Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

local miata owners, post pics of your cars

Old 03-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Officially Official

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts
Default Re: local miata owners, post pics of your cars

Originally Posted by Terry@Fortune
Yes there are, metal spacers that are pictured in the pic above.
Once I get the coilover back from Grant I am heading to down to Rspeed and we should get everything straightened out
Terry, if it means anything the bottom side to side "play" was little to none in the "1st gen" set i had.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:14 AM
OCD
miata fag

OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD

Originally Posted by Southwade
hmm... too much stupid?

I might have bought an NC if they looked like that to start with.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:45 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by Mortal_Meerkat
Nooooo the diameter is not fine. Its almost 3 times the size of the stock bolt. Aren't there spacers that come with some of your coils to make up for that?
with a spacer filled in, diameter will be solved, but it does slide side to side prolly a 18th or 16th of a inch, NOT a whole lot of travel side to side
Old 03-04-2011, 05:47 AM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat

22 - yeah that should give it enough room for the spacers, and theyll fit like a glove
Old 03-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Officially Official

Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 22'
with a spacer filled in, diameter will be solved, but it does slide side to side prolly a 18th or 16th of a inch, NOT a whole lot of travel side to side
The early set i had had spacer/sleeves to fit the bolt. without them (the spacer/sleeves) the hole was too big and there was about an 1/8th inch of play on each side.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by 22'
Soooooo

Ding Dong over at R-speed forgot to send me the spacers over. This is why it didn't fit. Grant if you could send me that coil back when you get a chance. I can email you a return label.

I am going down to Atlanta on the 18th and we will test fit and play around with a bunch of different configurations.

We will then put the car on Road Atlanta the 20th and test them baby's out.
That mixed in with a bunch of road driving in downtown atlanta
Old 03-04-2011, 11:33 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Less talk more pics

Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

comegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the rough

have always loved that smurf...that thing is pure sex!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Officially Official

suspension/wheels almost done.

Broken bolt is slowing be down...
Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 PM
V NewYearsResolution

John6363 John6363 John6363 John6363 John6363 John6363 John6363 John6363 John6363 John6363 John6363

So far I have done valve cover gasket, fuel filter with new hoses, brakes and rotors, plugs and wires, trans fluid, diff fluid with LSD additive, oil change, both accessory belts, 3rd brake light, power steering flush, brake fluid flush and bleed, coolant, battery, e-brake tightened, unplugged the door buzzer, glued the instrument cluster bezel for now.

Tomorrow I'm balancing the wheels that were on it until I get my old daisies back from powder coating. I'm also going to make some new brackets at work for the Jackson racing intake on it because it's just sort of sitting in there now. After that it's time to move it outside and clean the engine bay, clean and shampoo the interior, and wash and waz the exterior. Whenever I get a new car I do a good 3-4 hour wax on it, but I've never done before and after pics. I think I will tomorrow, pics to come soon.

I plan on driving it till March 23rd when I will put it back in the garage and put on new racelands and the white powder coated daisies, rear finish panel, instrument cluster bezel, relocate the cig lighter to the center consul and put a garage door opener in its place, timing belt change, vacuum line kit from moss miata, do an alignment at work, voodoo shift knob and e-brake handle, new steering wheel, new soft top brackets, front strut tower bar, and if there is any money left the FM Butterfly brace.

Please PM me if anyone has some of the parts I need for sale.

Quick Reply: local miata owners, post pics of your cars