VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   where to buy fireworks in nc. and how to get there (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/where-buy-fireworks-nc-how-get-there-298549/)

EddieBell 06-27-2009 05:35 AM

where to buy fireworks in nc. and how to get there

Did a search and couldnt find the exact info i wanted. Where in nc can I buy firework coming from va beach? i heard someone say take elbow road then make random turns but the guy you told me didnt remember the exact directions. and anyone know the names of specific places that have good deals. much thanks.:D

boyband 06-27-2009 05:36 AM

Re: where to buy fireworks in nc. and how to get there

Woody's Rockets on your way to OBX.

EddieBell 06-27-2009 05:47 AM

never even been to obx. how i get there?

boyband 06-27-2009 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by EddieBell (Post 5400623)
never even been to obx. how i get there?

You go south.

264 to 64 to 168. Make sure to take the bypass around 168, or pay the toll. And then just stay on 168. It's about an hour 15 away from here.

EddieBell 06-27-2009 05:54 AM

anything closer? my buddy mentioned some bare bones road with a sonic on it and fireworks shops. is that near this?

boyband 06-27-2009 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by EddieBell (Post 5400633)
anything closer? my buddy mentioned some bare bones road with a sonic on it and fireworks shops. is that near this?

If you want good fireworks, you go to Woody's Rockets. Fireworks are illegal to purchase in VA otherwise. So, just suck it up and go.

Bumper Caddy 06-27-2009 06:06 AM

pretty sure if you take salem to north landing(right on nl) and just go down north landing for a long time youl run into nc. a place called the border station. i think. might be more turns but that general direction.

EddieBell 06-27-2009 06:09 AM

oh im going to the place you mentioned today just wondering of the closest place to here with simple fireworks that i can go to quickest for last minute if the wife wants some

no_rice_gst 06-27-2009 06:14 AM

Border Station and Southland both sell them and they're both at the border. Just use boyband's directions. It's about 30-45 minutes to the border depending on where in Va Beach you are.

kevsz32 06-27-2009 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by boyband (Post 5400635)
If you want good fireworks, you go to Woody's Rockets. Fireworks are illegal to purchase in VA otherwise. So, just suck it up and go.

since when? up in NoVa they sell firewaorks in every corner...you sure its just not your county that doesn't allow the purchase or vending of them?

japslapr 06-27-2009 06:44 AM

They don't even sell sparklers here nevermind anything that cracks or explodes. They even make M80's anymore? How do kids have fun these days...

ShawnD 06-27-2009 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by kevsz32 (Post 5400673)
since when? up in NoVa they sell firewaorks in every corner...you sure its just not your county that doesn't allow the purchase or vending of them?

Crack is illegal but they sell it on every corner.

kevsz32 06-27-2009 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by ShawnD (Post 5400779)
Crack is illegal but they sell it on every corner.

lol..yeah but they don't advertise "buy 1 rock and get 2 rocks free!". fireworks are perfectly legal in NoVa.

FS FTW 06-27-2009 08:20 AM

You're not gonna get shit in NC either unless someone has special goods in the back (Which I've heard Woody's might)..at least not anywhere near the OBX. Most fireworks are illegal except for the stupid kiddy shit. We normally go to South of the Border.

nftuatn 06-27-2009 08:37 AM

the shit they sell in nova is garbage...i think they are class a fireworks...nothing major..

go to south of the border...i spent likw 1000 bucks last year and had nearly a pick up truck load...i still have like 50 things left