Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

State inspection for lowered car?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default State inspection for lowered car?

DELETE

Last edited by xeno; 10-09-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of
Default Re: State inspection for lowered car?

for the most part, i dont think most shops care as long as its not slammed like frame or anything....ive always had lowered cars and never had a problem with it....mine sits very low over ride height, and the inspector failed me due to 1 lug nut missing and a blinker(fixed now though), but never said anything about the height....
Old 09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
RagPhoto.net

99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough

you'll be fine.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Stuff n Stuff

240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee

According to the manual, the car needs to be at a "reasonable height" Also, most inspectors know about coils now, the law states the car cannot have adjustable height while the car is in operation. Coils kinda threw some for a loop, but it's not a big deal anymore.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

...hmm i dunno last year i went to THREE little inspection stations and set everything up and when i walked to the car with the guys they said it woulnt pass being lowered like that... just dont want to go through that bullshit again. Had to get a friend of a friend to pass it... guy is always super busy though.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:42 AM
get bent

neenees will become famous soon enoughneenees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xeno
...hmm i dunno last year i went to THREE little inspection stations and set everything up and when i walked to the car with the guys they said it woulnt pass being lowered like that... just dont want to go through that bullshit again. Had to get a friend of a friend to pass it... guy is always super busy though.

what i did in MD(since up in MD your car has to be STOCK to pass. bastards.) i had my stock suspension on, went and passed my inspection and came back home and put my aftermarket suspension on. but up in MD its one inspection for life.

put your stock struts and springs on then after you pass return to your aftermarket suspension.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

everything else is good and legal all i need is a state inspection and i dont really want to change the springs for this shit....
Old 09-26-2008, 11:26 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

As long as we can get the lift under it, it's fine. If it's too low to lift, you're gonna fail.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

painterballer has disabled reputation

i dont think ride height is part of a state inspection. im slammed, and i went to a couple of places and they said they couldnt do the state inspection because they could fit "there" jack under the car. brady and custom car care has a jack that can fit under lowered cars, not sure how far you are from that shop though
Old 09-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546

Originally Posted by neenees
but up in MD its one inspection for life.
that would be nice..

Quick Reply: State inspection for lowered car?