Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Will this car pass inspection??

Old 07-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ludeluva has disabled reputation
Will this car pass inspection??

Im buying this car on Saturday, I was just curious if it would pass inspection or not. As I know nothing of K swaps nor what specifically they look for when doing the inspection...

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46089

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Team Dickbutt #13!!!

bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613 bryan64613
Default Re: Will this car pass inspection??

Originally Posted by ludeluva
Im buying this car on Saturday, I was just curious if it would pass inspection or not. As I know nothing of K swaps nor what specifically they look for when doing the inspection...

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46089

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Where are u located??? I know the guy selling you the car, he fixed my car a couple of times, he is a cool guy.. If you live in MD I know a place where u can take it...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

I live in Culpeper, VA, zip code 22701.. I cant afford to pay $10,500 for a car that wont pass inspection legally.. I had 2 hatches, 1 with a blown motor that I traded for a fully built hatch that had nothing on it but stolen parts, so Im out 15k as of right now, I cant afford to put money into anything.. Thats why Im asking, people around this forum are a bit more educated and know what will pass and wont, thats why Im asking before he drives all the way to my house Saturday.. His listing says it will pass with "Flying Colors", but I wanted a few opinions to clear my thoughts.... Thanks! Also, how old is he, Im 21, is he younger or older?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 AM
I LOVE HOE'SSSSSSSSS

purpGSR has a reputation beyond reputepurpGSR has a reputation beyond reputepurpGSR has a reputation beyond reputepurpGSR has a reputation beyond reputepurpGSR has a reputation beyond reputepurpGSR has a reputation beyond reputepurpGSR has a reputation beyond reputepurpGSR has a reputation beyond reputepurpGSR has a reputation beyond reputepurpGSR has a reputation beyond repute

lol thats the same guy that they banned here because he thought he had a 7 sec street driven honda
Old 07-24-2008, 07:59 AM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

Originally Posted by ludeluva
I live in Culpeper, VA, zip code 22701.. I cant afford to pay $10,500 for a car that wont pass inspection legally.. I had 2 hatches, 1 with a blown motor that I traded for a fully built hatch that had nothing on it but stolen parts, so Im out 15k as of right now, I cant afford to put money into anything.. Thats why Im asking, people around this forum are a bit more educated and know what will pass and wont, thats why Im asking before he drives all the way to my house Saturday.. His listing says it will pass with "Flying Colors", but I wanted a few opinions to clear my thoughts.... Thanks! Also, how old is he, Im 21, is he younger or older?
instead of driving it to your house, have him drive it to an inspection station...

pass/fail determining your purchase.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by naMfOrelliK
instead of driving it to your house, have him drive it to an inspection station...

That's a perfectly legitimate thing to do if the seller says it will pass.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by naMfOrelliK

I don't understand why that wasn't the first thing thought of?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile

a better question would be, why wouldnt it pass?

Good brakes, tires, functioning lights, horn, wiper...etc. my money says the inspection guy couldnt tell the difference whether the car had a D or a K in it.

That said, my EK-K20 passes inspection... no reason that car wont if everything works
Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

I know that it "should" pass, I was just having you guys who more knowledgable on these particular setups judge it from the parts list, thats basically what I was doing.. And on another note, hes driving to my house, from there were going to an inspection station, if it passes he is leaving with cash in his pocket, if it fails hes got a nice 2 hour ride home, which he shouldnt without cash unless it doesnt pass. He said he gaurenteed me it would pass, but I know MD has to be different on inspections than VA, perhaps not, but @least if it was done here I would know for a fact it would.. So, judging from the list of mods, any reason it shouldnt/wouldnt pass? Or am I going to be a happy EG K Hatch owner ;]
Old 07-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

just make sure YOU pick the inspection station.

Quick Reply: Will this car pass inspection??