Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

OK something's got to give.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:25 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: OK something's got to give.

Originally Posted by Heat
Oh and a sub forum dedicated to Paul Walker would be a nice addition too....
we tried that for a week or so.

It just crashed and burned.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Originally Posted by Heat
TL;DR
I still say charging for classified access sounds good, trolling is just part of the internet and fuck going out on big Vadrag meat spins. Too old for that sort of dumb shit.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Originally Posted by Mr White
I still say charging for classified access sounds good, trolling is just part of the internet and fuck going out on big Vadrag meat spins. Too old for that sort of dumb shit.
With that attitude it will be dumb, if done properly, it can be a good time.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:56 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

I disagree with charging for classifieds. Why would anybody sell shit on here when they can do it on CL and other forums for free?
Old 10-18-2014, 01:57 PM
buzzkillington

king TUT is infamous around these partsking TUT is infamous around these partsking TUT is infamous around these partsking TUT is infamous around these partsking TUT is infamous around these partsking TUT is infamous around these partsking TUT is infamous around these partsking TUT is infamous around these partsking TUT is infamous around these partsking TUT is infamous around these partsking TUT is infamous around these parts

Less rep legion guarantees more new members

BAN THEM ALL
Old 10-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
Yes they will.

VAdriven is a hondafaggots best tool for selling shit. Why do you think there are 200 something guests? beacuse all they do is browse the forums, find what they need, register to PM the guy and thats it.

Disable PM's for 30 days. NO classifieds postings OR comments for 30 days. HIDE the classifieds section so the gneral public CANNOT view it without registering I am on several forums like that.

How would it get any worse than it is now?
Still the best solution I've seen

Originally Posted by king TUT
BAN THEM ALL
No it doesn't fipshit we weren't around prior to 2014 and this has been a problem since long before you ever heard of the site.

Last edited by JacKal; 10-18-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:45 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by king TUT

BAN THEM ALL
Oh hey boo!

I'd like to see a breakdown of new members since the negreplegion was founded, compared with how many we have run off and how many are FS only fags or no longer post for other reasons. I think you will find the percent that we have run off is very, very small and they're all fuckheads anyway.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

If you`re going to make it so that new members can`t use classified or pm for 30 days then you need to also make it a classifieds rule that you CANNOT post your phone number in the for sale ad. Other wise it won`t do any good if the ad just says "txt for more info" etc.

And posting numbers with text would need to be a offense worth infraction.

example: Eighto4-55five-fourty3sixty
Old 10-19-2014, 06:06 AM
Unregistered Member

Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis.

I think just hiding classifieds from guests is a good start. The classifieds were always and still are a big part of this forum. But if you have 200 guests who can freely browse the threads and contact most owners from the number, then they have no reason to join.

I haven't been posting much either, completely tired of the non stop bashing in every thread. It's entertaining for a bit but in all honesty every person is run off. This used to be a good place, and I caught really only the tail end of it but I know older people that were on it sooner. Just as Heat said earlier, if you were into cars and modified them then you were a member here. That's how everyone kept up with each other. Now if you have a modified car, unless its something really nice to begin with, you get flamed.

The times have changed though. Street racing, modding your cars, or more specifically the thoughts around it have all changed dramatically since when this site was in its prime.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:05 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

In regards to the Classifieds, I like some of the ideas put together.

On any other site I'm a part of, if you are viewing as a guest, the Classifieds section doesn't even show...it's a hidden forum. You can only see it is a forum when you register as a member, but then in order to post there are STRICT guidelines that must be followed.

On the golf forums, you have to have 75 posts, which are all approved by a moderator, before you can make a classified thread (including a WTB). Not only that, but you have a FIVE POST MAXIMUM per day, so you cannot just go respond to any/every open thread to get post count up.

On the other car forums, you had to have a picture for EVERY part you were selling. Not only that, you had to have a piece of paper with your username and the date of thread creation, or it was IMMEDIATELY closed. I have noticed our FS Section has gotten a little more tidy (DonkeyPunch, you are good about the wheels section in particular) in regards to having pictures to reflect what is being sold.

We all know people come to this forum because it is an area specific forum (Virginia) for auto enthusiasts. Other enthusiasts look at that and go, "Man I bet I can get parts on there...quickly...and cheap" so they flock in.

Make them stay. Suggestions being:
1. Make a "after registration, before you can view" area...
- There is a SINGLE subtopic, that has the rules of use and expectations of user polices
- In order to get full view, there is a "test" they need to pass on the rules (this is a simple feature...seen it on many sites)

2. ALL NEW MEMBERS are required to make an "Introduction" Post in an "Site Introduction" Thread.
- This can't just be "Ay man dis Jayquan I got a 2000 EK w/ swap." It needs to be well written and thought out.
* Having this will give the Moderators a quick idea of the intellect of the new user

3. Must have 75 Posts before creating OR responding to a FS Thread, with a maximum of 5 Posts Per Day
- Private Messaging disabled in this same timeframe
- Disable viewing of Profiles for same timeframe (to avoid email addresses and other forms of communication)

4. Encourage the build threads again. I can't tell you how many people (Honda guys) actually really use good parts, and put great time into their builds. This isn't Honda-Tech sure...but people like to show their work and not get flamed for it. Sure, we all love a "Watch me hacksaw my Z06 top off" Cobra4B thread, or a "I fucked my bosses wife with my crooked dick" thread...but let's start small. There is nothing an automotive enthusiast likes more than a good old fashioned build thread...regardless of the content.

The majority of the people who were on here in the early 2000's are grown up, and have no reason to come in here. It's teens and early-20 somethings fucking around and trolling. The majority of us are on here at work just perusing through...not posting.

Just a thought.

Quick Reply: OK something's got to give.