Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Will my car pass NC or VA state inspection w/o an air bag?

Old 04-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Ultraspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kirill has disabled reputation
Default Re: Will my car pass NC or VA state inspection w/o an air bag?

if u dont have an air-bag..well i mean have it removed ...then im pretty SURE (not 100%) that you have to have racing harnesses in order to pass...if someone else already said that on here sorry i didnt read the WHOLE thread and replies
Old 04-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

I'm told that if you take the airbag out and remove the SRS equipment then it will legally pass inspection.

My car didnt come with airbags so I'm not too well versed on it.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by LoWPRoFiLE
Cobra, can you get a NC lisence plate if you already have a VA one? I live here most of the time in NC during the year, and need one to do modifications.

I'm curious as to why you would want NC plates. NC just like VA requires yearly inspections. Also, judging by your profile it states that you live in Greenville. I guess you probably goto ECU. Anyways, this year NC is introducing emissions inspections into Pitt County I believe. If you are trying to get by emissions, you are going to have to register your car somewhere east of Pitt County. Also, if you believe VA's DMV laws suck, NCs are far worse. For example, a NC Highway Patrol or NC DMV cop can rip your license right then and there on a traffic stop if you were doing 70 or higher on the road. NC has very harsh penalties written into law for traffic offenses. I know people are going to look at me funny when I say this, but in this case, keep ur VA license and ur VA tags.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

954rr has disabled reputation

I am a va inspector and you do not need an airbag (in your'e factory equipped car). However the srs light must be out. Good luck
Old 04-05-2005, 05:25 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

I'm not sure how your guy's cars work, but on the MR-S the airbag puts out a certain amount of electrical resistance. So a resistor that is about the same will trick the car into thinking the airbag is still there, despite the fact that it's not.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:39 AM

Volcom Racing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Fark.... I need one... I'm 6'4" and it'd be really helpful to have a smaller wheel, not to mention the car would feel better.
I know how that is, I'm 6'3 and not even done growing, lmao.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:10 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by subaruboy
yeah except that when you first turn the ignition the srs light is supposed to flash a certain number of time to signal that it's working properly... if the inspector is paying the slightest bit of attention they'll know that it was cut when it doesn't come on at all

Originally Posted by 954rr
I am a va inspector and you do not need an airbag (in your'e factory equipped car). However the srs light must be out. Good luck
Old 04-06-2005, 05:29 AM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FlipLegend
i was just telling you what i was told because i just failed inspection for it last week.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:38 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Depends on where you go. There is more than one place around here that will inspect a car without actually "inspecting" it. You just gotta know who to talk to. For the past three years I have had an inspection decal on my car without a mechanic ever inspecting it....
Old 04-06-2005, 05:39 AM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Depends on where you go. There is more than one place around here that will inspect a car without actually "inspecting" it. You just gotta know who to talk to. For the past three years I have had an inspection decal on my car without a mechanic ever inspecting it....
oh i know i could have got a sticker, i was going legit tho because im giving the car to my sister soon and wanted to know about any problems i missed before i gave it to her

Quick Reply: Will my car pass NC or VA state inspection w/o an air bag?