Notices
Honda Vehicles from Honda/Acura ONLY go here. If you need to mention another make in your thread then it should go in this forum.

Project 1990 Honda CRX SI (testing waters) (flat bed needed)

Old 07-10-2014, 05:20 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
homeslice287 has disabled reputation
Default Project 1990 Honda CRX SI (testing waters) (flat bed needed)

Name: Patrick
Means of contact: Post ITT or PM
Price: $1750

Description: I am possibly looking to sell my 1990 CRX SI that is 90% OEM except window tint and Thermal R&D 2.25" exhaust

I am the third owner of this amazing car, and have owned it since 2008 (6 years) It was my daily driver throughout college and I have seen great days with this car, including my best mileage ever at an average of 32MPG, and best 41MPG.

I own all interior pieces that came with the CRX and I am not missing a single part, which IMO is rare.

The car currently has 170K original miles on the stock d16a6 si motor. It has been garage kept for the past two years, but unfortunately it has been sitting due to an electrical issue that I do not have the time or money to look into.

I will come clean and say this car needs a bit of TLC all around and cannot be driven, and you need to be a serious CRX enthusiast or have a plan to work on this car for a good month before it will be ready to be driven again (and a flat bed to come pick it up).

If I had the money and time to keep it as a project I would. I would say that you would be better off completely redoing the motor/rewiring of the car, as there is a short in the main harness that needs to be found, which is why the car won't start. Although the factory motor was always strong, and never dogged or ran hard (come on its a D16..) I would still swap to a B series or whatever your speed needs/goals are.

I understand my asking price is high for a non working car, but It's already been sitting two years, I can wait as long as I have to until my asking price is met. I also justify that price based on my love for the car, and the potential it has to be a classic (Thanks Jay Leno) and the fact it isn't like every other riced out CRX on the street with a motor swap and no interior

A few other notes to add, as common with all CRX's there is the cancer spots on both quarter panels, the A/C Control sadly broke last year (it was lasting so long too!) the drivers seat has the stuffing coming out in the side bolster (I never found a perfect drivers seat in these things so good luck if you do) The paint is the OEM from 1990 so it will need a good paint job, I have the OEM wheels that will need new tires. The clutch/Flywheel works fine and no slipping/grinds (it was replaced with a stage 2 before I bought the car)
the brakes are fine, but may need to have brake fluid/lines changed. Shocks and springs are good but i'm sure new owner will drop it with something new. the motor had a tune up before it died on me, new alternator, new starter, new battery.

All in all this car has seen better days, but with a good owner who has plans and a little more expendable cash, you could make this thing into a dream car

Please keep all negativity out of this thread, and any offer that is lower than asking price will be ignored

Pictures:
Old 07-10-2014, 10:32 AM
4drsmorewhores

hype_r has disabled reputation
Default Re: Project 1990 Honda CRX SI (testing waters) (flat bed needed)

pm'd
Old 07-20-2014, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

Mendez2 has disabled reputation

Hit me up at 5719912815 or give me your number
Old 07-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

More pics of current condition. Photos of it as it currently sits, the cancer spots mentioned, inside and all exterior sides?