Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reckless driving ticket any advice?!

Old 09-06-2015, 04:25 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver
Default Re: Reckless driving ticket any advice?!

lemme start this way, i hate to admit it, but ive had 3 myself. 2 in cars, 1 on motorcycle. (im 23)

take the class, lawyer will make u do it anyway.
as everyone said, get a lawyer
as everyone said, hope u learned ur lesson, idk if i did but i hope so
get speedo calibrated, another cost and might only help you with a mile or 2 per hour but you need all the help you can get
judges will anally rape you
insurance will fuck u dry
if you have a "fast" car, maybe its time to give it up for awhile if u cant behave... not saying u cant get in deep shit in toyota camry (i did) but makes behaving easier.

lucky for me, they were in different cities so i never had to see the same judge twice.

i have a good job now that i have to do some driving for, not much and the job isnt driving, but i have to do some field work, i will not risk my job to have fun on the roads. thats why i now do alot of track days on my motorcycle (its a lot cheaper than doing car track days or i would do those too)

i had a lawyer for all of mine. wouldnt do it any other way. and i can tell you, thats the only reason i still have a license.

insurance is by far where most of your cost will come from, and if you're like me and you like owning more than one vehicle, its even worse (i have 2 cars, 2 motorcycles and an RV being insured all at the same time) i hit myself in the nuts everytime i shell out an insurance check, im not joking.

and dont think you can just not have insurance and get away with it for awhile to avoid cost, then you will get raped even more by dmv and again insurance, carrying an sr22 policy isnt cheap and you have to do it for 36 months if you get caught (ask me how i know)

like i said, i hope ive learned my lesson, and i hope you do earlier than i did.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:55 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by Prelude driver
and dont think you can just not have insurance and get away with it for awhile to avoid cost, then you will get raped even more by dmv and again insurance, carrying an sr22 policy isnt cheap and you have to do it for 36 months if you get caught (ask me how i know)
Can you please elaborate on this part? I've got a car with no engine or trans at the moment. It is registered in VA and I'm paying insurance on it. The DMV makes you sign something saying you would keep it insured but honestly, I'd rather not until it is running again because it is a complete waste. Is this legal and if so, how would I go about doing it?
Old 09-06-2015, 06:09 AM
Registered member

Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver

the dmv does not verify that u have insurance. u can say u do and check that box on the registration form and they wont know until ur in a situation where insurance is needed (getting pulled over and cop asks for insurance card or get in an accident while not having insurance)

if its not on the road, why do u have it registered? as long as its on ur own property (garage/driveway) u dont need it registered and in turn u dont need to carry an insurance policy on it. but if u have to park it on the street then yea, u have to have it registered/insured.

it should be titled in ur name and u still need to pay property taxes on it but it doesnt need registration if its not being driven on public roads, my track/race bike for example is titled in my name but not registered or insured because it doesnt see public roads, only race tracks and it gets trailered whenever its on the street
Old 09-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Originally Posted by Yardjass
Can you please elaborate on this part? I've got a car with no engine or trans at the moment. It is registered in VA and I'm paying insurance on it. The DMV makes you sign something saying you would keep it insured but honestly, I'd rather not until it is running again because it is a complete waste. Is this legal and if so, how would I go about doing it?
If it has tags you need to go turn them in IMMEDIATELY

Any vehicle with tags on record and no insurance will get you fucked. My dad had a perfect record his entire life and is now on sr22 because he took the insurance of his bike for the six months he was trying to sell it. He was incapable of ridinganymore due to health reasons but did not turn the tags in while it sat uninsured.

Now he's paying sr22 rates on a limited income "disability", never had a ticket or accident in his life. He's been fighting with the dmv main office here in Richmond off an on for almost two years now. I think he's just given up at this point.

Please ffs turn in the tags tomorrow if you still have them.

Last edited by Hooch; 09-06-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:58 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by :Hooch:
If it has tags you need to go turn them in IMMEDIATELY

Any vehicle with tags on record and no insurance will get you fucked. My dad had a perfect record his entire life and is now on sr22 because he took the insurance of his bike for the six months he was trying to sell it. He was incapable of ridinganymore due to health reasons but did not turn the tags in while it sat uninsured.

Now he's paying sr22 rates on a limited income "disability", never had a ticket or accident in his life. He's been fighting with the dmv main office here in Richmond off an on for almost two years now. I think he's just given up at this point.

Please ffs turn in the tags tomorrow if you still have them.
my experience has been that they dont verify until theres a reason for them to. as long as no tags, no insurance needed, if u have tags on the vehicle and current registration, better make sure its got state minimum insurance policy
Old 09-06-2015, 08:43 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Oh, it still has tags and I'm still paying insurance. I didn't want some faggot ticketing me for an untagged car in my driveway and I don't think they would give me a title when I bought it unless I registered it. I may have fucked that up though. Either way, I may go turn them in. If I had a running engine ready to drop in, I'd be golden but I'm not gonna have time to deal with that for a while. I actually considered just dropping it off at a shop to rebuild. Still might, or part it out.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

I hope you dont part it out.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:08 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Same.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:22 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by Yardjass
Oh, it still has tags and I'm still paying insurance. I didn't want some faggot ticketing me for an untagged car in my driveway and I don't think they would give me a title when I bought it unless I registered it. I may have fucked that up though. Either way, I may go turn them in. If I had a running engine ready to drop in, I'd be golden but I'm not gonna have time to deal with that for a while. I actually considered just dropping it off at a shop to rebuild. Still might, or part it out.
You can title it and not register. I did it with my bike and my integra way back when.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:43 AM
Registered member

Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine

Thx for the advice on the tags. Trying to sell my vette and let the registration go up.

Quick Reply: Reckless driving ticket any advice?!