You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the VA Driven community today!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jenro's Diner Under Fire

Yardjass is offline Catchin' Zoomies

Jenro's Diner Under Fire

http://www.wavy.com/news/local/va-be...e-family-diner

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - The owner of a Virginia Beach diner is dropping its "car show" identity in an effort to keep its lease.

The 60's music is all that is left of Jenro's Diner's original ambiance. It was once a hangout for classic car enthusiasts, but all of their pictures have been ripped off the walls.

"Everything's happened so fast," said Michael Lambaiso, the owner of Jenro's Diner, as he pulled hundreds of the pictures of classic cars out of drawers.

"The whole wall was covered in all the pictures of these local cars," he said.

Lambaiso's father opened Jenro's in 1979 and his godfather started the car show in 1987. For nearly three decades, the classic cars have pulled into the parking lot on Friday and Saturday nights.

But, they aren't welcome anymore.

Lambaiso received a letter from CentreCorp, the property manager, saying the car shows crowded the parking lot and left litter behind. The property manager works with Jenro's landlord, North American Development Group.

CentreCorp also sent Lambaiso a bill for nearly $7,000 to pay for trash and security fees. He said he will pay it, and stop the car shows, if it means saving the family business.

"We are trying to hold the lease here. I've got two years left on a 15-year lease and I'm the oldest tenant in this shopping center," said Lambaiso. "And it is a father and son thing. It's like building a tree house. Dad and I built this place so there are a lot of childhood memories."

Lambaiso is doing everything he can to separate Jenro's from the cars. He shortened his weekend hours. He is willing to give up his ABC license. And, he even got rid of the car logo he drew for the menu when he was 13 years old.

But, despite the changes, he says CentreCorp is still threatening to end the lease.

The changes have customers scratching their heads.

"I miss the cars on the wall," said Becky Young, a longtime patron. "It just added nostalgia to it."

Young says she will keep coming back for the family feel, if Lambaiso can keep the doors open.

"I just like the family friendliness," she said. "We come in here and they know who you are."

The property manager at CentreCorp did not return an email or call from 10 On Your Side Tuesday.

Lambaiso says there have been no major incidents at any of his car shows. He is looking for a new site to host car enthusiasts in the future.
    To all the neckbeards and noodle armed faggles who go out there and feel the need to do burnouts and/or leave trash all over the place: Act like adults and this would not have happened to this business. Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ik_gsxr View Post
    Slvrspec and yardjass must live together cause look at there post in peoples threads all they do is bash them together if one bashimg the other is helping bash lol poor kids got nothing else to do i guess

I<3Strippers! is offline +RepCarebearCrew

Re: Jenro's Diner Under Fire

This has been going on for a while now, sadly. It sucks that a supporter of the scene is being treated like this. That's why private meets were hosted by Sumospeed to prevent this kind of asshattery.

Pharm0r is offline CrossFit KILLS

Sounds like there is more to the story.

ILLJIM69 is offline Mr. Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
    http://www.wavy.com/news/local/va-be...e-family-diner

To all the neckbeards and noodle armed faggles who go out there and feel the need to do burnouts and/or leave trash all over the place: Act like adults and this would not have happened to this business. Discuss.
    I haven't been in a while (almost two years) but the problem was never the normal people who showed up Saturday afternoons, but it was the younger ricer crowd who showed up as the sun started going down (which is coincidentally when the police also started to show up) with their Hondas and LS swapped shitboxes. It isn't Jenro's fault; have the cops break shit up after all the hot rods and other normal people leave around 6-7pm and there won't be any issues. It was like a nighttime staging areas for dickheads that weren't cool enough for the car wash.
    Man up, sign your rep.

^^^^ this. Even at night there are some decent cars/people there but the faggot count also skyrockets. Funny how when cars went out to race they were always shitboxes with primered panels and LS swaps that were probably bought with pittbull puppies. The cretins driving them are also class acts of course. Hell, half of this alleged "trash" is probably just parts that fell off their shitboxes when they pulled in.

Lay Zee H is offline NBHNC

In the multiple years I was going to the LS1Tech meet where we met in Alexandria, cruised around the beltway, then hung out at the Pentagon parking lot, I can only remember one incident. A guy peeled out in the parking lot of the Pentagon and we were asked to disperse.

Meanwhile, the Hondurr crowd gets kicked out of every Burger King parking lot they show up to.

Connect the dots.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    8===D

Kim Jong Illin' is offline (. )( .) & 8====>

jenro's is a diner?

Heat is offline HAM

its cool yall, everyone is welcome at Home Depot.

just remember if its your first night, you have to race
    98 Honda Civic - Fear the bottle in the back, yeah it's NOS
    11-30-13 Never Forget

Dough_Boy. is offline Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
    ^^^^ this. Even at night there are some decent cars/people there but the faggot count also skyrockets. Funny how when cars went out to race they were always shitboxes with primered panels and LS swaps that were probably bought with pittbull puppies. The cretins driving them are also class acts of course. Hell, half of this alleged "trash" is probably just parts that fell off their shitboxes when they pulled in.
    Weight reduction.

PicovAndropov is offline Flatulence

Quote Originally Posted by Heat View Post
    its cool yall, everyone is welcome at Home Depot.

just remember if its your first night, you have to race
    And you better have nos

And don't even bother bringing your car up there if it doesn't have a park bench, breh.

ILLJIM69 is offline Mr. Sunshine

It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car.

DonkeyPunch is offline Tonight...you.

It's not just Honda kids that fucked this up.

There were domestic guys and import guys alike. Setting up street races, leaving trash, burnouts etc.

Jenro's Diner is offline Registered Member

Hello y'all. Friend us on Facebook so we can keep u updated
    https://www.facebook.com/Jenrosdiner...47873378597780

aftermarket4x4 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ILLJIM69 View Post
    It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car.
    Tell those fags: "Run your CAR ..... not your MOUTH!"

Jenroe's is a VA Beach landmark and I will continue to go there and get their greasy burgers and fries to support them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast