Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

OK something's got to give.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:53 PM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: OK something's got to give.

We used to have a trial member phase. a 30 day time period where users couldnt post in the classifieds. They were forced to contrubite to the site before advertising thier shit here.

I've ben pushing for them to bring that back forever but nobody seems to want to listen.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:23 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
We used to have a trial member phase. a 30 day time period where users couldnt post in the classifieds. They were forced to contrubite to the site before advertising thier shit here.

I've ben pushing for them to bring that back forever but nobody seems to want to listen.
Because this site is ran by non-americans and Obama and guiboi supporters.

Cheers,

ROBB M
Old 10-10-2014, 02:38 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by MS3
Who knows. They could've posted shit a week after they joined that would've made your balls drop, but because he drove a certain car, or autocorrect fucked up spelling, or some other dumbass thing happened in his thread, we won't know. I like most everyone on this forum for one reason or another, one run in or another, but purposely singling someone out because of something they said, spelled wrong, or whatever, just to run them off, does that make you any better than the classified junkies? All I'm saying, lay off. Give them a week or two, or hell, another post after their first to decide if they deserve to be ran off. Give some slack, have patience.
Look at my sig. Does that look like "autocorrect fucking up"? I disagree with your statement in general, in that we have cut the bashing way back since the last crack down on it. Furthermore, we tend to keep the bashing mostly to scumbags who are known scammers or at the very least, have posted their shit for an extremely unacceptable price. Stupid, silly, ignorant people are one thing. I don't want scammers or rip off artists ruining this site period. Also, if you look at all of the threads that are bashed compared to all of the threads posted, I would say the percentage that we bash is in single digits. If you notice, we have been less unkind, and more helpful to people who are quite frankly, too lazy to read the rules before they post.

I like the 30 day idea, most other forums have it. 30 days and 5 meaningful posts before classifieds would be nice. If I have to do it to be allowed to sell a part to a car I will never own and don't have any knowledge or interest in, on NASIOC, or to sell my Z parts on 240SX sites, I don't think it is an unreasonable requirement for a forum that all sorts of car owners frequent.

Really what we need is more content. There are tons of cool threads that haven't been bumped in years that could legitimately come back and hopefully generate interest. More events posted would be nice too. Of course, I'm guilty myself because I don't post enough of this stuff so there's that. It could also be a chicken/egg situation where new members would generate more posts but there need to be more interesting posts to attract more new members.

Last edited by Yardjass; 10-10-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:08 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by Yardjass

Really what we need is more content. There are tons of cool threads that haven't been bumped in years that could legitimately come back and hopefully generate interest. More events posted would be nice too. Of course, I'm guilty myself because I don't post enough of this stuff so there's that. It could also be a chicken/egg situation where new members would generate more posts but there need to be more interesting posts to attract more new members.
This.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:50 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch

I've been pushing for them to bring that back forever but nobody seems to want to listen.
I remember that, it was 30 days, and they had to post meaningful posts

Last edited by NasTHatch; 10-10-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

You're going to have 5x the bullshit stupid posts so they get the count up.

That didn't work then and it won't work now.

No set number of post just the 30 day trial, if they post stupid shit ban hammer.
But at the same time they aren't going to stick around if they have to wait 30 days to hawk some valve covers and rep wheels.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:36 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

This is fucking funny
Old 10-11-2014, 07:33 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

some old shitty integra forum i used to be on had a trial period. you had to have 7 posts approved by mods in non classified threads before you could actively post and have full permissions.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

What we need is this.
A seperate forum. Newbies interested in becoming part of the site.
Introduction threads only. You come in state your name, interests, and why you're here.
You instaban anyone who doesn't read a single word and just makes it a FS post.
That gives everyone an idea of what kinda person they are. We could elect a commitee of reasonably sound individuals
To moderate that section and they could decide wether to give full access or not. If they are bots, idiots, or just trolls, they become restricted use members.
Thoughts?
Old 10-11-2014, 10:46 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by JacKaL
You're going to have 5x the bullshit stupid posts so they get the count up.

That didn't work then and it won't work now.
Beat me to it, we got rid of it for a reason. It ended up being way to much extra work and didn't even do what it was supposed to.

Quick Reply: OK something's got to give.