VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   where to buy non ethanol fuel (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/where-buy-non-ethanol-fuel-320205/)

93vxhybrid 11-17-2009 04:49 PM

where to buy non ethanol fuel

where arround the 757 area can you buy non ethanol added fuel?

this shit makes my car run slower than the 16 sec i once ran..... LOL

Reloaded 11-17-2009 04:50 PM

Re: where to buy non ethanol fuel

You really don't know what you're talking about.

You're going to be hard pressed to find a station that doesn't use some watered down mix.

kevsz32 11-17-2009 04:56 PM

as far as i know....all gas station use 10% ethanol...back in the day they didn't.

idrum2loud 11-17-2009 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by 93vxhybrid (Post 5830303)
where arround the 757 area can you buy non ethanol added fuel?

this shit makes my car run slower than the 16 sec i once ran..... LOL

lol wake up and smell 2009 bud...we all have Ethanol sloshin around in our tanks.

93vxhybrid 11-17-2009 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Reloaded (Post 5830310)
You really don't know what you're talking about.

You're going to be hard pressed to find a station that doesn't use some watered down mix.

actually i do... LOL

gasoline with ethanol has a lower BTU(british thermal units) rating

, that means less power. ethanol also asborbs water

one gallon of gasoline has roughly 125,000BTU's
one gallon of ethanol has roughly 84,000BTU's

your car will run leaner and get worse gas mileage.

ethanol sucks........... PERIOD

93vxhybrid 11-17-2009 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by idrum2loud (Post 5830325)
lol wake up and smell 2009 bud...we all have Ethanol sloshin around in our tanks.

i just drove across the country and i had non ethanol fuel till i entered VA.

so i was just hoping to find a station that sold non ethanol fuel arround here

marlinspike 11-17-2009 05:08 PM

757 is a pretty big area. Where specifically? Anyways, most of the country has e10 now. I don't like it any more than you do. If you want real gas, you're going to have to go to one of those gas supply stations that supply the gas stations. You won't find it at a gas station.

Reloaded 11-17-2009 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by 93vxhybrid (Post 5830328)
actually i do... LOL

gasoline with ethanol has a lower BTU(british thermal units) rating

, that means less power. ethanol also asborbs water

one gallon of gasoline has roughly 125,000BTU's
one gallon of ethanol has roughly 84,000BTU's

your car will run leaner and get worse gas mileage.

ethanol sucks........... PERIOD

That means you'll use more fuel but it isn't going to lower your power as you indicated in your first post by stating your car is running slower.

You aren't running E85 either, you're running a blended fuel that is mostly gas with a small percntage of ethanol, less than 10%.

And ethanol fuels like E85 are sigficantly more resistant to premature detonation and work well in high boost applications. So I really wouldn't say they "suck".

Summer fuel as a whole is roughly 1.5% - 1.7% more poweful than the fuel sold during the colder months.

Perhaps it isn't the fuel that is making your car slow but the fact that your car is a shitty 20 year old Civic designed for fuel economy not winning Le Mans?

idrum2loud 11-17-2009 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Reloaded (Post 5830380)
That means you'll use more fuel but it isn't going to lower your power as you indicated in your first post by stating your car is running slower.

You aren't running E85 either, you're running a blended fuel that is mostly gas with a small percntage of ethanol, less than 10%.

And ethanol fuels like E85 are sigficantly more resistant to premature detonation and work well in high boost applications. So I really wouldn't say they "suck".

Summer fuel as a whole is roughly 1.5% - 1.7% more poweful than the fuel sold during the colder months.

Perhaps it isn't the fuel that is making your car slow but the fact that your car is a shitty 20 year old Civic designed for fuel economy not winning Le Mans?

/\
LULZ

i mean, running 16's....this guy has more to worry about than fuel choice......

LULZZ

sprayedcivic 11-17-2009 05:33 PM

we have 2 stations here in middlesex area that sell ethanol free fuel it is a little more expensive but they have it

marlinspike 11-17-2009 05:43 PM

I don't know about the OP's car, but not all of us drive cars with fancy O2 sensors and the like. Having to richen your mixture is no fun, and the older ignition systems don't seem to appreciate it.

Actually, you'll find that it's 10%, not less than 10%, and many stations are running significantly more. There's nothing in place to check it, and the mixing is done at the trucks, so it comes out quite imprecise. When you combine this with a federal mandate on ethanol consumption, gas companies are taking it to the limit and beyond whenever they can get away with it.

But ethanol fuels like E10 don't have this property.

I<3Strippers! 11-17-2009 05:44 PM

knotts island has no ethanol in the gas.

Lawlercaust 11-17-2009 06:39 PM

There is one on 460, its 757, but its out here.

nftuatn 11-17-2009 06:43 PM

just run 116 in the shit and be done with it..

Impulsed7 11-17-2009 06:45 PM

LOL at this thread.

when they add 10% ethanol to your gas, they arent taking 87octane and adding 10% ethanol and marking it 87. then you would have less energy per amount of gas... but they are taking lower octane (more energy) and adding ethanol (less energy) to get 87, (same amount of energy).

applies to 89 and 93 as well.

in the end, same amt of energy. the ethanol mixed gas is only bad for your car if you are storing it for long periods of time, as it will absorb more water than a tank with gasoline alone.

go read something, your brain might grow.