VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   NOVA/DC/MD (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/)
-   -   Fairfax County Reckless Driving Ticket (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/fairfax-county-reckless-driving-ticket-264082/)

TAK82 11-20-2008 04:13 PM

Re: Fairfax County Reckless Driving Ticket

i went to court with a reckless of 92 in a 55, i took a driving school, got my 5 merit points and got my speedo calibrated,

i faced the judge and proceeded without an attorney and signed the waiver,
he look at my record and said i had a possible jail time, and asked if i wanted to continue, i did, he commended my good driving record, and nodded when i said i got my speedo calibrated, was off by 2 mph,
b

he said because of my record, he let me go but not without a fine of $500..i was relieved, and gladly paid the fine..
he said if i ever get another reckless, he wouldn't hesitate to have me incarcerated.."means go to jail for dummies"

BigandSlow 11-20-2008 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by b18redline (Post 4724427)
i got the ticket on 66...but at 3am in the morning on a fri nite

How did I know it was 66?

Anyway at night, especially in Fairfax county, they're gonna look for any excuse to pull you over. To make sure you're not drunk, try and search the car for drugs etc.

Should get a lawyer if you want a lesser charge.

b18redline 11-20-2008 07:27 PM

yeah what really sux is having a reckless on your driving record. many employers do extensive background investigations and if this is found, they may not hire you. I do not know how this would affect someone attempting to get a clearance. Its amazing to me that VA will slap you with a Class 1 Midemeanor for just going 20 miles over the speed limit. Many times that is the average speed of traffic.

Way2Slo 11-20-2008 09:11 PM

I got a reckless when I was 15 the night my bro turned 18 and I had my permit. In the middle of GB I decided to burn down the tires at a intersection at 12:00 at night and I didnt see the cop in the bank drive through and got it reduced to improper since there was n o1 around me LoL

gtistile 11-21-2008 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by b18redline (Post 4725545)
yeah what really sux is having a reckless on your driving record. many employers do extensive background investigations and if this is found, they may not hire you. I do not know how this would affect someone attempting to get a clearance. Its amazing to me that VA will slap you with a Class 1 Midemeanor for just going 20 miles over the speed limit. Many times that is the average speed of traffic.

kinda curious if anyone has experience in the hiring process and not getting a job due to something like this... I've got 2 reckless on my record, one when i was 16 or 17, and then one about 2.5 years ago...I always hear people talking about it, but try to rationalize to myself that "it's not that big of a deal" since your driving record really doesnt affect your ability to perform a job (unless your job requires driving that is)...I could also see how they would choose someone equally qualified WITHOUT the garbage on their record however, which blows... won't be long before im looking for a REAL job... anyone have experience with this???

nongthep 11-21-2008 02:28 PM

over 90mph every single miles = 1 day in jail + 90mph Penalty + fine + suspend license 3-6 months
Last 8 years i spent 2days in jail + 500$ + 9 months suspend license + Jails fees + 11 points.

115 on 55 fairfax county

Projekt_Accent 11-22-2008 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by BigandSlow (Post 4724962)
How did I know it was 66?

Anyway at night, especially in Fairfax county, they're gonna look for any excuse to pull you over. To make sure you're not drunk, try and search the car for drugs etc.

Should get a lawyer if you want a lesser charge.

yeah if u barely pass the yellow line they'll pull u over on suspicion of drunk driving and search u, etc. its bullshit.

ForcedFedTeg 11-22-2008 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by gtistile (Post 4726965)
kinda curious if anyone has experience in the hiring process and not getting a job due to something like this... I've got 2 reckless on my record, one when i was 16 or 17, and then one about 2.5 years ago...I always hear people talking about it, but try to rationalize to myself that "it's not that big of a deal" since your driving record really doesnt affect your ability to perform a job (unless your job requires driving that is)...I could also see how they would choose someone equally qualified WITHOUT the garbage on their record however, which blows... won't be long before im looking for a REAL job... anyone have experience with this???

where the hell have you been?

gtistile 11-24-2008 03:36 PM

/\ chillin son, coming back up to nova tommorow night, we need to get up

ForcedFedTeg 11-25-2008 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by gtistile (Post 4736424)
/\ chillin son, coming back up to nova tommorow night, we need to get up

holla at a nikka

IEAT50S 11-26-2008 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by gtistile (Post 4726965)

I've never had a problem getting a job and I work in the IT field. Just make sure you tell them about it and don't just let them find it. It also will not affect your ability to get a clearance either, just as I said before make sure you tell them about it. Honesty is the best policy.

i've got 2 reckless tickets and 2 racing tickets, none of them have affected me getting a professional job.

gtistile 11-26-2008 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by IEAT50S (Post 4741911)
I've never had a problem getting a job and I work in the IT field. Just make sure you tell them about it and don't just let them find it. It also will not affect your ability to get a clearance either, just as I said before make sure you tell them about it. Honesty is the best policy.

i've got 2 reckless tickets and 2 racing tickets, none of them have affected me getting a professional job.

Good advice man, good to hear from someone with real experience with this (and i know you have it ;) ) good lookin out :thup:

nsnz33 12-04-2008 11:42 AM

you should've got a GOOD attorney,

I've had 2, I repeat TWO reckless driving tickets, BOTH of which were reduced to improper driving which is not a class 1 misdeamenor, the attorney might be a couple grand but think about it, this will be on your record for ELEVEN years and a lot of places do full background checks and if this crap pops up, they may not and most probably won't hire you. I know it's ridiculous, but hey, this is VA.

thecamarokid 12-04-2008 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by nongthep (Post 4728140)
over 90mph every single miles = 1 day in jail + 90mph Penalty + fine + suspend license 3-6 months

That's not law though. They can put you in jail for up to a year if they really wanted to for reckless (I doubt they would put anyone in jail for that long for reckless driving though). So if you do get pulled over for going like 88mph don't assume that you won't spend any time in jail.

nongthep 12-04-2008 09:42 PM

that is what i got from last time but you will need attorney for reduce the panalty.