Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Lynnhaven Mall - Aladdin's Castle

Old 01-30-2006, 09:22 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband
Unhappy Lynnhaven Mall - Aladdin's Castle

I know that most of you guys around here are a little older and probably don't frequent the arcade as much as you used to, but there's some very bad news ...

I was in Lynnhaven this Saturday, on a rumor that Aladdin's Castle was closing, so I wanted to check it out. Well, I went up there in the afternoon and visited. Half the games had already been moved out and they only basically had the bigger games left, like DDR, Initial D, Maximum Tune, etc.

I asked one of the guys that worked there if they were really closing or if it was just temporary for remodeling and cleaning or whatnot. Nope. They closed as of Saturday night. They're gone. They closed up because some fancy ass resturant wants to open up in that spot now. Also, the pizza place, Luca's, is closing up the end of the day today so that the new resturant can have it's spot.

It's a damned shame that this landmark, this icon, is finally closing. I never thought I'd actually see the day that it'd be gone. There's now going to be a big hole at Lynnhaven and in my heart.

RIP Aladdin's Castle.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default Re: Lynnhaven Mall - Aladdin's Castle

That sux...I was new here and had discovered the intial d game. Im upset, now I will have to find another place that has it.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:32 AM
where ma ribbons at?

edtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these parts

i think that a big portion of lynnhavens customers.....i got to get me a jelly ball t-shirt!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

just a bunch of little kids chillen up there. darn they have to go home now.

Sucks for Lucas Pizza though, I love that place cant beat that 3.99 for two slices, Fuck Sabaros.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

Originally Posted by WillSol
That sux...I was new here and had discovered the intial d game. Im upset, now I will have to find another place that has it.
It's located in Greenbrier Mall's Namco arcade.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Hammerhead Hammerhead Hammerhead Hammerhead Hammerhead Hammerhead

Dammit! Now what am I going to do with all these damn tokens?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:24 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

They're still good at the arcade in Greenbrier, as it's a Namco property.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

I'm actually really surprised. I thought they were making a killing off of all the Initial D games (and that highway racer thing), and the DDR (and alike) frenzy. And who puts a fancy restaurant in Lynnhaven mall? This isn't MacArthur.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Hammerhead Hammerhead Hammerhead Hammerhead Hammerhead Hammerhead

Originally Posted by Tom
I'm actually really surprised. I thought they were making a killing off of all the Initial D games (and that highway racer thing), and the DDR (and alike) frenzy. And who puts a fancy restaurant in Lynnhaven mall? This isn't MacArthur.
Actually, as far as food court restaurants go, MacArthur's food court is ghetto compared to Lynnhaven's.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:30 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

Originally Posted by Tom
Yeah. I was absolutely stunned when a friend told me Friday night they were closing, for good. They've been there 20+ years, that I can remember. I've been to many birthday parties and stuff over the years. Hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars wasted in that place. A big chunk of me left when the closed.

I don't know what the resturant is going to be. I thikn they're trying to compete against MacArthur and now Pembroke since they're "downtown".

Quick Reply: Lynnhaven Mall - Aladdin's Castle