VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Will my car pass NC or VA state inspection w/o an air bag? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/will-my-car-pass-nc-va-state-inspection-w-o-air-bag-88997/)

Cobra4B 03-31-2005 08:20 PM

Will my car pass NC or VA state inspection w/o an air bag?

Just curious b/c I want a new racing steering wheel...
http://www.sparcousa.com/prdImg/449.jpg

nosman757 03-31-2005 08:50 PM

Re: Will my car pass NC or VA state inspection w/o an air bag?

nope, my dad is a state inspector and I remember me wanting to do the same thing! Nice steering wheel thought

Cobra4B 03-31-2005 09:06 PM

Fark.... I need one... I'm 6'4" and it'd be really helpful to have a smaller wheel, not to mention the car would feel better.

DORKO 03-31-2005 11:58 PM

just get a new inspection, then go home put the new steering wheel on, then right b4 the next inspection date put the stock one back on with the airbag... there ya go

00CivicGirl 04-01-2005 08:35 AM

the only thing is the srs light..if you take it out it will fail, if it stays on it fails.

Brock Obama 04-01-2005 08:48 AM

are you on a mission to see how ugly you can make your car Brian?

Cobra4B 04-01-2005 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by XCELR8
are you on a mission to see how ugly you can make your car Brian?

Please stop speaking... I thought a trip to VIR would enlighten you to the world of a real sports car... a smaller diameter wheel will allow me to have a better range of motion when in the car and not hit my legs on harder turns, also the car will feel tighter and the handling will be more responsive.

Brock Obama 04-01-2005 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Please stop speaking... I thought a trip to VIR would enlighten you to the world of a real sports car... a smaller diameter wheel will allow me to have a better range of motion when in the car and not hit my legs on harder turns, also the car will feel tighter and the handling will be more responsive.

I understand the reasoning very well thank you, regardless of a trip to VIR or not, however it's still the ugliest thing I've ever seen. My $0.02. :rolleyes:

SpeedJunkie 04-01-2005 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I understand the reasoning very well thank you, regardless of a trip to VIR or not, however it's still the ugliest thing I've ever seen. My $0.02. :rolleyes:

How can you say that, were the lights off and you tore up on a fifth of southern comfort when you banged SpeedyChic?

Brock Obama 04-01-2005 09:07 AM

/\ this shit is so fucking old its pathetic.

Its an ugly ass fucking steering wheel. My opinion! I wouldn't put something on my car that improved the function of it if it looked like a sack of smashed ass holes.

SpeedJunkie 04-01-2005 09:08 AM

Suck the horses cock Brock.

Brock Obama 04-01-2005 09:09 AM

:fu:

FlipLegend 04-01-2005 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by dorko
just get a new inspection, then go home put the new steering wheel on, then right b4 the next inspection date put the stock one back on with the airbag... there ya go

Yup....and as for the srs light, a wiring diagram of your cluster and a pair of scissors should do that trick.

subaruboy 04-01-2005 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by FlipLegend
Yup....and as for the srs light, a wiring diagram of your cluster and a pair of scissors should do that trick.

yeah except that when you first turn the ignition the srs light is supposed to flash a certain number of time to signal that it's working properly... if the inspector is paying the slightest bit of attention they'll know that it was cut when it doesn't come on at all

z31kid 04-01-2005 03:13 PM

i dont even have an air bag in my car so u might be able to pass