You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the VA Driven community today!

Thread: Wal-Mart Distribution Center Jobs

Hybrid AWD is offline Your Local DSM Tech

Wal-Mart Distribution Center Jobs

So the holiday season is coming up and I wouldnt mind making a few extra dollars picking up a seasonal job. Living right down the road from the Wal-Mart distribution center, Im contenplating on whether or not I should apply.

I looked around online and couldnt find any online website to apply for the distribution centers, so does this mean I have to go to the front gate and request an application?

I know there are a few people on here that work there, so let me ask a few questions first. What are the shift hours? Do they have just weekend employees? Do they hire just seasonal employees? Do you like it?

I know they pay decent, and that is one of the reaons Id consider it for a second job. I couldnt imagine myself getting a 2nd job and having to work 2-3 hours longer to make what I currently make (hour wise) now.

So can anyone help me out with some of my questions? I have 1 1/2 years warehouse experience and fork lift certifications with zero safety infractions. So, I feel that would help me out a little.

Jon-Eric is offline Registered Member

Re: Wal-Mart Distribution Center Jobs

They have a few different shifts. Including a weekend shift. The shifts have changed since I have worked there, but there used to be a fri, sat, and sun shift for the weekend. I didnt mind working there. The production quota can be a bitch. I was a prime-orderfiller and in my opinion, the hardest to get production. Since you have experience, that will help a lot to get hired. They even hire with absolutly no experience so you should be good. I would try to stay away from prime orderfilling, but you mostly dont have a choice in where they put you.

k2fender is offline Registered Member

Watch "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price" before you do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by k2fender View Post
    Yeah I've heard people talk about that, Ive never seen it.

CavemanRacing is offline www.CM-R.net

Check www.ferguson.com for a position at one of our warehouses around here. I have no idea what walmart is like, but I am pretty sure we a way better corp to work for.
    Caveman Racing Powder Coating - I can coat any part in any color you want. PM for more info. www.CM-R.net

Quote Originally Posted by driveahonda View Post
    Check www.ferguson.com for a position at one of our warehouses around here. I have no idea what walmart is like, but I am pretty sure we a way better corp to work for.
    Do they have seasonal/part time?

vinny89GT is offline WeShouldHaveShotguns

Quote Originally Posted by driveahonda View Post
    Definitely. I love working for Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    Do they have seasonal/part time?
    I don't think so. But, I could be wrong.
    2003 Ford Cobra 10th Anniversary Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by vinny89GT View Post
    Definitely. I love working for Ferguson.

I don't think so. But, I could be wrong.
    I could only do part time. Nights, weekends... I looked around on their website, but it was kind of a pita to try and find what is available and what isnt.

vdubya63 is offline Registered Member

Tis is stupid shit. What do you expect wal-mart to do they are a billion dollar company. when wal-mart shuts down the world will end..lol..
    1997 Nissan 240sx..KA
    1991 sentra SE-R..T28 Powa!!
    1993 sentra SE-R..Waiting on a new heart..
    1995 Nissan 200sx..SR20

vdubya63 is offline Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    So the holiday season is coming up and I wouldnt mind making a few extra dollars picking up a seasonal job. Living right down the road from the Wal-Mart distribution center, Im contenplating on whether or not I should apply.

I looked around online and couldnt find any online website to apply for the distribution centers, so does this mean I have to go to the front gate and request an application?

I know there are a few people on here that work there, so let me ask a few questions first. What are the shift hours? Do they have just weekend employees? Do they hire just seasonal employees? Do you like it?

I know they pay decent, and that is one of the reaons Id consider it for a second job. I couldnt imagine myself getting a 2nd job and having to work 2-3 hours longer to make what I currently make (hour wise) now.

So can anyone help me out with some of my questions? I have 1 1/2 years warehouse experience and fork lift certifications with zero safety infractions. So, I feel that would help me out a little.
    Job is so-so.. They have a weekend shift from sat-mon,,5am-530pm.. No seasonal positions start off at like 12 something an hour.. You have to go inside the warehouse and apply on the computer they are actually hiring right now for a few forklift positions..

Quote Originally Posted by vdubya63 View Post
    Job is so-so.. They have a weekend shift from sat-mon,,5am-530pm.. No seasonal positions start off at like 12 something an hour.. You have to go inside the warehouse and apply on the computer they are actually hiring right now for a few forklift positions..
    sounds like a plan.... saturday through monday 5am to 5:30pm is weird.

3xb18 is offline Registered Member

3 day work week 36 hours I wish I could get mondays off I would b all over it. I have know some people to work there (old roomates) both never really complained the both worked overnight shift ..I think they both started as loader unloaders and moved up pretty quick

k2fender is offline Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by vdubya63 View Post
    Tis is stupid shit. What do you expect wal-mart to do they are a billion dollar company. when wal-mart shuts down the world will end..lol..
    Watch it before you make any judgments. I already hated them before this movie. It just reaffirmed my opinion. I'd expect them to not push small business owners out of business in their own town, to start off.

Sorry to thread-jack...I'm done now.

That whole monday thing screw it all up lol.

SpeedJunkie is offline Registered Member

Watch it before you make any judgments. I already hated them before this movie. It just reaffirmed my opinion. I'd expect them to not push small business owners out of business in their own town, to start off.
    It is called capitalism and the consumers are the ones who enable them to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention, when you were a child?