Notices
Import - EUROPE Vehicles from European manufacturers go here.

91 Jetta Coupe Project (nearly done)

Old 06-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutchn has disabled reputation
Default 91 Jetta Coupe Project (nearly done)

Name: Travis
Means of contact: 540-226-1978
Price: $3500 obo

Description:

Okay so unfortunately I’m going to sell my 91 markii jetta coupe. I really don’t want to, but want to venture out into another project and don’t have time to keep this car on the side. So here it is finally up for sale after sitting for 4 years. Looking for 3500 OBO after all the money I put in with the motor work and parts, and how clean the car is..or trade for a 240 shell plus cash..only thing that needs to be done is either a new block or take it to a machine shop and its done.

I originally bought the car and 3 months into owning it I hit something in the road and jumped timing. I started to do a full rebuild on the car with a VW master tech to show me the ropes on the proper way to build a motor. Also shaved the bay(first time attempt) and did a wire tuck. However, he had never worked with ARP hardware before and didn’t like the clearance levels on the nuts for the main studs. So he decided to back the studs out which I knew was wrong and even called ARP and they said no as well. But he was “RIGHT” so I listened to him. Got the motor all together after the full rebuild with a few extra parts and finally started it. Ran absolutely perfect for about 30 minutes and then it spun all the main bearings…..who would have guessed…… Haven’t had time to fix it with another car now and work. Figured I would just sell it. Motor is out and has been semi-taken apart (enough to see the main bearings), all parts are accounted for and I hae everything to finish the build minus the block work or new block.
------------The car just either needs a new block or for the block to be machined and the head cleaned. Everything else is done and ready to turn key. I redid all the electricals in the car so the car is turnkey ready to go once the motor is rebuilt.

Please someone bring this car back to life, body is really really clean. It is badgeless and has the body trim shaved. Alpine white paint.
Suspension/ Wheels:
Raceland coilovers
4x100 to 5x112 wheel adapters
Mercedes Wheels painted with new federal Formoza tires
Motor work and parts for the rebuild:
• Oem main bearings#
• Oem rod bearings
• Oem thrust bearings
• Grant Piston Rings
• Oem Oil Pump
• Oem Water Pump
• Oem Oil Pan
• All New Gaskets
• MkIV Head Gasket
• Autotec 262 Cams
• New Timing Chain Kit
• Axles
• New Transmission
• Shift Box and Cables
• Thermostat housing kit with Metal Crack Pipe
• Oem 70c Thermostat
• TRW Valves
• Meyle Lightweight Lifters
• Retainers
• Valve Springs
• Valve Guides
• Valve Seals
• Arp Head Studs
• Arp main studs
• Arp Rod Bolts
• Head has been milled and fitted
• BFI Badgeless 5 slot grille
• Jom smoked crosshairs
• Foglights
New tires
New fuel pump and filter
Car has mk3 cabrio dash
Super clean recarro interior
Im sure im forgetting a lot so please feel free to ask any questions.

Head was assembled at a shop when I got it milled so it’s built perfect. Car is really fun to drive and I miss it. Someone needs to pick this thing up from me so I can start a different project in something I want to do more. Please contact me at 540-two26-one978

Pictures: