Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Four Wheeler OR Dirt Bike HELP

Old 02-07-2003, 11:10 AM
You name it I got it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93foxbody is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Four Wheeler OR Dirt Bike HELP

Im going to get a new Dirt Bike or Four Wheeler brand new got guy said I could have anything they have at Cycle World but lets say 5000-6500. Do you get a dirt bike or a four wheeler??? I dont want to get one then want the other. Ive had a couple dirt bikes in the past but Ive also riden some four wheelers, I just cant make up my mind. What do you guys think and why? I was thinking about the Yamaha Raptor660R, what ever it is it will be a four stroke, not looking to deal with the maintanence(sp).

Where are there places to ride, if any?
Should I even get one, is it a waste of money, will I regret it a mnth after riding it.
Old 02-07-2003, 11:24 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

get a bike. ive had a 4stroke quadrunner, a 4stroke bike and now have two 2stroke bikes (2000 CR125 and a 97 CR250) and prefer the bikes a lot more. there was a place in suffolk to ride called slades but supposedly it got shut down cause a kid got killed. theres a real nice moto-x track in elizabeth city, nc and a few local enduro and moto-x clubs in the 757. the new hondas are sweet, but if you insist on going 4stroke the yzf4(26?) is supposed to be a freakin beast.
Old 02-07-2003, 11:30 AM
You name it I got it

Do you really have problems with 2 stoke reliability, what kind of issues are there with a 2 stroke. Thanks in advance, now the hard part convincing my wife to let me get it. Any advice on that one LOL
Old 02-07-2003, 11:43 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

i havent had any reliability problems with my 2strokes so far. the 125 has kind of a weak factory carbeuretor which is annoying but barely an issue. the 250 runs like new all the time. i run a heavy mix of cam2 and honda racing synthetic by the way. id go with a 2stroke over a 4stroke anyday unless you plan on doing nothing but enduro racing. the 2strokes are just a lot funner and are more 'moto-x' type bikes than the 4s. heh youre not getting the bike unless your wife gets something nice out of it so buy her a necklace right before you go to pick up your bike.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:23 PM
git down on it

judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge

i have a 400 ex with a 480 big bore throttle bodie kit and a fmf pipe. also have a set of 28' vipers. and stock track tires. sand plates and everything. 5,500.00 ohh yea it is a 1999
Old 02-07-2003, 03:31 PM
You name it I got it

I can get a brand new2003 660R Raptor one of the fastest four wheelers avaliable for that with helmet and pads out the door. and thats what Im going to do tomarrow
Old 02-07-2003, 04:06 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

I had a 98' Banshee. Maintainance isnt really that bad, except when you buy parts for the Banshee in particular, remember you are buying parts for 2 cylinders instead of just one. The only additional maintainance to a 2 stroke rather than a 4 is rebuilding the top end.

I am thinking about buying one also, and probably will get a Raptor. The 4 stroke is a great all around fourwheeler, with plenty of ass on the bottom end. Although, nothing rev's like a 2 stroke.

I would get the Raptor myself, since I am brand loyal to Yamaha. I have seen/heard great things about the Kaw's new contendor in the performance ATV Market. I witnessed that stock Kaw absolutely blow away a modded 400EX, modded Warrior, and hold its own with a Raptor (jetted and a pipe).
Old 02-07-2003, 04:20 PM
You name it I got it

Yeh, Ive been looking at the Kaw, but I rode a Warrior for a couple hours and really liked it, so with the Raptor just get a lot more kick. No 2 strokes dont want to rebuild it every year and do all the bull, that Raptor 4 stroke has PLENTY of get up and go, Im not Jeremy Magrafh (sp) Thats plenty for me to get hurt . I talked to my wife and she said NO WAY, So now I dont know what Im going to do. Might have to keep it at my boys house, hes the one with the Warrior. Any body else know of some places to ride.. Thats the other thing is there enough places to ride to justifie the cost. I may have to concider a Kaw, especially for the price, but will see.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:10 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Slades park did close because of a death on the trail. Last I heard, it reopened sometime last year. You have to own property and have a permit to ride on the outer banks now, from some kid killing a wild horse a couple years ago. There is a park that just opened 2 years ago that is on the way to Corolla, right after you get to the NC border. Its a huge piece of land that has a few tracks and trails on it.

Other than those, there should be alot of places to ride in Suffolk, its all on who you know.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:02 PM
In the Head

Way2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these parts

Ive had bikes all my life until, My mean ass neigbors built a house and cut us off from riding on 200 + acres! O well We now have a Polaris 400! Sounds like you made a deal? trade? Anyways I'd prefer the 4-wheeler the fact that the retail seems to stay a little higher if you ever want to sell it!!!

Quick Reply: Four Wheeler OR Dirt Bike HELP