Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Local Miata owner's discussion thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:50 PM
butter head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hnda klr has disabled reputation
Default Re: Local Miata owner's discussion thread

Originally Posted by shawn22
I just might rejoin this crew with the ND. It has the potential to be everything I want in a miata. Which is nothing. I want nothing in a miata but a seat, a steering wheel, a drivetrain, and a manual cloth top.

Its perfect.
Actually, I bought my miata with that mindset. I drove my boss's car one day, it is a brand new Mercedes and had all the luxury features one could imagine, and I had a terrible time driving it. I'm old school, as long as the car has power steering and power windows I'm good.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:26 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes
so lets say i have blueprints to extended tophats for miatas

and lets also say i make a living as a fabricator and can make these extended tophats and sell them for cheaper than the only other sets are sold for.

would any of you be interested in purchasing a set?
Saturated market for a VERY loyal community. Look at how long it took FortuneAuto to break into the miata market. They made one guy unhappy and he's still saying how they mysteriously didn't fit on his and only his miata.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:07 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by brandini
Saturated market for a VERY loyal community. Look at how long it took FortuneAuto to break into the miata market. They made one guy unhappy and he's still saying how they mysteriously didn't fit on his and only his miata.
i dont own a miata so i dont know the backstory to the fortune auto scenario.

are there other companies besides isc that make extended top hats? ive only seen theirs and my blueprints are for even more extension. 2.5in versus their 1in
Old 10-10-2014, 09:46 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Most other coilovers come with top hats, there are the Flyin' Miata versions as well and that company has won the hearts and minds of the miotter owners. A nice old lady calls a few weeks after you order to ask if everything was great and to bake you cookies.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:15 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by brandini
Most other coilovers come with top hats, there are the Flyin' Miata versions as well and that company has won the hearts and minds of the miotter owners. A nice old lady calls a few weeks after you order to ask if everything was great and to bake you cookies.
Lol. True story. I order from those fags whenever I buy my brother car parts. Them and 949.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

diamond diamond diamond diamond diamond diamond diamond diamond diamond diamond diamond

what would the pricing be like on said extended top hats? suspension travel would be nice again
Old 10-26-2014, 05:26 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by diamond
what would the pricing be like on said extended top hats? suspension travel would be nice again
cheaper than isc. probably around 150 for a set of 4. gonna price material tomorrow and build some for a friend to use when said material comes in
Old 10-31-2014, 05:51 AM
POS 240

slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls slow_ls

I'd be interested in a set
Old 11-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Registered member

colinjacks has disabled reputation

Any one have a hard top that they don't want a ridiculous amount of money for? not worried if it needs to be painted or a little rough.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:56 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by colinjacks
Any one have a hard top that they don't want a ridiculous amount of money for? not worried if it needs to be painted or a little rough.
What do you define as not a ridicouz amount of money? I think the going rate on factory hardtop is pret typical much $800 to $1000 depending on condition, and those are the only hardtops worth getting.

Quick Reply: Local Miata owner's discussion thread