Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 07-11-2011, 05:23 AM
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by Real Random
Holy jeez!
Glad you are alright for the most part
That is a testament on the importance of being geared up anytime you ride.
Maybe if your write one of thos motorcycle magazines you could get new gear for free? Especially if you have a pic of the stupid deer
+1 on this.

I had a similer experience last october, came out from the girls place, not 1/4 down the road and a doe was running next to me. Next second I look out of the left corner of my lid and a freaking buck had his horns down charging right from my front wheel. I hit the brakes, missed him, but lost my focus on the turn I was in and ended up in the ditch left side down. It was a miracle I stopped in time in the first place.

Glad you are ok man, that looks nuts.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:44 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

nice A* boots dude. I have the same ones and they are fucking money.
Glad to see that you're alright, sorry about your gear.

does insurance cover stuff like gear? IT SHOULD.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:51 AM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

thanks for the well wishes guys.. damn i am even more sore as hell today! i checked with my insurance, and they said they could reimburse me for the cost of buying a helmet. as for my jacket, gloves, jacket, they said they cant do anything
Old 07-11-2011, 08:55 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by fc3spitsfire
thanks for the well wishes guys.. damn i am even more sore as hell today! i checked with my insurance, and they said they could reimburse me for the cost of buying a helmet. as for my jacket, gloves, jacket, they said they cant do anything
That needs to change. Make it a discount to ride with gear and have that insured as well.....I mean, that's an incentive right there for guys to actually wear shit. Less medical damages for the insurance companies to pay out.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by fc3spitsfire
see... this i don't understand...
if you have full coverage then that covers bodily harm in the event of a crash does it not?

i'm pretty sure they'd rather not lose a client due to death from lack of skin
also if i were them i'd rather buy someone a new jacket than 10 rounds of skin grafts
Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor

ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero

Wanted to give you guys first dibs before I make a full for sale section. Owner bought a bunch of fairings and we never remade them. Basically what I have are original sets off some bikes or straight from the manufacturers. These are all best offer. If you are local and want to pick them up I might even be able to kick you a free piece or two.

04-05 ZX10r (Race or street kit)
06-07 GSXR 600/750 (Race kit)
06-07 R6 (Race kit)

There are a bunch more for the F4i, older R1's and more, but I need to get an updated list on them. Let me know if you need anything.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:24 PM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

found my would be assassin today...

Old 07-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
nice A* boots dude. I have the same ones and they are fucking money.
Glad to see that you're alright, sorry about your gear.

does insurance cover stuff like gear? IT SHOULD.
Not necessarily. Some companies cover everything, others don't cover anything.

Originally Posted by AfricanChild
That needs to change. Make it a discount to ride with gear and have that insured as well.....I mean, that's an incentive right there for guys to actually wear shit. Less medical damages for the insurance companies to pay out.
Insurance is primarily liability insurance, not medical. Again, some companies offer certain amounts of medical (usually not a replacement for health insurance, but could possibly cover something like x-rays, ambulance ride, or a deductible) and others don't offer anything.

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
see... this i don't understand...
if you have full coverage then that covers bodily harm in the event of a crash does it not?

i'm pretty sure they'd rather not lose a client due to death from lack of skin
also if i were them i'd rather buy someone a new jacket than 10 rounds of skin grafts
Full coverage is a generic term. If your agent uses it, you should find a new one, IMO. Typically "full coverage" is in reference to protecting the vehicle in the event of an at-fault collision accident, and a comprehensive claim (vandalism, theft, etc.).

The bike should be covered under comprehensive coverage if you have it. If you're a good talker, you could really complain to your agent that you're very upset your gear is not covered, and you might be able to get a larger check to cover your bike's damages that you can use to purchase new gear, but that's not a guarantee.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:06 PM
I like grape drank

Originally Posted by ChaserAero
Wanted to give you guys first dibs before I make a full for sale section. Owner bought a bunch of fairings and we never remade them. Basically what I have are original sets off some bikes or straight from the manufacturers. These are all best offer. If you are local and want to pick them up I might even be able to kick you a free piece or two.

04-05 ZX10r (Race or street kit)
06-07 GSXR 600/750 (Race kit)
06-07 R6 (Race kit)

There are a bunch more for the F4i, older R1's and more, but I need to get an updated list on them. Let me know if you need anything.
Throw out anything ducati 999 and I'll drive up there and buy you lunch.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

LoL

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread