You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the VA Driven community today!

Thread: MOAB Land CLosure

aftermarket4x4 is offline Registered User

MOAB Land CLosure

First off I have never been to MOAB, but have tons of friends that have made the trek out west. Second, the people that start closing down trails out there are the same ones trying to close down our beaches from motorized vehicles so we have to show them we care!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.4wheeloffroad.com/65633...ver/index.html

Congress to Vote on H.R. 1925 America's Red Rock Wilderness Act This Thursday!

Moab Might Be Gone Forever!

Posted Today 01:35 PM by 4WOR Web Editor

Filed under: Miscellaneous, Jason Gonderman

The Chairman of the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands of the U.S. House Committee on Natural Resources has scheduled a hearing on October 1 to consider H.R. 1925, America's Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009.

This legislation -- which will ban off-highway vehicle (OHV) access to public lands to those who live and recreate in
    Utah -- was introduced by New York Representative Maurice Hinchey.

However, not a single Representative from Utah is supporting H.R.1925.

Specifically, H.R. 1925 would designate more than nine million more acres as federally protected "Wilderness," and directly affect the Moab, San Rafael Swell and Chimney Rock areas (to name a few) in Utah.

These popular OHV areas represent some of the most important remaining OHV recreation areas in Utah, and are some of the most popular with responsible OHV riders. The proposed Wilderness designation would also make the land off limits to ATV riders, mountain bikers and horseback
    riders.

Coming on the heels of the recently enacted Omnibus Public Land Management Act, which closed 2 million acres of public lands, this vast Wilderness bill will take away additional recreation opportunities currently enjoyed by local residents and visitors alike.

The AMA needs your help now to stop H.R. 1925. The fastest way to reach your U.S. Representative is to call them. You can find contact information for your elected officials by entering your zip code on AmericanMotorcyclist.com, clicking on "Rights," then "Issues and Legislation." Additionally, a prewritten e-mail is available for you to send to your Representative immediately by following the "Take
    Action" option and entering your information.

Please contact your Representative right away and urge them to oppose H.R. 1925.

It's VERY VERY SIMPLE! Just click on the link below:

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/al...ertid=14061961

... and you will be taken to the AMA's (American Motorcycle
    Association) website. Enter your zip code and a letter will be sent to your representative urging them to vote NO on this bill.

Do it NOW! please! It starts with US, the people, ....the government is saposed to be "for the people by the people".....not gov't control over the people!

Everybody help this Bill Fail!!!

Sean (More politically active than I used to be!) DeVinney

ALSO: Here is the link to the Pirate 4x4 board info thread:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824178

evan matthews is offline Registered Member

Re: MOAB Land CLosure

Moher Fuckers! Petition signed and sent. They fucked up our beaches, now this.

SpeedJunkie is offline Registered Member

I posted this a few places and sent a letter to Nye today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention, when you were a child?

iFoam is offline ladies love my foam.

signed.

i've always wanted to go out there.
    Va Driven 4x4 Crew
    Army Strong / Diesel Guy / NHL Fan
    2005 Ford F-250 Lariat Fx4 Lariat MBRP turbo back exhaust... 3 inch lift
    2004 Honda CB600F Hornet. I <3 matte black

-JB- is offline Fitty Tuckin

I think this hearing already took place
    "Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

vasponger is offline Captain night owl

thats the only thing in moab besides the arches park, that town would be dead, i dont say this a lot about out west but that place was amazing
    http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/Hygiefhp/vasponger84.png
    [NIGHT CREW]#867-5309
    Quote Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
    Greetings, welcome to the friendliest, and most helpful place on the net!

aftermarket4x4 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by -JB- View Post
    I think this hearing already took place

They held a meeting of the Subcommittee October 1st....that's all I have found on it:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h1925/show

Sean