Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Classic Car Laws In Virginia...

Old 11-25-2007, 08:14 PM
RagPhoto.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classic Car Laws In Virginia...

Originally Posted by ritz
Since when?

We own a few vehicles with antique plates and the only thing DMV ever said was we can't drive them over "X" amount of miles per year and a law recently added is that the owners have to submit a notarized certification that the vehicle meets all saftey requirements.

I've never heard of what you're talking about.
+1
Old 11-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

crazyb is an unknown quantity at this point

we sell antique va plates some never issued varying prices hit me up! lol
Old 11-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Registered Member

threeleggedrat has disabled reputation

as a member of VPCCC, which is a local car club council and they have been working with the dmv and state on these laws, most dont know how the law effects antique cars.

If you knew what they had planned from the start you would shudder, once they wanted to crush all pre 81 vehicles. They fought it and damned if they didnt win, for correct info go to the web site, there is CCCHR southside, VPCCC north side, CVCCC central va(richmond), NOVACCC dc, RoanokeCCC.

Dont waste your time calling dmv as most dont know squat yet, by next mabe.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by threeleggedrat
as a member of VPCCC, which is a local car club council and they have been working with the dmv and state on these laws, most dont know how the law effects antique cars.

If you knew what they had planned from the start you would shudder, once they wanted to crush all pre 81 vehicles. They fought it and damned if they didnt win, for correct info go to the web site, there is CCCHR southside, VPCCC north side, CVCCC central va(richmond), NOVACCC dc, RoanokeCCC.

Dont waste your time calling dmv as most dont know squat yet, by next mabe.
I appreciate the help, but due to the fact that this only applies to cars 25 years and older, it does not help me with my quest of importing a R32. I wish 15 years old was the cut off point. You guys need to work on making it 15 years instead of 25
I haven't called DMV yet, but I'm going to call later today as soon as I get home. I have a feeling im going to be on hold for 20 minutes, then I'll just give up haha. We'll see how it goes.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Repeat offender

Stroker-ace is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got antiques on my 83 cougar right now (for the purpose of no more inspections)and I point blank asked the lady at the DMV...

WHEN do they check my mileage and WHAT will happen if I go over the limit?

She had no fucking clue.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Called DMV and they obviously didn't help at all haha. They said that all papers were exactly the same for antique cars... which I didn't ask about. After trying to clear up my question three or for times I just gave up. I'm just going to keep looking up info.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Inglip 2012

WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner

Originally Posted by NoRider
Well I would register the car in Charlottesville if I was to do this. But the Classic car laws wouldn't apply for a skyline since its not 25 years old. Another problem arose as well... The title for the car would be from Canada, so it would be impossible to get a US state title unless I went through all of the legal processes... that is UNLESS SOMEONE HAS A CONNECTION AT THE DMV THAT WOULD OVERLOOK THIS FOR A SMALL FEE.... I'm just trying to get a GTR R32... it shouldn't have to be this hard in the first place...

You can't fucking have one. No R32 GT-R for you or anyone else unless you shell out $30k++ for a "preowned" motorexed one that got grandfathered.

Give the shit up, it's ridiculous.

If you want a Skyline with classic plates, buy a PGC10 L20B 2000GT. It's a cooler car anyway, and you can throw a 3.1L stroked L28 in it and have lots of fun.

P.S. I dunno about VA, but at least in MD I've never heard of any restrictions on where you can park a classic car. I have heard that there are mileage restrictions, of course. I've seen cars with classic plates parked all over creation...
Old 12-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WanganRunner
You can't fucking have one. No R32 GT-R for you or anyone else unless you shell out $30k++ for a "preowned" motorexed one that got grandfathered.

Give the shit up, it's ridiculous.

If you want a Skyline with classic plates, buy a PGC10 L20B 2000GT. It's a cooler car anyway, and you can throw a 3.1L stroked L28 in it and have lots of fun.

P.S. I dunno about VA, but at least in MD I've never heard of any restrictions on where you can park a classic car. I have heard that there are mileage restrictions, of course. I've seen cars with classic plates parked all over creation...

wow thats so wrong... I've already found a place to get one with US title for under 30... If its completely legal, I don't know and I honestly don't care. Once you get a US title, registering it is simple, insurance is simple, and passing safety is simple... I'm just trying to get it for EVEN cheaper since I'm not taking out a loan for a car.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:38 AM
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Originally Posted by NoRider
... If its completely legal, I don't know and I honestly don't care.

We are going to see you on here in a few months bitching because they found out about your "illegal" R32
Old 12-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Respect Everyone!

ITRTurbo786HP has disabled reputation

I can get you a Skyline cheap!!!!!!!Pm me

Quick Reply: Classic Car Laws In Virginia...