Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

my latest video got me thinking... 2015 focus ST or Ecboost Mustang?

Old 06-16-2015, 06:00 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
graynb has disabled reputation
Default my latest video got me thinking... 2015 focus ST or Ecboost Mustang?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFUP6eM5MlA

Thats my latest video on the first 2015 ST we got at my dealership, and when you start stacking it up against a boosted stang. There actually really close cars approached in different styles

fully loaded they both come in around the low 30 grand mark

and performance wise the ST feel quicker till around 3 gear but they cant be far off in speed even with the power difference

which would yall choose? kinda leaning towards the ST, its a bit more playful haha
Old 06-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu
Default Re: my latest video got me thinking... 2015 focus ST or Ecboost Mustang?

for that kinda money I can think of dozens of used cars I'd rather have
save up for the RS if you're going to buy an overpriced Focus
Old 06-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Registered member

Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine
Default Re: my latest video got me thinking... 2015 focus ST or Ecboost Mustang?

Originally Posted by graynb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFUP6eM5MlA

which would yall choose? kinda leaning towards the ST, its a bit more playful haha
I haven't driven the Ecoboost Mustang. I have driven both the Focus ST and Fiesta ST. The Fiesta was funner and offers a similar car for a cheaper price. I drove the Focus ST and 15 GTI back to back and liked the GTI better. I have some seat time inthe Focus ST as I drove one for a week and 600 miles as well. I would think the Mustang would be a better ride and nicer inside and overall a nicer place to be. If the powertrain is similar to the mazdapseed 6 I'd prefer it over the ST. I'm a fan of both as far as exterior styling goes. I prefer the mustangs interior from pics. Fit is always up to you. The options add up quick on the mustang though. All and all I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both offered are good commuters and fun for the weekend or twisty roads. I'd think the used market might be a better option unless you are a techy or want the other rewards of new ownership.

Originally Posted by Niburu
I'd have to agree with you here. At the end of the day the RS is still a Focus. A mid 30k focus isn't appealing to me; nor is a nicely optioned mid 30k 4 cyl mustang. Just curious whats on your list of used cars around that price? Some solid german offerings there. The whole maint issue comes into play however.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 AM
Registered member

Well yea if were talking used market the options can go on forever, I love the 3 series and you could by a nice 335i or even slightly rough around the edges M3 for 30 grand but I was just saying new because working at a dealership I'm always thinking if I could buy it..... would I lol. Plus when the money permits it I like having a warranty behind things so you can just drive the car hard and not worry ..the RS is gonna be a instant hit no doubt, but I am an STI guy and there probably gonna be priced close, might still rock the STI

I like the Ecoboost Mustang but you are giving up rear seats cause there super small back there and the turbo in the stang feel a bit less charismatic then the 2.0 liter in the focus ST
Old 06-16-2015, 12:36 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

This.

New: FRS/BRZ, 370Z, WRX.

Used: Last gen Mustang GT, C5 Z06, C6 base, AP2 S2000, Golf 6 R, STI.

I can't believe they're asking 30 grand for that shit. That's nuts. I think you can still get an Si civic, which is long in the tooth but still the same basic idea, for low 20's.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

^what yardjass says

If I had 30K to blow I'd pick up '99 E36 M3 nad put the remainder in a savings account for upgrades and repairs.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:29 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

If I had 30K to blow I'd pick up '99 E36 M3 nad put the remainder in a savings account for upgrades and repairs.
E36 M3 with LS1 and chassis upgrades, you'd smoke the mustang and that little matchbox car.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Registered member

thats 30 grand fully loaded, so full leather heated recaro seats, heated steering wheel, nav and other stuff some of which you can't get on a new SI, FRS etc, and when u load up a 350z and WRX there in the 30's but the ST starts at like 24-25

plus your getting way more power then am SI and FRS and the same as a WRX
Old 08-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

TheFall TheFall TheFall TheFall TheFall TheFall TheFall TheFall

I have a 2014 Focus ST and it has been fantastic. Power is great, handling is unreal. I test drove a GTI, SI, WRX and an FRS but the ST was far more fun and useful. I would save up for the RS if you are on the fence because that will be insane.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Registered member

Yea I think the Rs could go down as one of those all time really great Fords much the the RS500 did... I really wanna know more about the drift button and what exactly that changes. About time someone added that mode to a car!

how much is it supposed to be? im guessing high 30's

Quick Reply: my latest video got me thinking... 2015 focus ST or Ecboost Mustang?