You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the VA Driven community today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: apprentice school question!????!

DORKO is offline I CARRY A GUN. FYI!!

Exclamation apprentice school question!????!

ok i have an interview with the shipyard apprentice school on the 21st of this month...

1. will they give me any tests (drug/verbal/arithmetic) of any kind?
    2.will i find out if im accepted on this day or not?

i heard they give you a basic algebra test? how basic are we talking?

any advice/comments will be appreciated?
    Last edited by DORKO; 04-03-2005 at 09:38 PM.
    RIP:William "Bradley" Hicks. Gone but definitely NEVER forgotten. 12-21-11 I miss you man.

Hunter300zx is offline Registered User

Re: apprentice school question!????!

if accepted into the program you are given a drug screen test. you wont know if youre accepted until weeks after the interview. i'm in the co-op program, but i have a friend who was just accepted into the apprenticeship. i'll ask him about all the shit.

ok...but will they give me like an algera test on this day or not?

and how easy/hard is it? i know its algebra, but is it like 9th grade algebra or liek what??

i have no clue what to expect/study for you know??

help me out

ThsPoq is offline Thig Digged

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter300zx
    if accepted into the program you are given a drug screen test. you wont know if youre accepted until weeks after the interview. i'm in the co-op program, but i have a friend who was just accepted into the apprenticeship. i'll ask him about all the shit.
    christ, another drag co-op. Whats your name? I may be/have been in one of your classes.

which co-op are you doing?

I got accepted into the Test engineering one and we'll be starting up my classes in august i guess
    OG Nightcrew MS Paint Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by slimstajimsta5
    which co-op are you doing?

I got accepted into the Test engineering one and we'll be starting up my classes in august i guess
    Shut the fuck up, red-headed step child

yeer is offline aznRay...

for the interview, i dont think theres any test. Then again, that was years ago when i went in.

but i do know that you first week there, you go to the building behind TNCC and have a week of introduction to the shipyard crap. Most of the time u'll have to sit in class, but you got shop work to do the last couple of days, like learn how to use a drill, tap holes, use grinders, etc. But yes during that week you have to take a placement test, English and Math.
    '05 Mercedes C230 (sold)
    '00 GPW S2000 (sold)
    '98 Championship White ITR #1110 (sold)
    -Looking for another ITR....

TPJ
    TPJ is offline sumospeedDOTcom

No they won't give you any tests. They give you a tour of the school, a tour of the school, tell you how things work, and then you go in for the actual interview. Its all pretty basic. I just got accepted a couple weeks ago. Took a little over a month to find out after the interview though, but they tell you that when you go in.

EDIT: There will be a drug screening though if you are accepted.
    Check us out!! -->: www.SUMOspeed.com
    Will exchange Rapez for Repz

ok sweet, but how is the algebra test? english is no problem for me, but math is...nobody has answered me yet on if its BASIC or what??

yeer is offline aznRay...

its kinda hard. if your not good in math then you'll have trouble. they give you a couple of worksheets and have extra help after class the first couple of days.

from what i remember the worksheets were useless, because the test didnt have any of that crap on there. You really shouldnt worry about the math test, its not going to decide whether your going to get in or not, your already in if you get to go to orientation.

its just to see where your at in math. its 16 questions, and like if you get like under 6 right then you have to take a 10 week math review course, teaching you basic algebra, etc. And if you get over 6-10 right then you only have to take a 8hr review class, to freshen up on the math skills, and if you get over that then u dont have to take anything, you will go right into the math.

its no big deal because even if you have to take the 10 week review, you still get to get out of work to go to class, you just wont start classes until you finish that review course. and the 8hr course is cake, i had to take that and when i took the test again, i got all 16 right, so that 8hr review helps.

any of you bastards go to warwick high school??? I have to go there tomorrow from 8-2:30 and recruit you whores into joining the apprentice program.
    Last edited by yeer; 04-04-2005 at 06:41 PM.

Hunter300zx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ThsPoq
    christ, another drag co-op. Whats your name? I may be/have been in one of your classes.
    the names Anthony, maybe you are in some of my classes. whats your schedule?

His name is Thomas and he has shaved red hair and looks like a tall overgrown retard

Actually, I think I know who you are. Do you have a red 300zx and did you take featureCAM this time last year? If so, I was in your class.

Quote Originally Posted by slimstajimsta5
    His name is Thomas and he has shaved red hair and looks like a tall overgrown retard
    I'll eat your bones

Quote Originally Posted by yeer
    any of you bastards go to warwick high school??? I have to go there tomorrow from 8-2:30 and recruit you whores into joining the apprentice program.
    i do... i guess ill see you out here then...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast