VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Got a speeding ticket in NC have questions. (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/got-speeding-ticket-nc-have-questions-285994/)

iammatt88 04-08-2009 05:17 PM

Got a speeding ticket in NC have questions.

OK, i got a speeding ticket in NC today. I was on my way to the courthouse in Moyock to work on the fire sprinkler system there. I was in my car, meeting my boss down there. It was 82 in a 55. he said its just a speeding ticket not reckless... i thought 27 over was reckless no mater what.(Am i wrong) he said he could have arrested me but isn't going to because "i cooperated with him".
But on to the main question---
My ticket for the violation say's, "........you did unlawfully and willfully OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE ON A STREET OR HIGHWAY AT SPEED OF 82 MPH IN A 5 MPH ZONE." that is quoted off of the ticket the state trooper typed up in his car.
Being that he wrote the wrong Speed zone down, would the ticket be dismissed? And has any one else had this kind of problem in NC?
Does anyone know where to find out how much the ticket would be i cant find anything online.

and no I"m not bitching about getting the ticket, i deserved it, i was speeding but the car in front of me was too. I'm just trying to see if there is a way i can get it reduced/dismissed without paying a lawyer. Any help would be appreciated.
(if this is in the wrong section mod please move it.)

SMOKEYBEAR 04-08-2009 07:23 PM

Re: Got a speeding ticket in NC have questions.

Try your question here....

www.NcDriven.com

DisturbedFocus 04-08-2009 07:25 PM

pwn

iammatt88 04-08-2009 07:58 PM

i figured i would get a bunch of smart ass remarks because it is VaDriven....but its cool... wasn't sure if anyone would know anything about NC traffic laws because i couldn't find anything...but hey thanks for your help!!!

DisturbedFocus 04-08-2009 08:08 PM

i love lamp.

quick26 04-09-2009 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by iammatt88 (Post 5164411)
OK, i got a speeding ticket in NC today. I was on my way to the courthouse in Moyock to work on the fire sprinkler system there. I was in my car, meeting my boss down there. It was 82 in a 55. he said its just a speeding ticket not reckless... i thought 27 over was reckless no mater what.(Am i wrong) he said he could have arrested me but isn't going to because "i cooperated with him".
My ticket for the violation say's, "........you did unlawfully and willfully OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE ON A STREET OR HIGHWAY AT SPEED OF 82 MPH IN A 5 MPH ZONE." that is quoted off of the ticket the state trooper typed up in his car.
Being that he wrote the wrong Speed zone down, would the ticket be dismissed? And has any one else had this kind of problem in NC?
Does anyone know where to find out how much the ticket would be i cant find anything online.

and no I"m not bitching about getting the ticket, i deserved it, i was speeding but the car in front of me was too. I'm just trying to see if there is a way i can get it reduced/dismissed without paying a lawyer. Any help would be appreciated.

no it will not be dismissed for that. what agency wrote you the ticket? if its currituck, you can show up to court the day of your ticket and speak with the da. get there 30-45 min early to do this. it will depend on your record also. if you have a clean record, they will work with you some. you could get a lawyer. if you need one, pm me and i will reccomend you to a good one. nc is suppose to be a reporting state, meaning that if they decide to report it back to va, if the speed is great enough they can revoke your license in va for it. DO NOT just pay it.

R. Danneskjöld 04-09-2009 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by DisturbedFocus (Post 5165061)
i love lamp.

I killed a guy with a trident.

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn 04-09-2009 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by iammatt88 (Post 5164411)

LOLZ at you speeding in currituck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all think VA beach cops are bad :rolleyes:

quick26 04-09-2009 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by jebsurf (Post 5165536)
LOLZ at you speeding in currituck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all think VA beach cops are bad :rolleyes:

yeah they love a va tag. i got one over there 4 or 5 years ago. we were heading to the beach house from elizabeth city and i came up on an unmarked in a curve. he got me :D

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn 04-09-2009 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by quick26 (Post 5165559)
yeah they love a va tag. i got one over there 4 or 5 years ago. we were heading to the beach house from elizabeth city and i came up on an unmarked in a curve. he got me :D

I have OBX tags and got pulled in kitty hawk the other day for tint(22.6%) WTF... have court the 22nd of this mo because I am going to get it fixed and dropped.;)

quick26 04-09-2009 07:20 AM

that sucks.

_____ 04-09-2009 12:19 PM

It wont get dropped because of a typo.

Oftopic who do you work for who does sprinkler systems? You can PM if you want.

Fabrik8 04-09-2009 12:52 PM

So where in the state of NC is it legal to go 82 MPH? I don't think the speed limit matters.

iammatt88 04-10-2009 02:48 PM

yeah it was in Currituck/Moyock. i"m going down on the 17th to talk to the DA. when i was at the court house i was told the 1st and 3rd Friday every month you can go talk to the DA, and try to get them to lower it or dismiss it. i doubt it will happen though, because i definitely shouldn't have been speeding. but its worth a shot.. . but i was between 2 cars, all 3 of us got pulled by one state trooper and he let the one in front of me go right away which i thought was bullshit...but anyways, shit happens, life's a bitch, and then you die.

D3F4uLt 04-17-2009 10:41 PM

lol sucks