Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

where to buy non ethanol fuel

Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 AM
FckYoCouch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin
Default Re: where to buy non ethanol fuel

For the record, I was keeping things simple by simply stating "engine" as the culpret. Injectors, tuning, compression ratio, etc...etc... I guess I should have specified that I was speaking in terms of your average mod'd street car, which I presume most of us are concerned with... I use C16 when I'm at the track... No ethanol in that. I would guess that 99% of us here have no need for anything more than that...

But yes... full-on race vehicles are set up to use alternative fuels... I'm not.... and as far as I can tell, it's still not real common, easy, or very effective for us shade tree racers.... So, for the majority of us who like to tinker with cars and go fast, a high ethanol content isn't desireable....

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:46 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by rtcarlin
For the record, I was keeping things simple by simply stating "engine" as the culpret. Injectors, tuning, compression ratio, etc...etc... I guess I should have specified that I was speaking in terms of your average mod'd street car, which I presume most of us are concerned with... I use C16 when I'm at the track... No ethanol in that. I would guess that 99% of us here have no need for anything more than that...

But yes... full-on race vehicles are set up to use alternative fuels... I'm not.... and as far as I can tell, it's still not real common, easy, or very effective for us shade tree racers.... So, for the majority of us who like to tinker with cars and go fast, a high ethanol content isn't desireable....

Sorry for the confusion.

Where in gods name have you been?!?!?!?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:46 PM
vxhybrid

93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid

Originally Posted by Reloaded
That means you'll use more fuel but it isn't going to lower your power as you indicated in your first post by stating your car is running slower.

You aren't running E85 either, you're running a blended fuel that is mostly gas with a small percntage of ethanol, less than 10%.

And ethanol fuels like E85 are sigficantly more resistant to premature detonation and work well in high boost applications. So I really wouldn't say they "suck".

Summer fuel as a whole is roughly 1.5% - 1.7% more poweful than the fuel sold during the colder months.

Perhaps it isn't the fuel that is making your car slow but the fact that your car is a shitty 20 year old Civic designed for fuel economy not winning Le Mans?
why does everyone thing i drive a crappy car? My car is by no means stock( I run stickers....LOL)I run open loop and thus it has affected my A/f ratio.

people always think that if the E10 doesnt sit in your tank for too long then it wont absorb water... that is wrong. it will absorb water in both your tank and the storage tank that the fuel station uses. this water will lower your BTU output as well as the ethanol.

Just for shits and giggles run a tank of E10 and compute your gas mileage then run a tank of Standard gas( same octane rating) and compute your gas mileage..... tell me what you notice...

me and my 20 year old crappy slow car are slower on E10....

LOL
Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

Impulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these parts

well we've already stated that your gas mileage will suffer. You've stated you run your car in open loop (cause thats smart). So yes your already slow car will probably be slower.

If your car isnt stock, you should tune for your mods to get the most bang for your buck. You arent going to find straight gasoline around here, so tune for E10, solve all your problems with one tune. that would be the smart thing to do.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:18 PM
vxhybrid

93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid

Originally Posted by Impulsed7
well we've already stated that your gas mileage will suffer. You've stated you run your car in open loop (cause thats smart). So yes your already slow car will probably be slower.

If your car isnt stock, you should tune for your mods to get the most bang for your buck. You arent going to find straight gasoline around here, so tune for E10, solve all your problems with one tune. that would be the smart thing to do.
if you are admitting that you will get worse gas mileage then you are admitting that you will make less power. the reason for worse gas mileage is that it takes more fuel to do the same amount of work.

I am slowly tuning for E10. crome free isnt the easiest to tune with when you dont use and ostrich.... but i am getting there....
Old 11-18-2009, 03:24 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by 93vxhybrid
if you are admitting that you will get worse gas mileage then you are admitting that you will make less power. the reason for worse gas mileage is that it takes more fuel to do the same amount of work.

I am slowly tuning for E10. crome free isnt the easiest to tune with when you dont use and ostrich.... but i am getting there....
So you think that just because your gas milage gets worse your car makes less power?????

Lololololol. So I guess whenever I run 110 in my car it makes less power cause I burn through a tank faster.

Idiot.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
vxhybrid

Originally Posted by Boost-box
So you think that just because your gas milage gets worse your car makes less power?????

Lololololol. So I guess whenever I run 110 in my car it makes less power cause I burn through a tank faster.

Idiot.
LOL yes i am the Idiot....LOL

yes the gas makes less power then straight gas.... just because you can tune your car for more power doesnt make the fuel itself contain more power... LOL dyno a bone stock car on E10 then again on regular gas and you will see that the E10 makes less power!!!!!!

and you call me an idiot.... LOL

well i guess i am because:

who is more of an idiot? an idiot or someone that tries to argue with said idiot????? LOL
Old 11-18-2009, 04:25 PM
NAZI mod

Originally Posted by 93vxhybrid
LOL yes i am the Idiot....LOL

yes the gas makes less power then straight gas.... just because you can tune your car for more power doesnt make the fuel itself contain more power... LOL dyno a bone stock car on E10 then again on regular gas and you will see that the E10 makes less power!!!!!!

and you call me an idiot.... LOL

well i guess i am because:

who is more of an idiot? an idiot or someone that tries to argue with said idiot????? LOL
Have you not read any of the posts that fabrk8 has made?????

damn.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

SO I'm still confused here. Ethanol sucks because you run open loop with a bone stock 20 year old car?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:59 PM
vxhybrid

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
SO I'm still confused here. Ethanol sucks because you run open loop with a bone stock 20 year old car?
first off my car is only 16 years old..... LOL and it is not quite bone stock Ill race you for gas money... LOL

E10 sucks because it is not good for performance nor gas mileage.

me running open loop has nothing to do with getting less power out of E10 than you would out of gasoline............

Quick Reply: where to buy non ethanol fuel