VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   HOW TO REMOVE VHT NITE-SHADES TRANSLUCENT BLACK LENS PAINT OFF BUMPER AND TAIL LIGHTS (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/how-remove-vht-nite-shades-translucent-black-lens-paint-off-bumper-tail-lights-309115/)

jonathanhadjis 09-06-2009 01:18 PM

CLOSE

CLOSE

Victum 09-06-2009 01:20 PM

Re: HOW TO REMOVE VHT NITE-SHADES TRANSLUCENT BLACK LENS PAINT OFF BUMPER AND TAIL LI

wetsand ?

elements757 09-06-2009 01:35 PM

Re: HOW TO REMOVE VHT NITE-SHADES TRANSLUCENT BLACK LENS PAINT OFF BUMPER AND TAIL LI

this is gonna end badly.... wetsand if you have the balls.... cause if you mess up its wraps (for the bumper)...

and next time take the lights out...

jonathanhadjis 09-06-2009 01:42 PM

Thanks. Are there any other ways? and for the tail lights?

nftuatn 09-06-2009 01:48 PM

you could try a little bit of reducer or thinner...a LITTLE bit on a rag...test a spot somewhere not noticeable first to see if it reacts...

dont let it sit on anything...just use it very small amounts and wipe it out and let it evaporate....it will take time but it should take it off without hurting anything else...

just be careful

CRANKWALK 09-06-2009 01:51 PM

would nail polish remover help?

Kris.Is.Foamin 09-06-2009 01:53 PM

Anyone who's an dumb enough to do it and get it all over their bumper shoud give up.

Sandblast it?

Will Sol 09-06-2009 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin (Post 5605501)
Anyone who's an dumb enough to do it and get it all over their bumper shoud give up.

Sandblast it?

+1 pay someone since you are a fucking moron.

nftuatn 09-06-2009 02:42 PM

nail polish remover is basically paint thinner...it should work as well as thinner

RandomTask 09-06-2009 02:46 PM

Pee on it. In all seriousness. Your urine has a nuetral PH (safe for the paint) with excellent dissolving properties. . .

and take pictures so we can laugh at you after

BAN HAMMER 09-06-2009 02:48 PM

How about nit being gay and tinting your tails? That might have helped

Fabrik8 09-06-2009 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Boost-box (Post 5605633)
How about nit being gay and tinting your tails? That might have helped

Beat me to it.

I<3Strippers! 09-06-2009 03:45 PM

listen to infatutn, paint thinner/ air craft stripper, its what i used on my turns and it came right off

nftuatn 09-06-2009 03:49 PM

bell be careful with aircraft stripper....its more of a paste that doesnt evaporate...use thinner...the sooner the better...the paint is not really cured yet if it was just sprayed...

Harold_Fastwake 09-06-2009 04:04 PM

Nail polish remover.

I removed my nite shades off my tails with this. Takes it right off easily.

However, I do not know how your bumper will like it.