Notices
Import - EUROPE Vehicles from European manufacturers go here.

(2) 1973 BMW 2002's

Old 04-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the rough
Default (2) 1973 BMW 2002's

Name: Jayson
Means of contact: cafcwest@gmail.com PLEASE!!!! I am not active on forums.
Price: $3000

What we have here today is two 1973 BMW 2002’s (both manual transmission/non-sunroof models) and a mound of parts that should enable a person to build one very fine automobile for a modest amount of time and money.

Back story:
I acquired the red car/rolling chassis from a friend of the family. As the car was structurally sound, I started collecting parts in order to build it into “fun car”. Something street legal, but fun for any setting – street, auto-x, track work. While collecting parts, enter car number 2.

It was purchased from the original owner, and has records going back to 1979. It has been gone through my his mechanics several times – motor, transmission and rear end all rebuilt at least once. It has a good drivetrain, a good interior, and lots of good parts. However, having lived in salt-using states several times, and having had some poor repairs done to the body during its life, I believe the chassis itself is a write-off.

I drove the car as-is for over a year when I acquired, and it is very fun around town, though a little strung-out on the interstate at 75+mph. Definitely a good indicator to see if you are a ‘vintage car person’ is to drive this car for a while on the street.

After acquiring this second car, my plan changed a little bit. I was going to strip the ‘rolling chassis’, have it sent off for blasting/body work/primer/paint. Then take this new clean shell and build it up with all of the drivetrain and interior off the ‘driver’, install the brakes/suspension and other goodies along the way, and have a more street-car but still all around fun car when done.

Alas, life interfered. My missed opportunity is your….opportunity.
((Please note I have been out of the ‘scene’ for several years, so I might not remember the exact manufacturer of items, model/codes /etc. of cars/items))

What’s included:
- 1973 BMW 2002 ‘rolling chassis’. Clean title. It is a very structurally sound car. The strut towers and rockers are in very good shape. I did get the motor running back in 2007/2008, but it was just to know if it would run – at that point, I didn’t intend to use this drivetrain.
- 1973 BMW 2002 ‘runner’. Clean title. Decent paint from the mid 1990’s. Good running drive train, very nice interior including a pair of mismatched Recaros. Period aftermarket steering wheel that I installed, 80A alternator, Weber 32/36 carb and I’m sure a few other odds and interesting ends.

But wait, there’s more! I mentioned parts. Oh yes, I haz parts! Here are just a few things I am remembering off the top of my head:
- Two sets of brake upgrades – one is the common Volvo caliper/E21 ventilated rotor, the other is the 5er caliper/E21 ventilated rotor.
- Rear coilovers for sure. (I thought I had fronts as well somewhere, but I can’t find them. Assume I don’t have them) I believe they are from Ireland Engineering.
- Euro flush front turn signals
- Box of spare Weber 32/36 bodies, parts, jets, etc.
- E21 320i sport LSD rear end
- Front hubs with studs installed
- E30 14” mesh wheels
- Disassembled E30 M20 bottom end
- At least one original 4-speed transmission
- Extra body work (doors, hoods, trunks)

Price:

I am looking to sell everything together for $3,000. I believe that I have quite a bit more tied up in all the parts and such, but I am trying to find a fair price that will sell the cars and allow a person good budget to build up a nice car. I really do hope that I will find someone who will take all of these items and do something very cool with them – I’d be disappointed if someone simply bought all of this stuff and parted it all out to make more money. Not that I could do anything about it, but I’d be a sad panda inside.

((I’m really think I am going to regret this part)) but I am not really driven by a financial need to sell on this, and as such, could be interested in the right trade. The following is a list of some things I *might* be interested in:

- Pickup truck. 4/6 cylinder, MANUAL transmission, extended or full cab. Thinking something like an S10/Tacoma/Nissan.
- Interesting street cars. I’m an all-around car guy (except Beetles!) so I’m interested in unique (but nice) cars. Don’t offer me a primer Civic with 200k and no A/C – that’s not going to cut it. But something that runs and drives (I don’t want another extensive project) legally is a good start. Miata, BMW’s, vintage cars/trucks/a fuel efficient DD, who knows exactly. Just ask.
- Bikes. Again, not a project please. European or Japanese is most likely. More sporty than cruiser.
- Firearms. Meh, probably not, but you can ask.

Pretty much anything is going to need to be equal or lesser value. If something super cool came along (or a very nice small pickup truck) I might contribute some cash, but it needs to be ‘something I want’ at that point, not just something that I’ll take.

Located just east of Richmond, VA. Available some week nights and weekends to meet with people. Fairly flexible to call, chat, answer any questions you might have. Thanks.

PLEASE email me – I’m not active on forums.

For More pictures: https://plus.google.com/photos/10616...73103256110401

Last edited by cafcwest; 04-10-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Direct pictures per rules
Old 04-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu
Default Re: (2) 1973 BMW 2002's

oh thaats tempting, glad I'm not in VA anymore to get myself in trouble
Old 04-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

robb1887 has disabled reputation

Dear... Lord... Baby... Jesus...
Old 04-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

cafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Niburu
oh thaats tempting, glad I'm not in VA anymore to get myself in trouble
Dave,
When did you leave Richmond?