Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Is300 vs tsx?

Old 11-15-2014, 05:00 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these parts
Default Is300 vs tsx?

I'm In the market for a new car and those are the two cars I'm seriously considering. Anyone have experience with either of these cars. What are your opinions? (First gen Tsx)
Old 11-15-2014, 06:03 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by SiFlyBy
I'm In the market for a new car and those are the two cars I'm seriously considering. Anyone have experience with either of these cars. What are your opinions? (First gen Tsx)
I currently own an is300 and I love it,

Basically, do you prefer fwd and good gas mileage or rwd with some luxury?
Old 11-15-2014, 06:17 AM
Unregistered Member

Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis.
Default Re: Is300 vs tsx?

Is300. I had one for about a year before my current car. Loved it. As 4 doors said, the only thing the TSX has going for it is good gas mileage. FWD is boring.

The 2jz is so smooth in low end torque. I wish I still had that motor instead of my v6.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

SiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these partsSiFlyBy is infamous around these parts

Thanks for the replies. I am leaning more towards the is. I've only owned Hondas in the past so the rear wheel drive and straight six are very inticing.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Works on S2000's.

C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory

I have owned both. Well, the wife had them. I really liked the IS. It had 4 doors, but the backseat was virtually useless for people, unless you are 5'6" or less. We had her 06 TSX for 6 years. Really reliable. Not fast by any means, but was a little more useful as a sedan.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:27 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

It would depend on the year for me to be honest.

I've seen those IS300s go 300,000 miles.

But if the IS300 is 5+ years older than the TSX then I'd go with the TSX.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:59 AM
-RepLegion

Blown Blown Blown Blown Blown Blown Blown Blown Blown Blown Blown

I loved my IS300. Had 202k+ miles with no issues whatsoever
Old 11-15-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi

Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be

I've owned my TSX for about 2 years now and its a love/hate relationship. its very reliable, never lets me down and it has 190k. they're notorious for axle problems and other little things. The ride is pretty smooth and there's plenty of room inside. Its not very quick and the drive by wire sucks! (not sure if the IS is DBW). A good friend of mine owns an IS300 and the 2jz and rwd is much more fun to drive. I do feel really cramped sitting in it but I am a big guy
Old 11-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

I appreciate everyone's help. I'm glad to hear good stuff about the is300, I was kinda leaning that way already.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:56 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

I love my tsx. And it get about 35mpg so it's easy on the gas bill...

Plus a tsx is easier to find in manual and not beat to shit than an is300.

Quick Reply: Is300 vs tsx?