VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Virginia Front Licence Plate Law Revision Continued to 2013 for Vote (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/virginia-front-licence-plate-law-revision-continued-2013-vote-460127/)

DaveVa 12-20-2012 08:07 AM

Virginia Front Licence Plate Law Revision Continued to 2013 for Vote

There is an opportunity to change the law requiring front license plates in Virginia! Senate Bill 27 was continued to 2013 for review in the Transportation Comittee.

SB27 is an active motion in Virginia to remove the front license plate requirement for all non-comercial vehicles. It was continued into 2013 pending investigation by the Transportation Committee into potential objections from law enforcement and/or VDOT. If you live in Virginia and want your car to look its best, please write your state legislators in support of the measure (especially if they are on the transportation committee). You can find out who your representatives are at the following web address:

http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/VGAMain?openform

The bill and its history can be seen at the following web address:

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...e?121+ful+SB27

In my opinion high performance cars (and other cars for that matter) look much better without a front license plate. Especially when the manufacture never intended for the design lines to be broken with a big square plackard. It also saves VA taxpayers $2.3 Million per year to not have to produce tags and stickers for the front of the vehicles!

Feel free to repost to other EV and/or automotive enthusist boards...

Computer_Nerd 12-20-2012 08:35 AM

Re: Virginia Front Licence Plate Law Revision Continued to 2013 for Vote

this crap comes up every year. never goes anywhere. get over it.

valdaviper1 12-20-2012 08:37 AM

Honestly, any vehicle looks better without a front license plate. But yeah, hope this passes.

DaveVa 12-20-2012 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Computer_Nerd (Post 8022400)
this crap comes up every year. never goes anywhere. get over it.

I think you would be surprised how much attention district level legislators pay to correspondance. If you take 10 minutes to email them - It might actually get passed.

Each person who emails/writes represents 100s that don't bother. If many people that read this thread actually email thier representatives, it will get out of comittee and to a vote.

Lord Humongous 12-20-2012 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by DaveVa (Post 8022424)
I think you would be surprised how much attention district level legislators pay to correspondance. If you take 10 minutes to email them - It might actually get passed.

Each person who emails/writes represents 100s that don't bother. If many people that read this thread actually email thier representatives, it will get out of comittee and to a vote.

Dave,

you have 2 posts, so here's some fucking advice.

STFU.

Every year someone posts a petition to do this or write letters and every year it fails

Stop worrying about your fucking front plate and get to hidin' yer guns

marlinspike 12-20-2012 09:55 AM

I don't know why you guys are giving him so much crap for this. From what I've heard from people who worked for state delegates, if everybody on this forum with more than 100 posts wrote a letter, it would probably get passed.

Lord Humongous 12-20-2012 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by marlinspike (Post 8022455)
I don't know why you guys are giving him so much crap for this. From what I've heard from people who worked for state delegates, if everybody on this forum with more than 100 posts wrote a letter, it would probably get passed.

I'm sorry. I'd have to give a shit about a front plate.

screamneagle 12-20-2012 10:45 AM

It also saves VA taxpayers $2.3 Million per year to not have to produce tags and stickers for the front of the vehicles!

Do you actually think Va wants to save taxpayers money? I look at as 2.3 million dollars that the state wont be getting, I know that shit is not gonna fly.

Fabrik8 12-20-2012 11:06 AM

This is very noble and everything, but if you take your motivation to write a letter to the state legislature and use it for an important cause instead......

jaqattack02 12-20-2012 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by screamneagle (Post 8022500)
It also saves VA taxpayers $2.3 Million per year to not have to produce tags and stickers for the front of the vehicles!

Do you actually think Va wants to save taxpayers money? I look at as 2.3 million dollars that the state wont be getting, I know that shit is not gonna fly.

Wow, that comment makes no sense to me. What do you think, the state makes a profit on purchasing tags and stickers? We'll still be paying the same amount for registration, we will just get one less plate and sticker set. If anything, the state will end up with more money left over from our registration fees for other things.

Computer_Nerd 12-20-2012 11:28 AM

The purpose for the front tag is identification. See no problem with it. Sure, there's one on the back, but why not keep the one on the front, too?

Oh, and I have helped get MANY bills passed in the Va State legislature. Even helped revise a few.

jaqattack02 12-20-2012 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Computer_Nerd (Post 8022545)
The purpose for the front tag is identification. See no problem with it. Sure, there's one on the back, but why not keep the one on the front, too?

Oh, and I have helped get MANY bills passed in the Va State legislature. Even helped revise a few.

From what I heard the front is less for ID in recent years and more for a flat surface for the police to point the laser based speed guns at. Newer cars are so curvy on the front it was hard to get a good reading.

Computer_Nerd 12-20-2012 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by jaqattack02 (Post 8022547)
From what I heard the front is less for ID in recent years and more for a flat surface for the police to point the laser based speed guns at. Newer cars are so curvy on the front it was hard to get a good reading.

You must be listening to your Rice Krispies again...

SMOKEYBEAR 12-20-2012 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by jaqattack02 (Post 8022547)

No.

ufctapout 12-20-2012 01:09 PM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...rrelephant.jpg