Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

OK something's got to give.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Anal hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal
Default Re: OK something's got to give.

Originally Posted by jgrknot
TBH people leave this place because it blows. The only reason this place gets revenue anymore is because of FS, so once you tards finish running them off it'll die anyways.
Good then I can purchase it at a super low rate and run it the way I want to.
Cheers!
Old 10-13-2014, 03:07 PM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

Originally Posted by JacKaL
Good then I can purchase it at a super low rate and run it the way I want to.
Cheers!
with ten dickriders and not enough revenue to keep it running? good luck
Old 10-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

Lol.
There's like 25 now, and I'd make people pay to post. I'd also make them abide by the rules or suffer the consequences.
I'd also give all the OGs that still actively post free range as far as language, and telling people to eat a dick when they get out of line. Im sure if do just fine with advertisements I won't make any money off of it or anything, and I'm not saying it will go back to what it once was but I can handle a server host fee. I like this community and I think it's capable of doing some really cool thing provided a few things change. I'm willing to bet if it was ran the way I wanted to see it run we wouldn't be discussing this or even have a thread dedicated to it.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

i like "no patron, no classifieds" but that isn`t the core issue i suppose. It`s getting people out of the classifieds and into other threads.

Need more activity in the rest of the forum, otherwise just rename the place VaHondaTrader.com
Old 10-13-2014, 04:05 PM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

Originally Posted by Mr White
i like "no patron, no classifieds" but that isn`t the core issue i suppose. It`s getting people out of the classifieds and into other threads.

Need more activity in the rest of the forum, otherwise just rename the place VaHondaTrader.com
i also like the idea of making them donate to post elsewhere
Old 10-13-2014, 04:57 PM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

Originally Posted by JacKaL
Fuck that what ever happened to quality over quantity? I'd rather have 10 insightful funny members that post useful, interesting stories, and actually add relevant content than 10k dipshits like the ones we've "run off".
Yeah, but those 10 insightful funny members aren't bringing in revenue for the site.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:29 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by 92_SR20

Yeah, but those 10 insightful funny members aren't bringing in revenue for the site.

This.

I wish this site would go up for sale may be worth buying just to, you know, bring back darg just a pinch.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:10 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

go look at a site like pirate4x4.com and see how their general chit chat section is ran.

The sites that allow their members to effectively bitch with one another all day with out mamby pamby moderators hovering over them like police will allow people to enjoy their day of bitching.

Their n-word is used by a Mr.T icon. As long as you are not posting info that isn't public knowledge (bank accounts, ssn, etc) you can pretty much talk about whatever.

That site has lost some traction because they sold the site and have lost some interest. But on average over they have hundreds of members on at any time.

VaDriven was run on the off-topic section and SPO. Those were the two big forums. Over moderating took that away.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:12 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
if only we could return to those days i remember when a thread could hit 15 pages in a matter of minutes when stupid shit popped up

EDIT: https://www.vadriven.com/forums/off-...tic-rice-4462/

read this thread, THESE morons are the exact reason we NEED to run people off
Ahh, yes.... Back when some feared Reloaded, I got a perma-ban from Jay (thanks sung) and this place actually had a decent user base. Then came the care bear BS that was the death of what made this place so great....

Now, we get kids who think they can troll and know what's best for this site with a 2013 join date. Sadly, the FS forum is the only thing generating decent traffic for this site, nothing in OT is really worth a shit these days.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:58 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by -JB-
VaDriven was run on the off-topic section and SPO. Those were the two big forums. Over moderating took that away.
We've almost never moderated anything in SPO, and still don't.

Quick Reply: OK something's got to give.