Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

My fuel injectors are making a hated noise

Old 09-30-2008, 08:06 PM
vaginadriven.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch
Default Re: My fuel injectors are making a hated noise

Originally Posted by brianeclipse98
sell you mine but they went in the evo

Oh its ok... I forgive you this time... just don't let it happen again.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:02 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not throw meth into the equation, you will just be chasing your tail. Meth also will richen you up even more.

I know this sounds weird but didn't all this start happening when you went to the ssautochrome fmic? Ever thought of switching to a precision IC or spearco core to just see if knock is lower.

My 850's were pretty loud as well, but I never had phantom knock issues because of it. I even switched to 3rd gen lifters thinking that was the tapping noise I was hearing but it didn't. Are you using a gmaf? If so you might be experiencing an uncalibrated maf or it's just sensitive to weather fluctuations.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:33 AM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Originally Posted by Spooln4
I would not throw meth into the equation, you will just be chasing your tail. Meth also will richen you up even more.

I know this sounds weird but didn't all this start happening when you went to the ssautochrome fmic? Ever thought of switching to a precision IC or spearco core to just see if knock is lower.

My 850's were pretty loud as well, but I never had phantom knock issues because of it. I even switched to 3rd gen lifters thinking that was the tapping noise I was hearing but it didn't. Are you using a gmaf? If so you might be experiencing an uncalibrated maf or it's just sensitive to weather fluctuations.

Yeah... the car never knocked when I had that crappy little Greddy kit. Landry had mentioned that too about the FMIC. Maybe while I'n injector shopping... I should find a new FMIC too. Did your 850s make a static noise? It seems to be only one of mine making the noise.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:31 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

all the rochester-ish injectors are usually pretty loud. bad injector could cause intermitten single cyl leanness which would cause knock. Or, if you're using a GM MAF, it could be skipping counts. IC seems unlikely but SS autochrome does suck, i'm sure a better one wouldn't hurt. hasn't this been going on for like a year?
Old 10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
vaginadriven.com

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
all the rochester-ish injectors are usually pretty loud. bad injector could cause intermitten single cyl leanness which would cause knock. Or, if you're using a GM MAF, it could be skipping counts. IC seems unlikely but SS autochrome does suck, i'm sure a better one wouldn't hurt. hasn't this been going on for like a year?
Actually not a year... Landry had the car running awesome on 23psi for a while... then I snapped the timing belt. While it was torn down, it got cams, FMIC, Tial BOV, and Fidanza cam gears... thats all that changed. It actually didn't knock at all until the injector started making the noise. There are a few things we are going to try... the motor mounts first, because a couple of mine are broken and then the injectors. I guess if that doesn't fix it, I need to start looking for an FMIC. Its just frustrating because its not consistant and its hard to pinpoint the problem. The car runs great and always has. I never feel or hear anything when it "knocks" which makes me wonder if it truly is knocking or if its phantom knock. I mean if the car was detonating I would think I would hear something of feel a change in how the car is running but I don't. Plus the plugs are always clean... no deposits or anything.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:31 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DSMSherie
Actually not a year... Landry had the car running awesome on 23psi for a while... then I snapped the timing belt. While it was torn down, it got cams, FMIC, Tial BOV, and Fidanza cam gears... thats all that changed. It actually didn't knock at all until the injector started making the noise. There are a few things we are going to try... the motor mounts first, because a couple of mine are broken and then the injectors. I guess if that doesn't fix it, I need to start looking for an FMIC. Its just frustrating because its not consistant and its hard to pinpoint the problem. The car runs great and always has. I never feel or hear anything when it "knocks" which makes me wonder if it truly is knocking or if its phantom knock. I mean if the car was detonating I would think I would hear something of feel a change in how the car is running but I don't. Plus the plugs are always clean... no deposits or anything.
Yeah that's weird. You did touch the timing though, is it possible that the cam gears are adjusted wrong? If it is truly phantom knock, it should stair step down to 0 and go away as that indicates the sensor felt something and it wasn't true. I would try some difference injectors, and possibly try a different dsmlink ecu if possible, couldn't hurt to see if it makes a difference.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:46 AM
R.I.P. America

dub kllr has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DSMSherie
Ok... I have never heard fuel injectors do this... but one of mine are making a loud static noise. We thought it was a plug wire arking... but its definitely an injector. My bestest DSM friend (Landry) has been trying to get a good tune on my GST for a while now, and just when he gets it running awesome with no knock... we will go out for another pull and it knocks in a totally different area. About a year ago... the car ran awesome on 23psi on pump gas with no knock... now I can't get over 16 without it knocking. He thinks it may be the injectors... because God knows hes tried everything else. We even switched out the knock sensor... but it made no difference. Anyway... I'll stop rambling... but has anyone else had this problem? Could it be the injectors? Oh and if anyone has got a set of 1000cc injectors for sale... hit me up cuz this sista needs a set. =)
1000ccs are a lil bit of overkill for the frank 5. i would think they would be in like the 40% duty cycle range with that turbo. did you change it out for something else? does your ECU detect ghost knock?
Old 10-04-2008, 12:58 AM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

I've seen plenty of 16g dsms running 880s at 90% duty cycle or even a few maxing them out.

I guess i either missed something reading over this thread but what all is done to the car? im curious

I do recall seeing you were using AEM as your wideband (uego?) FTL!!, innovative LM1 has been proven to work many many times over FTW!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:27 PM
R.I.P. America

dub kllr has disabled reputation

all depends on the boost you're running for the 1000's. is the motor built sherri?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:33 PM
vaginadriven.com

Originally Posted by dub kllr
all depends on the boost you're running for the 1000's. is the motor built sherri?
Bottom end is still stock... but everything else is pretty much done. I wanna do the 6 bolt swap... but I have the freak motor in that car that will not blow up. LOL! I have a 7 bolt that has NEVER given me a major problem. It runs extremely well so I have been holding out on the swap. Landry messed with the tuning a little more over the weekend and the car is much better. Shes still rich... but hardly any knock at all so I think we are moving in the right direction. We were having a lot of fun until the damn line to the clutch slave cylinder took a shit and I had no clutch at all... but that got fixed last night. Anyhow... I would really like to get a few pulls in on the dyno because street tuning is too risky. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on some dyno time around here?

Last edited by Boosted Bitch; 10-08-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply: My fuel injectors are making a hated noise