Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Anyone here have a bad experience with Capital One Auto Finance?

Old 04-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Green With Envy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
da1yohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone here have a bad experience with Capital One Auto Finance?

Okay, so I've already applied and got my blank check in.
I was super excited because I usually get denied for auto loans from banks only because my debt to income was screwed up(1k credit card, and student loans but someone told me student loans really don't matter, so I don't get it...).

Anyways, I was bored last night and stumbled upon eopinions and Capital One Auto Finance had some of the worse reviews I have ever seen. 35/38 people all gave it 1-2 stars out of 5.

So does anyone else have a horror story, or even better a good experience with them?

Oh and if anyone else would have a recommendation on where else to get a pretty easy loan that would be nice :]

Last edited by da1yohan; 04-05-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:56 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Anyone here have a bad experience with Capital One Auto Finance?

Capital One as a whole, pretty good experience... I don't have any personal experience with their auto group, but I'm a moderator on a large credit forum and I've read a lot of bad things about the auto group. I wouldn't know personally because they denied me with a 740+ on all three reports.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:16 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

I don't see what can be bad if you pay on time. I have them, i was late once, they called, i told them i already mailed the check, and they didnt charge me. seems pretty good to me. I have a good interest rate as well.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:19 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Rprsntng757
I don't see what can be bad if you pay on time. I have them, i was late once, they called, i told them i already mailed the check, and they didnt charge me. seems pretty good to me. I have a good interest rate as well.
There are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes that are "bad"
Old 04-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by Rprsntng757
Wait until you try to pay it off.

About ten years ago I refinanced a vehicle through them. They were just getting into the auto loans so I got a real good rate...better than the credit union I was using. I didn't have any problems until I made the final payment. It took them a year to get the title to me and kept trying to get me to pay some additional fees...somehow they said I paid the loan off early by making the regular payments. I got an attorney involved and they settled out of court for the attorney's fees.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Green With Envy

da1yohan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah from what I hear its not about people paying on time.
Its just the sneaky things they do.

The ones I saw that I'm worried about is they say they never received a payment from me, they sometimes might forget to debit your account if you have it on auto pay, and someone also said that when he was paying more than the minimum they didn't take it out from the principal but took it from the future payment so he ended up with no bill for 5 months. The biggest thing I've read about is the closing part of the loan, they don't like to give you the title and play circle jerk with you.
Heres some of the reviews I read if anyone wants to see
http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Capi...ist/pp_~1#list
There was 3 good reviews, but they seem bogus.

I'm pretty much wondering if theres some people out there that had a good experience.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:17 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

I've had a loan with them for 2 years now and never had any problems with them. They do apply any over payment to the next payment which is pretty stupid but that's how they do it. I have not tried to pay it off yet so we will see how that goes.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:03 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

Id just go through a credit union, no b/s everything is upfront, at LFCU ive had many loans, you can pay early, no fee's etc.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Prepare for credit card like interest in the upper teens. I would go through a credit union. I used them on my first car a Sentra. My Mustang I financed with Ford Motor Credit and my GTO and Silverado through GMAC. GMAC doesn't have bad interest rates and will finance just about anybody. When I bought my F-150 the finance guy suggested using LFCU because I could get 5% interest. They opened an account for me and I've transferred everything from Suntrust to them and would never look back.

Go with a credit union. You can't go wrong.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I wouldn't know personally because they denied me with a 740+ on all three reports.
I used to get pre-approval paperwork and emails (I have a Capital One credit card) damn near weekly for vehicle loans. When I finally decided to attempt to use them for a vehicle purchase, I sent in my application online and was denied. Makes no sense since like you, I was in the mid-700 range on my credit reports.

I was pissed about being denied so I turned back to Navy Federal. I was approved for $25k instantly even though I only asked to borrow $20k. The only reason I still even have my Capital One credit card is that the CC department has always treated me well.

Quick Reply: Anyone here have a bad experience with Capital One Auto Finance?