Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Paint shops in hampton roads that won't rape me in the ass

Old 09-01-2015, 03:55 AM
Shooting 63's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: Paint shops in hampton roads that won't rape me in the ass

Is the current paint THAT bad? Whats the intention?

If you just want it one color, that looks good from ten feet and more away...there are so many options.

If you want a show car...then you have to pay for it.

I'm still in between Maaco and Plastidip for the DA...but again we are talking vastly different platforms here (and my lack of fucks).
Old 09-01-2015, 05:18 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Is the current paint THAT bad? Whats the intention?

If you just want it one color, that looks good from ten feet and more away...there are so many options.

If you want a show car...then you have to pay for it.

I'm still in between Maaco and Plastidip for the DA...but again we are talking vastly different platforms here (and my lack of fucks).
Paint on the trunk is faded, hardtop is white and front bumper is suzuka blue....
Old 09-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Repainting Silverstone?

People badmouth plastidip, for good reason. If you cheap out (kind of an ironic term considering it is plastidip) and buy cans or don't take your time...it looks bad.

Considering it will never be a show car, but you want it to be a solid good looking color...not a bad option.

That, and its a cheaper and immediate solution, which can easily be removed when you decide to send off for real paint job.

Even some of the real paint guys I've talked to say it's a great solution for 95% of cars that need repainted, especially older ones.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

Why not do a roller paint job?
Old 09-02-2015, 04:23 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Repainting Silverstone?

People badmouth plastidip, for good reason. If you cheap out (kind of an ironic term considering it is plastidip) and buy cans or don't take your time...it looks bad.

Considering it will never be a show car, but you want it to be a solid good looking color...not a bad option.

That, and its a cheaper and immediate solution, which can easily be removed when you decide to send off for real paint job.

Even some of the real paint guys I've talked to say it's a great solution for 95% of cars that need repainted, especially older ones.
Berlina Black
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80
Why not do a roller paint job?
And no, it's an S2000 not a civic
Old 10-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

luvmihatch luvmihatch luvmihatch luvmihatch luvmihatch luvmihatch luvmihatch luvmihatch luvmihatch luvmihatch luvmihatch

kempsville body shop did an amazing job on my titan
Old 10-18-2015, 06:17 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

the car has been at Paul's Auto for over a month now, body work, hardtop, spoiler, a spare trunk and front end correction all for $2700

should be ready for pick up this Tuesday. They did my buddies S2000 that had Quarter panel and front end issues about two years ago and the car looked great, and recently they did a re-spray on a former co-workers car and it looks better than factory, so I have high hopes for mine.

Will post pictures when I pick it up
Old 10-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Registered member

Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo

^ Def. looking forward to seeing completed pics. Probably going to be in need of some paint work and stuff shortly.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
And no, it's an S2000 not a civic
My apologies sir, I didn't realize the S2000 was so grandeur.

I've seen a lot of roll on jobs and they all look pretty good. Light years better than rattle can and most DIY spray gun jobs. I guess its more forgiving and requires less technique/skill. Either way they aren't as bad as most assume...

However, I will always recommend Stock or Modified Bodyworks and Joey and the gang did a PHENOMENAL job on my S14. The color was Porsche Gray (GT3 RS color) and they replicated it perfectly.

Last edited by sidewaysil80; 10-19-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:32 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Rhino liner. No fucks given.

Quick Reply: Paint shops in hampton roads that won't rape me in the ass