Notices
Honda Vehicles from Honda/Acura ONLY go here. If you need to mention another make in your thread then it should go in this forum.

1994 Honda Accord EX - Skunk2/KYB/ROH/RSX-S - Daily Commuter - Reliable

Old 06-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Twinkie Assassin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOOM_FIST has disabled reputation
Default 1994 Honda Accord EX - Skunk2/KYB/ROH/RSX-S - Daily Commuter - Reliable

Name: Tom
Means of contact: PM or Text 240-434-3054
Price: TRADE or FOR SALE

CLEAN AND CLEAR TITLE. PLEASE READ FULL AD. I'LL UPDATE AS I THINK OF THINGS. THANK YOU.

UPDATE 9/18/14 - Went to get all 4 balanced and the front 2 had "lumps" in them causing an oscilating wobble sound at 40 MPH. 2 New tires up front and it's as good as new. Rides quiet and smooth.

UPDATE 9/23/14 - Transmission has a very slight "flare" (RPM rise before shifting) from 3rd gear to 4th gear when cold. NOT slipping because I can manually shift it through each gear and punch it with zero slippage. Grips and takes off quickly. Perfectly fine once warmed up which points to a common cause of slack in the trans cable or shifter solenoids need cleaning or replaced. Currently investigating this and should be a very easy fix. Again, not slipping...it grips great. Still perfectly drivable as I drive it every day and drive it everywhere. Will update once figured out or resolved. Just being honest.

EDIT: Found out the shifter solenoid is bad. $40 part. Plan to fix soon!

Just to give you a little background on myself - I'm 30 years old and don't beat on my vehicles. I'm a Christian, a military veteran, and I work as a contractor for the Navy/Marine Corp. I bought this car strictly for a nice reliable daily driver and had zero plans to sell/trade it... and even as I write this, I might regret it for the gas mileage alone, but I want something that fits more of my style.

I have a 94 Honda Accord EX sedan. It can be tagged historic. Cheaper tags and cheaper insurance. It's an Automatic. Base traffic almost requires an automatic! It comes with power SUNROOF (works flawlessly with ZERO leaks!), power windows, locks, REMOTE START (Awesome in the winter!), A/C, Heat, Cruise Control (works perfect), and A LOT of new parts. I've spent around $2000+ in the past 2 years I've owned it to keep it daily drivable and reliable. Has never let me down. I also have a 1 inch binder full of receipts and records dating back to 2003. I bought it with 241,XXX miles ONLY because of the extensive maintenance history the previous owner had on it. He kept up on the maintenance regularly with tons of paperwork to prove it. It has a good bit of miles on her (256,500 miles now), but I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car on a moment's notice across the country. Runs like a sewing machine. Honda, one of the few manufacturers that I would trust with this many miles besides a diesel! Research the F22B1 motor. It's stout and lasts a long time if properly cared for.

On to the good stuff.

THE GOOD, BRAND NEW:

Lower Ball Joints - July 2014
Outer Tie Rods - July 2014
Passenger side axle - July 2014
Both Front wheel bearings - July 2014
Passenger side hub replaced - July 2014
KYB GR-2 Shocks/Struts - June 2014
Skunk2 coilover kit - June 2014
Falcon Steering end link bushing kit - June 2014
Brand New SS cat back exhaust with slightly used RSX-S factory Honda muffler. Still as quiet as stock but looks better IMO - May 2014
F/R C/S rotors - June 2014
F/R pads - June 2014
Rotor-over-hub (ROH) swap - For those of you not familiar, it makes it so that you can change your brakes with ease yourself as the factory Accord brakes were Hub-Over-Rotor (HOR). Research it, a royal pain in the butt. - June 2014
Prelude Calipers and brake lines (Better than Accords) - June 2014
4 wheel alignment after suspension replacement. Zeroed the toe. - June 2014

MORE GOOD, KIND OF NEW:

Brand New Battery - Oct 2012
Brand New Radiator with coolant flush - Nov 2012
New Tires - 2012
AEM intake with AEM cone filter - Nov 2012
NGK plugs - Feb 2013
Spark plug wires (can't remember brand)- Feb 2013
Newer taillights - Nov 2012
Brand new front turn signals - May 2014
6000K Xentec HID's - Nov 2012
New Transmission from AAMCO - 2005 (Serviced regularly) Also have 3qts of Honda ATF for a fluid change when needed.
New Bridgestone Tires - 2012
Cleanly run 12" MTX Thunder Sub with MTX Amp. Nice sound, nothing obnoxious. Just for a little better listening pleasure. Will keep it in if it sweetens the deal.
Front Camber kit - Not installed, have it for buyer

FIXES:

Speedo/Trip fix - common issue.
Main relay fix - starts every time.
IACV/FITV Delete - Fixed the bouncy idle. This mod does cause the RPM's to drop some when a load is put on the engine i.e. A/C. The A/C still works flawlessly, just need to watch RPM's if A/C is applied while stopped. In motion, does not affect anything at all. I know, kind of ghetto, but worth it instead of paying $200+ for another IACV to go bad in a few years. I've been driving like this for 2 summers now.
EGR ports cleaned
TB/IM/Plenum cleaned
Injector O-rings replaced
Rear Camber mod with longer bolts and washers. Does the trick.

