Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

BEFORE YOU POST: "I need xxx work done" READ READ READ

Old 04-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon
Arrow BEFORE YOU POST: "I need xxx work done" READ READ READ

For the love of god, do some research.

Try looking:

Here (Shop list)

or

Here (Vendor reviews)

Post a "I need help with bla bla bla" if it's an issue that isn't common, and at last resort, please. You could probably take a walk around your block and find someone to swap in a B series into your hatch or teg for a decent price. It's not that serious. I can understand frustation with car trouble just as much as the next guy, but there's plenty of names being thrown around the forums for local help.

SEARCH

Needing someone do to your regular maintenance doesn't require it's own thread!!!

Last edited by Junon; 01-05-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon
Default Re: BEFORE YOU POST: "I need xxx work done" READ READ READ

So I've been extremely lenient since posting this thread back in 09', it seems most people are still lazy since every week someone asking for wheel refinishing, painting, or some other service that's been covered 100 times in the past. If it's something that's common and I find an answer within 2 minutes of searching (because 9 times out of 10 I will), you will be warned/ infracted.

I don't want the Nova section to be 15 threads asking "Hey guys, what's a good place for an oilchange?" Again, I can understand frustration finding a reputable shop, but clearly the tools are there for you to find your own answer, rather than members spoon feeding it to you. There's a vendor reviews section, official shop list, and numerous answers available if you just use the mysterious and magical SEARCH button!

Qualifying it with "but I can't afford a shop, and need a sidejob!" isn't gonna cut it. If you can't afford the work, you CAN'T afford the work. Even if you're looking for sidework, you'll most likely find help if you (you guessed it) search.