Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

What broke on your car today?

Old 04-11-2015, 04:29 AM
Indelible Anomaly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon
Default Re: What broke on your car today?

He had 99 problems but he just lost one....

Meh.. I tried.

Fuckin potholes still not fixed around the way... Broke a wheel stud.. Didn't realize till I heard the helicopter sound.. So now I gotta replace em all just to be safe... Would buy whole hub assembly, but I got watermelons to invest in... Spring fest!!!!!
Old 05-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Wife tore a CV joint boot on the way home from work, puked grease all over the cat converter. The cat converter directly under the boot is what caused it I'm pretty sure. I finally rounded up everything I needed from dealerships on a Saturday and tore apart the axle to rebuild it with new grease and new boots. Just need to hit everything with a torque wrench and drive the car to a car wash to get rid of the giant mess under the hood. Damn axle didn't want to come out of the hub, and the damn tripod joint carrier didn't want to slide off the axle splines. Turned a 2 hour job into a 5 hour job.

Now she can drive to work on Monday. Crisis averted.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:22 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Wife tore a CV joint boot on the way home from work, puked grease all over the cat converter. The cat converter directly under the boot is what caused it I'm pretty sure. I finally rounded up everything I needed from dealerships on a Saturday and tore apart the axle to rebuild it with new grease and new boots. Just need to hit everything with a torque wrench and drive the car to a car wash to get rid of the giant mess under the hood. Damn axle didn't want to come out of the hub, and the damn tripod joint carrier didn't want to slide off the axle splines. Turned a 2 hour job into a 5 hour job.

Now she can drive to work on Monday. Crisis averted.
I hope she at least gives you a nice BJ for all of that.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:00 PM

Saviour has disabled reputation

passenger window regulator went out in my 2000 civic today blows.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:09 PM
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec

Originally Posted by Saviour
passenger window regulator went out in my 2000 civic today blows.
No one gives a shit
Old 05-21-2015, 04:52 AM
Eat A Dick

Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff

nothing lol, just waiting for the battery to go in my prius!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Vettes back in the shop (3rd time) for popping the check engine light. Each time it’s been for a VSS code. Its popped total of 4 times. (Last time popped twice within two days) usually goes off in a day and last time it happened I was in ocean city for the weekend. GM has some engineer coming to look at it now. Really a benign code and doesn’t affect on anything but getting annoying. First 3 times came on while regular driving/cruising; once at 450 miles on odo, second at 1600, last two times at ~3300 miles. Last time came on after doing a burnout. . .

[url]https://youtu.be/TrodWymymnY[/url]
Old 06-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Mini cooper axles...fuck um
Old 06-10-2015, 06:53 PM
AaronDavis

AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Vettes back in the shop (3rd time) for popping the check engine light. Each time it’s been for a VSS code. Its popped total of 4 times. (Last time popped twice within two days) usually goes off in a day and last time it happened I was in ocean city for the weekend. GM has some engineer coming to look at it now. Really a benign code and doesn’t affect on anything but getting annoying. First 3 times came on while regular driving/cruising; once at 450 miles on odo, second at 1600, last two times at ~3300 miles. Last time came on after doing a burnout. . .

Did they get this fixed? If not, what year and what's the DTC that's setting?
Old 06-14-2015, 06:51 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by RandomTask

This is normal after a burnout by the way. The vss code comes from a fast change in speed that the ECU thinks is a faulty vss. The burnout is the key, you spin the tires and then push in the clutch, ECU thinks something is wrong because vehicle speed changes so suddenly. It's apparently a well known problem with vettes, especially when taken to the drag strip.

Quick Reply: What broke on your car today?