Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Anyone here have a bad experience with Capital One Auto Finance?

Old 04-06-2008, 08:14 AM
VA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd
Default Re: Anyone here have a bad experience with Capital One Auto Finance?

I've used E-loans and have had a good experience. I was going to use Captial One, but E-Loans gave me a lower %.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:29 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Corey
I used to get pre-approval paperwork and emails (I have a Capital One credit card) damn near weekly for vehicle loans. When I finally decided to attempt to use them for a vehicle purchase, I sent in my application online and was denied. Makes no sense since like you, I was in the mid-700 range on my credit reports.

I was pissed about being denied so I turned back to Navy Federal. I was approved for $25k instantly even though I only asked to borrow $20k. The only reason I still even have my Capital One credit card is that the CC department has always treated me well.
Yep! Same here... I *still* get preapproval letters on the regular.

The thing that REALLY pissed me off was the multiple inquiries that hit each bureau. I applied for financing once, and had 2-3 inq's on each report from them doing multiple pulls... and THEN they denied me!

Love my Cap1 cards, but won't use any of their other products.

Credit unions are your best bet 9 times out of 10.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:22 AM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

I hate capitalone. I only have their card still because it's the oldest one i have but never will i use them for anything else.