Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Official BMW Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck
Default Re: Official BMW Thread

Originally Posted by MS3
I tried out an M235 out in sterling... And I was in love. I MAY trade my 335i in for one, once I'm down in FL. I just bought a JB4 for my N54, and it'll be here friday, so I'll install it. I'm also going to be running 80/20, 20% e85, and just see how she chooch's. Quiet excited to see how the JB4 increases the life of a mostly stock car, before and after the E85. The new cars with the JB are a lot easier to install, compared to the N54, and N55 from what I've seen.
Have you considered getting the M2, which comes out in a few months? That car is going to be incredible (and will hold its value very well).
Old 08-29-2015, 01:49 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Only on VAdriven does personal experience of a small sample size trump the experience of an actual brand specific repair shop.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:03 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

And another one... check this thread for the story- https://www.vadriven.com/forums/auto...-board-490197/

Old 09-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Only on VAdriven does personal experience of a small sample size trump the experience of an actual brand specific repair shop.
This is why I no longer try to help people on here. My sample size of 180-200 cars a month means diddly-squat.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:57 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Archer
This is why I no longer try to help people on here. My sample size of 180-200 cars a month means diddly-squat.
I get that but looking back through the threads, posting that something is junk without providing any empirical evidence isn't necessarily helpful... I see you tried to explain how it works but in the end anyone reading this thread is still just left with- "yep, it's a piece of shit. Trust me."

I also get that you're trying not to air out your customer's issues... but you're not broadcasting social security numbers here. I think it's within reason that if you have anecdotal evidence to back up your claim that JBs are shit, you could scrub personally identifiable information and just provide technical details without alerting anyone to any specific customer's car...

Sure it's a lot of typing that you probably don't want to get into, but you can't expect people to just reverse everything they've come across to this point just because you said they're junk. You have to provide compelling evidence to "make it stick". If you have said evidence and are withholding it, then you're really not helping anybody. Not even trying to be a dick, it's just truth... and I'm not even considering a JB4 anymore regardless.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

FlyLizards45 has disabled reputation

[IMG]IMG_8964 by Armstrong Ran, on Flickr[/IMG]My 96 m3. 220k

Last edited by FlyLizards45; 12-14-2015 at 04:42 PM.