Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

The coolest story that never happened

Old 07-15-2008, 05:51 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default The coolest story that never happened

This past Saturday I went down to cruise the beach in the Jeep. The day was awesome. This, however, is my story from the return trip back to VA.

About 5 miles after crossing over the Wright Memorial Bridge, I ran into a problem. My Jeep started stuttering really bad, and was struggling hard to maintain 45 MPH. Anything under full throttle would cause the sputtering to get worse, so I pulled over at the next gas station I found, and pulled up to hood to look for the infection. Found a few lose vacuum lines, plugged them up, and got back on the road. I was good, for oh, about 2 more miles, and then it came back. So once again I pulled over and searched for more problems. I did notice, however, that everytime I would slow down the sputtering would clear up for a short time. So we did this for the next few miles, until eventually we made it to the Grave Diggers shop. Here is where the story gets interesting.

Matt (my friend who attended the run with me) and myself both got out and once again started checking for problems. We had both come to the agreement that it was something in the fuel system that was causing the mishap. Unfortunately, neither of us had tools on us, and the shop had just closed up for the night when we got there.

Now, Matt's father has been a mechanic for a VERY long time, and has helped out MANY MANY people over the years. He's just about everything. So, we decided to give him a call to see if he has any ideas for a remedy. He tells us he believes it is the fuel filter, and tells us to find a place to borrow some tools, and to call him back in 10 minutes, he was going to make some phone calls to some friends down there.

So, we continue on our trek back to Virginia, stopping numerous times with no luck. Each time we would stop, I would tell Matt to call his father back, but he never would, claiming we would jusy fix it ourselves because his father would just offer to bring his trailor down, and he though that would be a waste of gas (so he turned off his phone). Finally, 2-3 hours later, we've managed to find a gas station with the tools nessecary to pull out the fuel filter. We run the truck with no filter, and shabam!, no more sputtering problem, and we continue our trip back.

It's sounds like everything is looking up now, right? Wrong Don't get me wrong, the Jeep ran great all the way back to Virginia and got us home without any more problems.

HOWEVER, as soon as we passed back across the Virginia state line, Matt finally decided to call him dad back, after me telling him to 20 times. But wait, when Matt turns on his phone, he has 3 voice mails.

2 from his father, and 1 from a guy from Paul Cowen (sp?).

So it turns out, Matt's father made a call to an old time friend of his, Paul, to see if he could help us out. Unfortunately, he was at Northeast Dragway, but he offered up another suggestion, and told Matt's father he would call him back. So Paul then gets on the phone and calls a very close friend of his (and also his employer), and arranges for us to take my Jeep to his friends house to fix it.

Apparently Matt's father had made relationships with both of these people over the years, and both highly respect him and owe him many favors. So yeah, we got invited to the guys house for his personal help, and a beer if we so choose.

The sad thing, is we didn't get the call until afterwards. The even worse part of the story, is that the friend that invited us over... was Dennis Anderson. And because Matt wouldn't turn his phone back on, I didn't get to go

I could've been wrenching on my Jeep, and drinking a beer, with Dennis Anderson, in his personal garage with all his personal toys. Do you know how absolutely incredibly awesome that would be? But NO!, I couldn't because my friend is a douschebag

BUT, I can at least say with a fully honest face, that I was personally invited to Dennis Anderson's house. It just could have been SO MUCH cooler if I had actually gotten the invite in time to go.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:10 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: The coolest story that never happened

that sucks ass
Old 07-15-2008, 07:34 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

damn . . ur friend is a douchbag . . . .shoulda made his ass walk home after ya got the messages
Old 07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

he's a fuckin dick not for not accepting the invite but for turning off his phone and ignoring his own dad. what a lil shit.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Dennis is a cool guy from what I've heard.

My buddie hangs out with his sons from time to time and screws around with all their tools.

oh yea, before I forget...Jeeps suck
Old 07-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

I would punch dude right in the face.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:13 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by catfSSh

My buddie hangs out with his sons from time to time and screws around with all their tools.

Yea he is unless you run into his house (by accident) with a truck. LOL Its a long story
Old 07-16-2008, 05:19 AM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

Originally Posted by catfSSh

+1

LAWLZ
Old 07-16-2008, 05:33 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

damn very unfortunate
Old 07-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

LOL. That sucks man.

Quick Reply: The coolest story that never happened