Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The official DMV question thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:01 AM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: The official DMV question thread

Originally Posted by RoyB93
my license was suspended by the court for a possesion charge for 6 months, i completed an 8 hour driving class and called dmv to make sure they got the certificate of completion, and they told me they did, but they also said it doesnt show that it was suspended on my record, and that if i bring two forms of ID i can get another license. My only question is how legal is this, my suspension isnt over for another 2 months according to the court. But, basically im wondering if i can get away with this.
Yeah, um yer an idiot.

Try it and find out, then report back to us.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

Project "H" has disabled reputation

I think if dmv says its not suspended then your in the clear and if the police pull you over and say your suspened you have a valid copy of your id
Old 03-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

in december my stickers never showed up for my plates so went to the dmv. they told me my plates had been terminated since i got the title switched over from my dads name to mine. which was about 6 or 7 months before this happened. had gotten pulled over about a month or two before my trip to the dmv buy the state trooper never said anything about my plates being terminated or invalid. I'm thinking the dmv just screwed me and wanted my money.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

crzyazn45 has disabled reputation

My car's check engine light wont go away, so i cant pass emission.. and since i have another car to drive I just let my other car sit. My friend has been garaging it for me but he is moving out of his house so I have to figure out a way to register it. I still pay for the insurance but the registration is past due. I was thinking about telling dmv that i garage the car down in Fredericksburg and change the address to my uncle's house. I was wondering if that would be possible and if it'll work. Has anyone something similar to this?

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:59 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Why is there 20 windows at the dmv offices but only 3 open at a time? Fucking bullshit.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Originally Posted by Donkey-Punch
Why is there 20 windows at the dmv offices but only 3 open at a time? Fucking bullshit.
I swear they pull that shit just to piss people off. Its not like they dont have the staffing, they do it because they can, and you cant say shit about it.

I fucking dread having to go in there for stuff.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

mikerod has disabled reputation

whats the price of a title change
Old 04-19-2011, 04:22 AM
Registered Member

Usnguyy1988 Usnguyy1988 Usnguyy1988 Usnguyy1988 Usnguyy1988 Usnguyy1988 Usnguyy1988

10 bucks i think
Old 05-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

I got some dumb questions, I'm a dumb guy, in the stuff I have read nowhere does it say that I need a battery hold down or tie down to pass the inspection. The place that did my inspection failed me for other stuff and slipped in the battery tie down part, not listed on my rejection sticker since there isn't a spot for it. Are they just trying to get a few more bucks off me? Also it says you can pass an inspection with no muffler, although it advises that its illegal to drive without one, could I just take mine off and put it back on after? I am getting one from pick n pull because its pretty worn but I just thought that was weird.

I am assuming you know your inspection stuff from one of the first posts <3
Old 05-02-2011, 03:54 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by ShawnD
I got some dumb questions, I'm a dumb guy, in the stuff I have read nowhere does it say that I need a battery hold down or tie down to pass the inspection. The place that did my inspection failed me for other stuff and slipped in the battery tie down part, not listed on my rejection sticker since there isn't a spot for it. Are they just trying to get a few more bucks off me? Also it says you can pass an inspection with no muffler, although it advises that its illegal to drive without one, could I just take mine off and put it back on after? I am getting one from pick n pull because its pretty worn but I just thought that was weird.

I am assuming you know your inspection stuff from one of the first posts <3
This used to be a rejectable item, and honestly I had to look it up in the new manual to make sure it was removed, cause they had a bulletin that came out back in the late 90's about this.

The inspector may have mentioned it, but it is not a rejectable item, anymore. This happens every now and then, the most common thing that got changed that some people still reject for is the sundshading material with wording or symbols over the windshield, which is no longer rejectable.

Quick Reply: The official DMV question thread