Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Speeding Ticket help please

Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dboy4real has disabled reputation
Default Speeding Ticket help please

Hey tonight bout like 20 minutes ago i got pulled over on the highway down at the beach... the cop says i was doing 86 in a 55 yet i dont believe he is correct like we all do but then i just want to know with the new laws like what am i looking at fine wise and fees and shyt..... im 18 its my first offense.... and i have a florida license with virginia tags......
Old 08-20-2007, 09:14 PM
butter head

hnda klr has disabled reputation
Default Re: Speeding Ticket help please

slow your role next time. expect to pay thousands. take advantage of the installments option and short grace period. next road construction i see it will remind me of you payin the fine, cuz in this state, nothing gets past state troopers in court.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

get a lawyer dont try to beat that shit yourself.
i had a 114/55....you need a lawyer.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:42 PM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by dboy4real
Hey tonight bout like 20 minutes ago i got pulled over on the highway down at the beach... the cop says i was doing 86 in a 55 yet i dont believe he is correct like we all do but then i just want to know with the new laws like what am i looking at fine wise and fees and shyt..... im 18 its my first offense.... and i have a florida license with virginia tags......
Slow the fuck down?

Your car has a gas pedal, when pressure is applied it directly effects your speedometer. If the speed limit is 55, apply just enough pressure to bring the speedometer needle up to the 55. When the needle reaches the 55, stop applying pressure.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

lol at yalls slow ass speed limits
Old 08-20-2007, 11:36 PM
WS6
www.autocross.us

WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bend over and grab your ankles.
Shouldn't be too bad, less than $1500 with a lawyer.

you can try what my friend did for his 100 in a 55 ticket a few years ago.
Get Pete Decker, have your speedo show a lower speed than actual (f-body cars are easy to modify, just change the gear ratio in the computer), take it to a speedo shop and have it tested, get receipt, fix speedo, go back to speedo shop and get new receipt showing the problem is fixed, go to court with lawyer and speedo paper work and hopefully leave with a $46 improper equipment ticket and no points.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:46 AM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by WS6
Bend over and grab your ankles.
Shouldn't be too bad, less than $1500 with a lawyer.

you can try what my friend did for his 100 in a 55 ticket a few years ago.
Get Pete Decker, have your speedo show a lower speed than actual (f-body cars are easy to modify, just change the gear ratio in the computer), take it to a speedo shop and have it tested, get receipt, fix speedo, go back to speedo shop and get new receipt showing the problem is fixed, go to court with lawyer and speedo paper work and hopefully leave with a $46 improper equipment ticket and no points.
I think he'll be paying more than $1500 for such a high speed. I think it's around $1000 dollar fine just from DMV, on top of what the judge is going to issue, and then with however much the lawyer costs. I could be wrong though, can't remember exactly how much it is for a reckless driving.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:45 AM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

He has a Florida license. He will not get the new fees. More than likely he will get a reckless ticket and get a $350.00 fine and court fees. Less than $500 total. Plus your insurance will double.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:57 AM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by Paul
He has a Florida license. He will not get the new fees. More than likely he will get a reckless ticket and get a $350.00 fine and court fees. Less than $500 total. Plus your insurance will double.
That's right, I forgot about that.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:03 AM
Gettin it!!!

2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya

I would hang on to that florida license if i were you its gonna save you a grand. Lucky you.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket help please