Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Cars you'd like to see remade

Old 04-23-2015, 11:02 AM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: Cars you'd like to see remade

Originally Posted by Teggy Teg
Acura Integra or Rsx
Have fun getting into the classifieds now teggy teg teg
Old 04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Originally Posted by Yardjass
I'm guessing it will be geared too high to get 40 mpg but the regular gas is a plus.

I'd personally prefer one for under 30 grand with no fancy accessory options. Just a good LSD, good gearbox, and forced induction somewhere around the 200 to 250 horse mark. That would have me actually buying it. For everything else you described, I can go and spend 5 grand to get a really nice, really low mileage NA Miata with the 1.8 engine and torsen LSD, and its almost the same thing. I just don't see the point in dumping tens of thousands of dollars on the new one. The modernized chassis, suspension and gadgets just don't justify the price difference.
Gah yeah you called it, but i remembered why: we get the 2L here so the US mx5 will get 36mpg but you won't have to downshift to pass when already going 65+ due to fun gearing. So they'll get 40+mpg in Eurrp, just with more slow added.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:51 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by brandini
Gah yeah you called it, but i remembered why: we get the 2L here so the US mx5 will get 36mpg but you won't have to downshift to pass when already going 65+ due to fun gearing. So they'll get 40+mpg in Eurrp, just with more slow added.
I was about to say that's actually impressive. I expected around 33 highway. Then I looked it up and discovered only the auto gets 36.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:42 PM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

True 34 manual, 36 highway but premium gas? It's gotta be tuned more aggressively than the 2L in the 3 that only needs regular. Hopefully a little more poke.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:41 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

True 34 manual, 36 highway but premium gas? It's gotta be tuned more aggressively than the 2L in the 3 that only needs regular. Hopefully a little more poke.
Yeah, I missed that part. I assumed it would be regular, which kind of sucks. Honestly, for that shit dick amount of power, I'd prefer to only pay for regular.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:47 AM
RiverCitySyn

Yeah but it's going to have more area under the curve than most other 2L engines, which is what makes Mazdas bearable around town and in traffic. My girlfriend has the old 2L in her smiley face 3 and it's not nearly as bad as most other high strung, similarly sized engines. The Skyactiv in her mom's 2L 3 has nearly as much punch down low as my 2.3L. It's really impressive what they've done with the engines these days.

Best video not only shows why the engine is the shit, but the manufacturing as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NXrmYB7L0Y
Old 04-24-2015, 12:00 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yeah but it's going to have more area under the curve than most other 2L engines, which is what makes Mazdas bearable around town and in traffic. My girlfriend has the old 2L in her smiley face 3 and it's not nearly as bad as most other high strung, similarly sized engines. The Skyactiv in her mom's 2L 3 has nearly as much punch down low as my 2.3L. It's really impressive what they've done with the engines these days.

Best video not only shows why the engine is the shit, but the manufacturing as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NXrmYB7L0Y
That would be worth it I suppose. I've been so spoiled by diesel I probably would be wanting more though. Speaking of diesel, I think I already mentioned this but besides the weight penalty, a small diesel in the miata would make for an awesome car.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

thepizzaman is infamous around these partsthepizzaman is infamous around these partsthepizzaman is infamous around these partsthepizzaman is infamous around these partsthepizzaman is infamous around these partsthepizzaman is infamous around these partsthepizzaman is infamous around these partsthepizzaman is infamous around these partsthepizzaman is infamous around these partsthepizzaman is infamous around these partsthepizzaman is infamous around these parts

There's supposed to be a Lincoln contenintal prototype. That would be sweet
Old 06-07-2015, 05:46 AM
Registered Member

Jsoldier1 has disabled reputation

Would love to see them make the 300zx again. Would probably be too much money though
Old 06-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Registered member

Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine

A fun/or powerful true midsize american car thats rwd/awd. The dodges sho/g8/ss are large cars. Give it magnetic ride and/or a lt1 chevy and keep it under 3800 lbs. Ford wont do shit. Dodge I don't think you will make one either. So Chevy for fuck sake do us all a favor.