Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

what would i need to swap b18 into 97 civic coupe?

Old 03-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b182boost has disabled reputation
Default what would i need to swap b18 into 97 civic coupe?

what would i need to swap b18a into 97 civic coupe? i have a 97 coupe n i need 2 know what i'll have to buy to do the swap?i have the whole running teg,so do i just need motor mount brackets?thanks 4 all input
Old 03-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Registered member

emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1
Default Re: what would i need to swap b18 into 97 civic coupe?

b series axles
mounts
ls ecu
shift linkage
maybe a wiring harness conversion depending on what year the teg is
Old 03-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

There is this amazing thing called Google.... and then again there is a search button on this very page you are looking at.... CRAZY right???

Please dont say you tried searching either.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Registered member

emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1

^this guy helped me when i asked this question like 2 weeks ago??
but hes right
Old 03-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emgjsdk1
^this guy helped me when i asked this question like 2 weeks ago??
but hes right
Thats why I said it because its already been answered... and not to long ago
Old 03-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Registered Member

radiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond repute

to swap a B in a ek u use all your factory D mounts , except you use the 99-00 B16 T bracket , and the cast iron 2 prong bracket that bolts to the block on the timing belt side off the 99-00 SI , then u need b axles and intermediate shaft , 94-00 integra shift linkage or 99-00 SI shift linkage use the wire harness from your single cam and then either use a obd2a ls ecu or get a obd2a to obd1 jumper harness and use a obd1 ls ecu or chipped ecu your choice .

Last edited by radiaki11; 03-30-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
World War Me

SERSpecV has disabled reputation

Try Searching dude.... as stated above
Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Registered Member

radiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SERSpecV
Try Searching dude.... as stated above

why doe he need to search when i just layed the whole swap out for him in the post above
Old 03-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

b182boost has disabled reputation

see the thing is i bought a shell w/out a motor. the mount brackets are gone,as is the wiring harness and ecu.( i doubt that my questions were already answered here, and i do know how to research,but google don't answer questions,it gives you related articles to read) What i need to know is if i can use the harness and ecu from the 91 teg and run them as best i can? And all the motor mount brackets i've seen(at junkyard) are welded to the frame,where as on my shell they looked like they were bolted down(no weld marks or grind marks) so im trying to figure out what i can use off my car to make this work,and what i'll have to buy. i really appreciate all the POSITIVE info,all other comments can be sent back to the peanut gallery.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You would arguably be better off getting a later generation (1992+) B18 instead of the earlier model that you have. A later model engine will be almost plug and play in your car, just using the Integra parts of the same or similar generation to your Civic.

My whole point is that by the time you will get all of the swap parts that you'll need to put that engine in your car, you might as well get a newer version of the same engine and have a much easier, faster, cleaner, newer, better install. Then if you want to get tuned at some point, you can just get an adapter harness and a different (OBD1) ECU and you're all set.

The older engine, even though it's already cheap/free, is going to be a lot more of a pain in the ass and will require a lot more small odds and ends to get everything going properly.
Also, if the engine is that old (1991?) you should look into a rebuild or at least replace some of the easy stuff like timing belt, water pump, head gasket, valve cover seals, etc. at the bare minimum.

Oh, you'll to figure out which way you want to go for the transmission also; you'll either need to get a hydro conversion kit for the tranny or convert the pedals to a cable setup. Or you could get a newer transmission...

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-30-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Quick Reply: what would i need to swap b18 into 97 civic coupe?