THINGS TO MENTION:

Paint isn't the best. It's not horrible by any means but the paint is faded/peeling/chipping (mainly hood, roof, trunk) but nothing horrible, and 2 minor rust bubble spots over rear wheel wells (infamous Honda issue), again nothing horrible. NO other rust AT ALL. There are a few small dents but no mangled panels or wrinkles anywhere. Never been in an accident. It used to have a factory spoiler, but it was in bad shape and blocked my view out of the rear window so I removed it. The holes are directly over the drain area of the trunk so water doesn't go inside of the trunk. Driver's side window works, but needs some help going up. All others work fine. The ABS is not in use. The ABS module was on its way out (making the whirring noise on start-up) and after I researched it, I wasn't forking out the ridiculous amounts of money to replace it. The brakes work perfectly fine with the ABS fuse pulled. The ABS light is on, but the brakes work flawlessly. I've driven like this for over a year without one single gripe. I've had to slam on the brakes multiple times and this car stops on a dime even more-so with the new brake set-up. Just want to mention it though! Valve cover gasket might need replacing in the future. Slight oil dripping out. No other leaks anywhere! Does not burn oil one bit! Headlights are hazed up but the HID's help with light output.

The interior has normal wear and tear for a 20yr old car. It's not gross or smelly. There are some stains on the light blue fabric, but it would clean up nice with a good steam clean. All original Accord floor mats are included too. I normally steam clean any vehicle I purchase, but I didn't touch this one with the exception of vacuuming it and wiping it down with Lysol wipes. I didn't care too much since it wasn't bad. Everything is there and intact, but it could use a decent cleaning. It gets me around and to work and back. It's no trophy winner, but there are no cuts or tears. 2 cig burns, again from previous ownership, I don't smoke. 1 on driver's seat and 1 on driver door panel. Nothing horrible, someone was just learning how to smoke I guess. IT DOESN'T SMELL AT ALL. Again, just want to mention EVERYTHING.

WHAT IT NEEDS RIGHT NOW:

Cracked windshield from this past winter - "V" shape kind of in the center of windshield. Never bothered me enough to replace.

SUMMARY:

The car starts every single time with zero issues. It gets 26-32 MPG's depending on driving habits. Takes $40-$45 to fill up and lasts a few weeks depending on how long your commute is and how often you drive it. It's an older but healthy and reliable Honda that's built to last. With the exception of the things mentioned above, it's a solid DD and will go many more miles. I've addressed a lot of the known issues already. Fun and good looking DD. I'm reluctant on even getting rid of it for the gas mileage alone, but I'm looking for something more my style and fun. Clean and clear title ready to be signed over.

Please feel free to ask any questions and let me know if there is any interest of trading. I try to be as honest as I can and I have nothing to hide

Text for quicker response. Thanks in advance,

-Tom

240-434-3054

Pictures:

Last edited by BOOM_FIST; 10-22-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:33 PM
shiny metal ass

TurboTASTIC TurboTASTIC TurboTASTIC TurboTASTIC TurboTASTIC TurboTASTIC TurboTASTIC TurboTASTIC TurboTASTIC TurboTASTIC TurboTASTIC
Default Re: 1994 Honda Accord EX - Skunk2/KYB/ROH/RSX-S - Daily Commuter - Reliable

Very informative thread looks like a great daily glwt
Old 07-01-2014, 02:44 AM
Twinkie Assassin

Default Re: 1994 Honda Accord EX - Skunk2/KYB/ROH/RSX-S - Daily Commuter - Reliable

Originally Posted by TurboTASTIC
Very informative thread looks like a great daily glwt
Appreciate it. I have nothing to hide and there's nothing more annoying than seeing 2 sentence threads with 1 picture. The only reason I bought this car with 243K miles is because of the recorded history on it. It was maintained very well and runs like a champ with 255K miles now. I drive her every day.

1st of the month BUMP!

If the trade is right, I will throw in a very clean set of 15x7 Mustang Turbine wheels with center caps, IF...they don't sell first. They're listed for sale on CL and I'm about to put them on here under the wheels section. I know these wheels are not everyone's taste, but I was planning on getting them drilled to 4x114.3 to fit the Accord. I personally love this style wheel and who has ever seen an Accord rocking Mustang Turbine wheels!?!? The offset is perfect IMO. +24 will bring the wheels out some so you won't have such a "sunken in" look with the factory +50. The wheels are super clean with very minor scuffs and scratches. They'll clean up nice and look even better if someone wrapped them in some 195/50's or even 185/50's for a mini-stretched look.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:23 AM
Twinkie Assassin

HUMP DAY BUMP.

I'm feeling a Wrangler right now! Would still love an older truck, but I want me a Wrangler! Offer some trades up!
Old 07-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Twinkie Assassin

BUMP

Trade for Extended Cab Trucks, older Crew Cab trucks, older diesel Suburbans maybe, older Wrangler....
Old 07-08-2014, 02:42 AM
Twinkie Assassin

UP

Updated thread: BRAND NEW Lower Ball Joints, Outer Tie Rods, Front wheel bearings, Passenger side axle DONE. ALL NEW. ADDED INTO MY THREAD. Will have a re-alignment done by the end of this week.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Twinkie Assassin

HUMP

I need something with some towing capacity. Might be getting a boat soon.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:17 AM
Twinkie Assassin

Hmmmm.....I've been eyeballin some full size Blazers, Jimmy's, K5's, and Bronco's too. I love the idea of a removable top. A/C preferred so the old lady doesn't complain! Older diesel Jimmy's are in my crosshairs....anyone got one to trade? Older Military Blazers???
Old 07-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Twinkie Assassin

Just got the car back yesterday from getting brand new wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods, and axle.

I will be getting it re-aligned today and possilby getting the tires re-balanced. Strong daily commuter with TONS of Brand New parts to keep it going another 100k miles easy.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:30 AM
Twinkie Assassin

Fresh Transmission Drain and Fill yesterday. Honda ATF DW-1.