Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

1982 Ford Bronco Ugly Betty build

Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caplt4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1982 Ford Bronco Ugly Betty build

nice bronco, like the seats, glad the girl friend is helping, instead of complaining, keep posting
Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 AM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

Spent a couple hundred dollars this past week:
New 3rd member carrier to support 4.56 gears for the dana 44
Aussie Lunchbox Locker
rebuild kit for dana 44
New Headlight harness that will cut my power draw to the headlight switch from 20amps to 4-5 amps
New headlight housing, HID, ballasts
about 10ft of 2g wire to route: Red->Battery + to distributing post to starter solenoid...Black->all new grounds frame, block and battery
While all that is coming in the mail....this weekend I am going to put in 4 new Ujoints for the driveshafts, and saving the used ones for trail extras.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

The build is coming along nicely. It looks beast. I have done a some offroad driving back home with a few nasty Mitsubishi pick ups. Plenty of adrenaline and fun. Maybe one day I'll pick up something in that adventure.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:00 AM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

Weekend was sort of a bust. Ended up receiving the incorrect u joints, didn't find this out till sunday night at 2200. But we did go ahead and start rebuilding the new carb...or at least clean it up ready for the break down.

I'll be off to the store with the driveshafts in hand so they can give me the right ones.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:31 AM
where are my balls!?

Gotta love my iphone....not only can i listen to some Beatles...but i can take a pic with my phone and have a photobucket app to upload it

SO today I went ahead a returned the Brute Force U joints Advanced Auto sold me, WAY to big...

Talked to the dude inside and brought the driveshaft with me and we found ones that fit just right :thumbup

Got home...used my wonderful HF open box discounted 3in1 tool *u joints, tie rods and something with the brakes*

With my handy dandy cordless impact wrench, got the old ones out with no problem...new ones in without a problem.

Only issue with today...was the yoke bearing...or as Mark put it the CV. 2 bearings in there took a nose dive into a parking lot of brick...i opened it up and they were broken in pieces...so i'm going to source out another one...NAPA says they can get it to me in 24 hours for 80...i haven't talked to ford...doubt they are cheaper. Going to see if I can find one online for cheaper before i make the commitment.

Other than that...it's been a non-productive weekend :beer

I am still waiting on getting all the info on the hooker pipes and Offenhauser intake. I want to make sure I will have everything i need when i do the install.

OOO and the gears I bought off another member 2 months back. I had given them to CWbronco, who was going to have them put in his straight axle Dana 44...turns out they were nothing more than paperweights. Going to see if i can get my money back...

Still waiting for some electrical stuff from Fireguy **ordered some more 2g wire and odds n ends...**

Also should have my HID lights here shortly if they shipped out on friday.

Other than that...she should be ready to rock n roll opc1:

Last edited by Ruger Dooger; 03-12-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:32 AM
where are my balls!?

Old 03-12-2012, 04:32 AM
where are my balls!?

Old 03-12-2012, 04:33 AM
where are my balls!?

Old 03-12-2012, 04:50 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

gotta love when needle bearings go all over the place.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

What was wrong with the gears he tried to put in? My guess is the ring gear was a little to big? On some ford differentials you have to grind down the housing a little.

Quick Reply: 1982 Ford Bronco Ugly Betty build