when he gets it running awesome with no knock... we will go out for another pull and it knocks in a totally different area. About a year ago... the car ran awesome on 23psi on pump gas with no knock... now I can't get over 16 without it knocking. He thinks it may be the injectors... because God knows hes tried everything else. We even switched out the knock sensor... but it made no difference. Anyway... I'll stop rambling... but has anyone else had this problem? Could it be the injectors? Oh and if anyone has got a set of 1000cc injectors for sale... hit me up cuz this sista needs a set. =)
Old 09-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Re: My fuel injectors are making a hated noise

He still tuning with a narrowband? You could easily rule something out in the fuel system if you had a wideband.

Sell ya one, not kidding. PLX
Old 09-30-2008, 05:39 PM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
He still tuning with a narrowband? You could easily rule something out in the fuel system if you had a wideband.

Sell ya one, not kidding. PLX

No... I got a AEM wideband in it now. I guess whats really weird is that the car is never consistant. It will do really good... and then 5 minutes later its totally different. I'm gonna try switching out the injectors and then if that doesn't fix it... its getting meth inj.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by DSMSherie
No... I got a AEM wideband in it now. I guess whats really weird is that the car is never consistant. It will do really good... and then 5 minutes later its totally different. I'm gonna try switching out the injectors and then if that doesn't fix it... its getting meth inj.

Thats a good idea. Cover up a more serious problem with more stress.

Are the a/f curves consistent, or jumping around? What are your ratios like?
Old 09-30-2008, 06:04 PM
vaginadriven.com

Thats a good idea. Cover up a more serious problem with more stress.

Are the a/f curves consistent, or jumping around? What are your ratios like?
HA HA HA!! You sound like Landry. He fusses at me too when I talk about throwing meth on it. Honestly the car is pig rich on the top end right now... just to keep it safe. We are gonna mess with it more this weekend... I'll have to get back to ya on that one because honestly... we only did 2 pulls this weekend and I didn't pay much attention to it. On the last pull the wideband went to 10.3 under a load. Like I said... she is rich.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Automotive Slave

FiascoXL has disabled reputation

injectors can and have been known to cause phantom knock. there's a set of 950's on dsmlink forums for 200. shipped, they been on the car for only 10 days.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Originally Posted by DSMSherie
HA HA HA!! You sound like Landry. He fusses at me too when I talk about throwing meth on it. Honestly the car is pig rich on the top end right now... just to keep it safe. We are gonna mess with it more this weekend... I'll have to get back to ya on that one because honestly... we only did 2 pulls this weekend and I didn't pay much attention to it. On the last pull the wideband went to 10.3 under a load. Like I said... she is rich.

Ask him why we sound the same.

Injectors could be causing knock issues, but the plugs should reveal a problem there. Do keep in mind that too rich can cause knock issues as well. I'd lean it out some.

Loose parts or clutch/tranny issues can show up on stock ecu knock functions as well.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:03 PM
vaginadriven.com

Ask him why we sound the same.

Injectors could be causing knock issues, but the plugs should reveal a problem there. Do keep in mind that too rich can cause knock issues as well. I'd lean it out some.

Loose parts or clutch/tranny issues can show up on stock ecu knock functions as well.

Clutch is new and tranny is still fine... and the plugs are always clean and no deposits. Landry has tried leaning it out... but then it only gets worse. I'm gonna try the injectors first and see what happens. Thanks for your help!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:03 PM
vaginadriven.com

Originally Posted by FiascoXL
injectors can and have been known to cause phantom knock. there's a set of 950's on dsmlink forums for 200. shipped, they been on the car for only 10 days.
SWEEEEEET!!! Thanks!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:24 PM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

sell you mine but they went in the evo

Quick Reply: My fuel injectors are making a hated noise