Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Shop to do ES12a industrial install

Old 09-10-2015, 03:33 PM
I got boost!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy Boost has disabled reputation
Default Shop to do ES12a industrial install

I'm doing a killer chiller install and I want to put Enviro Safe industrial 12a refrigerant in. Anyone know of a shop that will do it? Most places don't let you bring your own stuff in.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:18 AM
-RepLegion

Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc
Default Re: Shop to do ES12a industrial install

Being it's illegal/stupid to do so- good luck.
http://www.epa.gov/ozone/snap/refrigerants/hc-12a.html

May hydrocarbon refrigerants be used to replace CFC-12, commonly referred to as "FreonŽ ," in cars?
No. It is illegal to use hydrocarbon refrigerants like HC-12aŽ and DURACOOL 12aŽ as substitutes for CFC-12 in automobile or truck air conditioning under any circumstances.

What is EC-12a and what is its legal status?
Because it has not been submitted for review under the SNAP program, EPA is not aware of EC-12a's chemical composition. EC-12a is not legal to sell or use in any refrigeration or A/C end-use as a substitute for CFC-12 or any other ozone-depleting refrigerant, because it has not been submitted for SNAP review.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:18 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Smokeybear on here knows all about those installs and will hook you up, bruh. PM him for more info. Fuck the law and fight the power \m/ \m/

Last edited by Yardjass; 09-11-2015 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:46 AM
I got boost!

Actually the Enviro Safe brand that I'm using is perfectly legal and is actually safer than 134. I just need a shop that can use the small 6oz cans
Old 09-11-2015, 09:00 AM
-RepLegion

Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc

Originally Posted by Crazy Boost
Actually the Enviro Safe brand that I'm using is perfectly legal and is actually safer than 134. I just need a shop that can use the small 6oz cans
^proof you can't fix stupid
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/enviro...n-refrigerants
Enviro-Safe Refrigerants Agrees to Halt Sales of Unapproved Flammable Hydrocarbon Refrigerants as Direct Replacements for Ozone Depleting Substances

Enviro-Safe Refrigerants Inc. of Pekin, Illinois, has agreed to pay a $300,000 civil penalty and cease marketing and sale of unapproved flammable hydrocarbon refrigerants as substitutes for ozone depleting substances (ODS). ODS are being phased out of production and importation because they deplete the Earth’s stratospheric ozone layer. As part of the United States’ transition away from ODS, the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) Program evaluates and approves substitute refrigerants so that they can safely and legally replace ODS. EPA evaluates these potential substitute refrigerants according to health, safety and environmental criteria. The Clean Air Act addresses ODS and establishes standards and requirements where a substitute for an ODS is sought to be introduced to the marketplace.

According to the two-count complaint, filed simultaneously with the settlement today in the Central District of Illinois, Enviro-Safe allegedly violated Clean Air Act requirements through the marketing and sale of two flammable hydrocarbon refrigerant products, ES 22a and ES 502a, as substitutes for ODS without providing the requisite information to EPA for review and approval. EPA has not approved any flammable hydrocarbon as a replacement for ODS in systems not specifically designed for flammable refrigerants and has warned that use of flammable refrigerants in those systems presents a risk of fire or explosion.

“With this settlement, Enviro-Safe will pay a penalty, stop its nationwide sales of unapproved flammable refrigerants and ozone depleting substances, and notify consumers of potential safety hazards from these products,” said Assistant Attorney General John C. Cruden of the Department of Justice’s Environment and Natural Resources Division. “This civil action illustrates how the requirements of the Clean Air Act guard consumer safety and the health of our environment each and every day.”

“The actions Enviro-Safe will be required to take under this consent decree will protect consumers and the environment from a potentially dangerous product,” said Regional Administrator Susan Hedman of EPA.

In addition to paying a penalty and halting non-compliant sales, the company will also state on the label of any flammable refrigerant, its website and other marketing materials that the refrigerant is “flammable to an open flame or spark” and to “proceed with caution if used in systems designed for non-flammable refrigerants.” Labels must also include any use restrictions for approved substitutes. The company will notify by mail all known past customers that purchased products labeled “ES 12a,” “ES 22a” and “ES 502a” of potential safety hazards associated with such products.
At least you can play the victim card.
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/v...e-refrigerants

The FBI, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - Criminal Investigation Division, and the U.S. Department of Transportation - Office of Inspector General are conducting an investigation into a flammable “refrigerant” sold as Super-Freeze 22a, Super-Freeze12a, Super-Freeze 134a, Enviro-Safe 22a, and R134a. These products have not been submitted to the EPA for review as alternative and accepted refrigerants.

If you have purchased any of the above refrigerants and/or received a letter notification from the FBI, you have been identified as a possible victim who may have unknowingly purchased flammable refrigerant.

This refrigerant product had been marketed as a drop-in replacement, second generation, non-ozone depleting hydrocarbon refrigerant. The target consumers were home owners and do-it yourselfers. The product could be purchased online and over the telephone by anyone; a refrigeration license was not required to make the purchase.

If a flammable refrigerant has been installed into your air conditioning system, call a licensed heating and air conditioning professional, and do not attempt to service the system yourself. If you suspect a leak, call your local fire department immediately. The flammable refrigerants are not believed to contain the “rotten eggs” smell typically associated with liquefied petroleum gas or propane.

EPA has issued a national press release that warns against the use of refrigerant substitutes that pose a fire and explosion risk. More information can be found at: http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress...0!OpenDocument.

The large number of possible victims necessitates that we ask for your assistance in one of the two ways listed below. Any responses are voluntary but will prove useful to our investigation. Completion of the questionnaire would help us further identify you as a victim and greatly help our investigation.

Please complete one of the two following methods bla bla links in link
Or just ignore this and use what amounts to propane to cool your car. I wonder if you'll get a nice NAAAWWSSS blue flame when it goes up.

Last edited by Rosco The Iroc; 09-11-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:33 PM
I got boost!

OK now that that's out the way anyone actually want to answer the original question?
Old 09-11-2015, 02:00 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by Crazy Boost
OK now that that's out the way anyone actually want to answer the original question?
Pretty sure I already answered the original fucking question. You're welcome.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:24 PM
I got boost!

Originally Posted by Yardjass
Pretty sure I already answered the original fucking question. You're welcome.
That you did sir. Thank you for participating in this endeavor.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:54 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Quite literally one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Why not use 134a? It's like 30 a can at advance
Old 09-11-2015, 05:33 PM
I got boost!

I'm installing a killer chiller and this is what's suggested as it drops intercooler temps an additional 15-20 degrees.

Quick Reply: Shop to do ES12a industrial install