Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L Sport (5-speed, 33's, full doors)

Old 02-25-2012, 12:50 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default 1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L Sport (5-speed, 33's, full doors)

Name: Adam

Means of contact: PM or reply to this thread

Price: $8000

So, I had the Jeep up for sale quite some time ago and I had since talked myself out of it. It has been a lot of fun, and I'm still up in the air about moving on to something else, but it's now being seriously considered again and I will entertain offers and trades. In June, I will have had it for three years. I've dumped a good portion of money into it, and I've had a lot of fun in the process. I'm in no hurry to sell, nor am I desperate for money or a trade. Please consider that before you offer me something silly--whether it be an insanely low amount of money, or something that I'm clearly stating that I'm not interested in. I don't want your swapped Honda Civic/Integra/Accord/240SX. I'm not a teenage boy racer, and I'm not looking for anything like that.

I will list all modifications that come to mind, and I will likely leave something out, but I'm doing this off of the top of my head and spur of the moment.

-33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar on black Pacer D-Window style steel wheels. They've done amazing in all conditions, and I've had them rotated pretty regularly. I love these tires, and have suggested them to countless people. It's sitting on a 2" budget boost.

-Rampage frameless/bowless soft top replacement. It's the heavier/thicker sailcloth material with the dark tinted rear windows. If you remove the windows, the top becomes a safari top, and has a storage bag built in to contain the windows for storage on long trips. I bought the top about a year ago, and also added a Smittybilt tonneau cover for what I believe to be the ultimate summer setup! It keeps the rear dry, and since there's no air conditioning in most of the TJ's out there, including mine, it allows all the airflow you could want while keeping you and your gear dry. I love it!

-It does have the full hard doors. I had the windows tinted to match the tinted plastic rear windows. Off of the top of my head, I forget if they're 15% or 20% but they do match the rear quite well.

-The audio setup consists of a Kenwood KDC-X993 Excelon headunit with bluetooth functionality and I have the USB/aux cables routed into the glovebox. I've moved on from cd's and don't particularly care for iPod's, but what I do is use thumb drives for storage and I can swap out 16gb thumb drives as much as I like, and it's easy to access and control. The headunit is top notch, to say the least! I have Alpine Type-R's in the dash, and Kicker 6.5's in the sound bar. It's not exactly my ideal audiophile setup, but it's hard to get great sound out of a Wrangler without really going all out, so this does the job and it's not really at risk of being stolen if you leave the doors or top off somewhere. That's why I haven't added a JL W7 to the mix as of yet...

-It has AtoZ Fabrication front and rear steel bumpers, and tubular rock sliders on the side.

-It has a Poweraid throttle body spacer, which is essentially useless, but I haven't bothered removing it since I've owned it. It's also equipped with a K&N panel filter in the stock airbox, and a Flowmaster exhaust.

-Had an issue with a chipped tooth on the spider gear a year and a half or so ago so I was fortunate enough to get another D35 rear end from a friend of mine and replace the whole thing instead of rebuilding. Ideally I would have upgraded to an 8.8 or D44 at the time, but it was just out of the question. The gear ratio is still (unfortunately) 3.07. It's not ideal for 33" tires, but it does the job. If I keep it, I will eventually regear to 4.56 and change the rear out but I don't even like thinking about those kinds of numbers! lol

-The interior of the tub is RhinoLined and textured, and the drain plugs have been removed. A little water in the interior isn't going to hurt the inside of this thing should you get caught in a storm!

-I've replaced the dash bulbs with blue LED's to get rid of the ugly pale yellow/green/white stock gauge colors. SuperBrightLED's ftw.

-The seats do show signs of wear as they usually do. The stitching commonly gives out where the seat covers are sewn together, especially on lifted Jeep's where you're putting stress on the stitching when you climb in at an awkward angle. I do have red and black neoprene seat covers that will come with it if you want them, but I haven't had them on in quite some time. For me, personally, they get too hot in warm weather and seem to retain water rather than repel. Whatever, you can have them or I can trash them. You can get replacement seats pretty cheap, or even better--get aftermarket suspension seats if you're serious about spending some time behind the wheel!

-Had mirror relocators on it so you can keep the mirrors on when you take the doors off. I put the passenger side mirror back on the door as it's otherwise difficult to see out of if it's on the windshield frame (a-pillar I guess?) with the door on, especially in bad weather... so what I did was basically stagger the mirrors. The driver side mirror is easy to see out of relocated, so I left it on the windshield frame, and it stays on the Jeep when the doors are on or off. This way you're in compliance with the law on the street, and above all of that you can see what's going on around you.

-I had the windshield replaced shortly after buying the Jeep. It had a minor crack in it when I bought it, which is why I went ahead and replaced it.

-We recently put new brakes on the front, flushed/changed diff fluid in front and rear, changed the oil, and inspected the transfer case. Everything's good to go, and it'll take you anywhere! I replaced the throttle position sensor about 8 or 9 months ago and have also since added a 400 watt inverter under the hood in the event that you have a need for more significant amounts of juice for whatever you're doing--camping, powering tools or air pumps, etc.

That's all I can think of, but there's nothing to hide. I'll be as straight forward as I'm able to about it. It's a Jeep. It's not a Lexus. It doesn't have air conditioning (a somewhat rare factory option), doesn't ride like a Cadillac, doesn't get the gas mileage of a Prius, and the paint is not by any means in new condition. It will, however, take you anywhere you want to go in an almost effortless fashion. I had a lot of fun with it this past weekend in the snow, and it never hesitated to charge right through whatever I could throw at it. Especially in the summer, there's nothing like driving a Wrangler with the doors and top off in any weather. You will get compliments regularly, people will turn heads, and you'll be all smiles when you notice people going out of their way to check it out. I do! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Again, please remember what I said about what I said I do not want in an effort to not waste your time, or mine.

Pictures:

doorless, safari top... tonneau cover. summer mode!

it cleans up well actually!

fresh window tint

window tint and MTR+K's.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: 1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L Sport (5-speed, 33's, full doors)

doors on, windows up, tonneau/safari combo

Old 02-26-2012, 10:28 AM
The Rotary MadMax

labman has disabled reputation

What changed between your last ad and this one?

What's miles at now? Was at 145k.
What caused price to go up?
Old 02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by labman
What changed between your last ad and this one?

What's miles at now? Was at 145k.
What caused price to go up?
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe the difference between the old ad and the new one are: new top, new tonneau cover, LED interior lights, tinted windows, new Goodyear MTR/K's which were almost $1100 with lifetime rotation and re-balance... I could be mistaken, but I believe that's all changed since my last ad. I had decided not to get rid of it, and now I'm opening my mind back up about possibly moving on for the time being.

Also, as for mileage, I believe it's under 155k but that's kind of vague and I can't be certain without checking. I'll try to remember to look when I get out of the car after I get home from dinner tonight. As I said before, this isn't a stretched wheelbase Jeep on D60's or anything but it's also capable of daily driving and going virtually anywhere you want to go.

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 03-03-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:08 AM
wub wub wub wub

Looking to switch things up a little bit. What's out there?
Old 03-05-2012, 03:52 PM
wub wub wub wub

Bump!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

shawns881 has disabled reputation

00 BMW 323i Black with black leather 5spd 19" 5zigens
Old 03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
wub wub wub wub

Bump! The windows and doors are off today! Might change my mind again
Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 PM
oh no the REDBOX !!!

coup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these parts

2000 cherokee sport on 31s ?? If interested lmk and I can get more details
Old 03-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

iwantAdollar iwantAdollar iwantAdollar iwantAdollar iwantAdollar iwantAdollar iwantAdollar iwantAdollar iwantAdollar iwantAdollar iwantAdollar

Damn, too bad it has a d35 in the rear. I would be all over it if it had a 44

Quick Reply: 1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L Sport (5-speed, 33's, full doors)