Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

EF project build!

Old 07-12-2015, 08:18 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skis0 has disabled reputation
Default EF project build!

hey everyone! I'm in the procces of doing a b16a build in an EF shell. So far it has been a giant pain in the ass since I bought the car with the engine already in the car and the guy decided to make his own obd1-obd0 conversion harness. After almost 6 months of on again off again work I finally got the car running.

I've gone back and forth between being so beaten down that I wanted to scrap it and so hopeful that I thought about doing an all motor drag build.

As it sits right now, the engine runs but there is a vacuum leak and it is throwing so many codes I have no idea what to do. The suspension in the front it loose, the gauge cluster only works a little (gas gauge and mil lights are the only things working). I think that since the suspension is messed up it is putting too much stress on my axles and causing a whine while I drive. The exhaust it hitting the shift linkage and causing it to pop out. The list goes on and on. I spent 6 hours on the engine wiring alone and it still isn't running its best.

Basically what I am asking all of you is for help. Any input on people that would be willing to help me out and possible fixes to the wiring harness are welcomed. If you want to come to my house and help I'm willing to offer food and beer as payment but I really want this car running well so I can start to make it look beautiful. Thanks everyone!!!
Old 07-14-2015, 09:57 AM
Registered member

valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1
Default Re: EF project build!

Sounds like you bought a bucket. Is this really the best use of your time?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:50 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by skis0
hey everyone! I'm in the procces of doing a b16a build in an EF shell. So far it has been a giant pain in the ass since I bought the car with the engine already in the car and the guy decided to make his own obd1-obd0 conversion harness. After almost 6 months of on again off again work I finally got the car running.

I've gone back and forth between being so beaten down that I wanted to scrap it and so hopeful that I thought about doing an all motor drag build.

As it sits right now, the engine runs but there is a vacuum leak and it is throwing so many codes I have no idea what to do. The suspension in the front it loose, the gauge cluster only works a little (gas gauge and mil lights are the only things working). I think that since the suspension is messed up it is putting too much stress on my axles and causing a whine while I drive. The exhaust it hitting the shift linkage and causing it to pop out. The list goes on and on. I spent 6 hours on the engine wiring alone and it still isn't running its best.

Basically what I am asking all of you is for help. Any input on people that would be willing to help me out and possible fixes to the wiring harness are welcomed. If you want to come to my house and help I'm willing to offer food and beer as payment but I really want this car running well so I can start to make it look beautiful. Thanks everyone!!!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

What codes are it throwing? What model Civic is it? How can the suspension in the front be "loose"? What axles and intermediate shaft did you use?
Old 07-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Eat A Dick

Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff

sell the motor/trans, scrap the rest.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:42 AM

krayzkrn is infamous around these partskrayzkrn is infamous around these partskrayzkrn is infamous around these partskrayzkrn is infamous around these partskrayzkrn is infamous around these partskrayzkrn is infamous around these partskrayzkrn is infamous around these partskrayzkrn is infamous around these partskrayzkrn is infamous around these partskrayzkrn is infamous around these partskrayzkrn is infamous around these parts

Can you source a new engine/chassis harness and string it through?
Old 07-26-2015, 08:34 AM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

Why not get a new harness and do it right?
Old 07-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Indelible Anomaly

RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon

No need for beer or food.... What about a fat lipped sister or DDD mommy?
Old 07-29-2015, 06:53 PM
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k

I came in looking for a build thread. I got Gaybage... Ain't nobody got time for Gaybage...
Old 07-29-2015, 07:40 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by jarrett2k
I came in looking for a build thread. I got Gaybage... Ain't nobody got time for Gaybage...
This thread is cabbage.

Quick Reply: EF project build!