Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Pulled for exhaust and expired inspection, questions.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pulled for exhaust and expired inspection, questions.

Okay here is the situation.. There is a K9 police officer who doesn't like my brother and as we were pulling in the neighborhood we see him sitting in the neighborhood with his lights off so we are aware he is waiting for someone, taking radar, something... Well, word itz chris(Conley) and I walk down the street and talk to the officer since he doesn't know us. I ask him what he is doing and he replies "I'm waiting for someone."

Afterwards, Conley and I walk back to my house and SI-vs-50 (Jeff - driver who is test driving the car) get in my brother's car and Jeff is going through the neighborhood, 5th gear, 20mph, well under 1200 rpm's I believe. The car has a Apexi World Sport 2 (one of the quietest exhausts you can get) and when we go by the cop he turns on his lights and pulls us down the road. He gives Jeff tickets for expired inspection and excessive noise.

Now, the questions are.. are you allowed to give someone test driving a car tickets even if they are just test driving it and are not the owner? Especially an exhaust ticket since that means the person driving it has to modify the car back to stock and its not even his/her car!

The other question is.. Is a police officer allowed to sit there and wait for a certain person to give them a ticket? I mean, is this what America is about? I mean it may sound corny but think about it. The judicial system is supposed to be about equality and fairness, not picking on select citizens. I feel that since we went down and talked to him before the tickets were given and he says "I'm waiting for someone." means that he was DEFINITELY waiting for my brother for whatever reasons. I feel this is wrong and I was wondering what's the legality of something like this?

I mean, isn't waiting for someone because of whatever reason the same as waiting for someone because of their race, ethnicity, etc?

Cliff notes..
1) We see K9 cop who doesn't like my brother in my neighborhood
2) Word_itz_chris and I go and talk to him and police officer says he is "Waiting for someone"
3) Jeff test drives my brother's car and gets pulled
4) Jeff gets tickets for excessive noise and expired inspection

++the K9 cop has been riding past my house for like the past week.

Last edited by KyleVA; 04-22-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX
Default Re: Pulled for exhaust and expired inspection, questions.

whoever was driving the car at the time of the infraction gets the shaft.

and i do believe a police officer is alowed to sit and wait for a "certain person", that "person" being an individual who is breaking the law(whether or not you agree with the law is a different story).
Old 04-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

jdawgs92ludesi has disabled reputation

as for your friend getting a ticket test driving a vehical he is screwed unless you can prove he was test driving it thinkin about buying it...that one might be fightable....as for a cop sitting and waitin for someone if he does it enough just call his superior and tell them about the harassment...also bring it up in court if he has busted you numerous times....there is a limit to what a cop can do and yes they do get in trouble for harassment...i have seen it done before nothing new...good luck with it all
Old 04-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NEO_WRX
whoever was driving the car at the time of the infraction gets the shaft.

and i do believe a police officer is alowed to sit and wait for a "certain person", that "person" being an individual who is breaking the law(whether or not you agree with the law is a different story).
Yeah I understand what your saying.. But don't cops have to go in front of a judge for something like that, I mean I have no clue I just made that assumption that before cops go on a 'stake out' or something like that they need some kind of permission from a judge.

I just feel its wrong to wait for someone to drive by so you can pull them for things you noticed.. Oh and 2 other people that were at my house tonight.. one got pulled by him, and one got followed around. He loves picking on us I guess?

++We don't drive like idiots so don't bring that s*** up.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jdawgs92ludesi
as for your friend getting a ticket test driving a vehical he is screwed unless you can prove he was test driving it thinkin about buying it...that one might be fightable....as for a cop sitting and waitin for someone if he does it enough just call his superior and tell them about the harassment...also bring it up in court if he has busted you numerous times....there is a limit to what a cop can do and yes they do get in trouble for harassment...i have seen it done before nothing new...good luck with it all
Well, the cop pulled him over and knew it wasn't the driver's car. And Jeff(the driver) said he was test driving it.

Either way it should be thrown out.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

I'm really starting to fucking hate police.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Hereeeeesss Beezyy!

word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris

It was really BS.

We were doing nothing wrong, and he just had it out for the car and/or whoever was driving it.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by word itz chris
It was really BS.

We were doing nothing wrong, and he just had it out for the car and/or whoever was driving it.
lol yeah. We can honestly say..

I got pulled for driving a Honda.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:26 AM
Sup, ladies?

Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar

The first and only time I've ever been pulled over was when I drove my brother's car ('93 Integra) which had a fart can on it. I told the cop it wasn't my car and then he comes back with a ticket for improper exhaust. I just made my brother pay that shit and forget about it.

As for the cop waiting for an individual, that's fucking BS. Take that shit to court.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Hereeeeesss Beezyy!

word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris

Originally Posted by Lester
As for the cop waiting for an individual, that's fucking BS. Take that shit to court.
Oh dont worry, we are. lol.

Quick Reply: Pulled for exhaust and expired inspection, questions.